Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football


Davis
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm still in the pub, my mates reckon 2 but I thought 1 was clear... but no sour grapes, I always thought the first goal would be decisive and so it proved. Good luck next season Forest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 pens definitely and if there was no VAR which there shouldn’t have been considering the EFL hasn’t used it all season the ref might’ve had more of a temptation to give them instead of just relying on the “prove me wrong” that most PL refs do.

Jack Colback is a Premier League footballer again 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Jack Colback is a Premier League footballer again 😳

The question is was he ever a Premier League footballer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"But you only won the league cups" 

Half a million people lined the streets to welcome these lads home! 

Screenshot_20220530_081326_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.fc31519c4bfdc82471855b16fbe86566.jpg

20220530_081915.thumb.jpg.d4527513c8717f323c3539549c1ede7c.jpg

20220530_082143.thumb.jpg.ff50259c91bc0381b44829ef5da094b1.jpg

Sensational scenes!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashez said:

"But you only won the league cups" 

Half a million people lined the streets to welcome these lads home! 

Screenshot_20220530_081326_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.fc31519c4bfdc82471855b16fbe86566.jpg

20220530_081915.thumb.jpg.d4527513c8717f323c3539549c1ede7c.jpg

20220530_082143.thumb.jpg.ff50259c91bc0381b44829ef5da094b1.jpg

Sensational scenes!! 

"Estimated".

In reality, It could've been a thousand?! 🤣🤣🤣

I jest! People were locked up for the guts of 2 years, heck you celebrated a League triumph in an empty stadium. They're making up for it now and good on them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

The question is was he ever a Premier League footballer?

Until yesterday I’d genuinely forgotten he existed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

HOW WAS SON NOT NOMINATED???

 

Screenshot_20220601-180005.thumb.jpg.d2358ae9e0b78c52a0adf0e87e4dae81.jpg

 

It's just the same players every year no matter what happens on the pitch. Completely meaningless

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

HOW WAS SON NOT NOMINATED???

 

Screenshot_20220601-180005.thumb.jpg.d2358ae9e0b78c52a0adf0e87e4dae81.jpg

 

Salah has been shite since AFCON aswell! The mind boggles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Woody said:

Salah has been shite since AFCON aswell! The mind boggles.

Young player of the year had ESR who has been shite since January, and Luis Díaz who is 25(?) with Kulusevski (4 years younger and more goals + assists than Díaz) nowhere to be seen.

You just can't pay attention to awards for anything. Not this, not the Oscars, it's all just circlejerk nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Young player of the year had ESR who has been shite since January, and Luis Díaz who is 25(?) with Kulusevski (4 years younger and more goals + assists than Díaz) nowhere to be seen.

You just can't pay attention to awards for anything. Not this, not the Oscars, it's all just circlejerk nonsense.

‘It’s all just circlejerk nonsense.’ 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hhooo said:

Young player of the year had ESR who has been shite since January, and Luis Díaz who is 25(?) with Kulusevski (4 years younger and more goals + assists than Díaz) nowhere to be seen.

You just can't pay attention to awards for anything. Not this, not the Oscars, it's all just circlejerk nonsense.

Don't see Diaz on my list? All-english, Foden, Saka, ESR, James, Ramsey and Gallagher. 

Maybe Son was excluded from the top honour for the constant diving and histrionics :) I've got a Korean-english friend who supports the bees, he was so disappointed in Sonny when you came to the BCS... i know "everyone does it" but he was a bit OTT that night...

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

 

TM1214_BLACKWHITE_011_8d264d90-8788-44b7-bb1e-4301d606c52d_2000x.thumb.jpg.53a6be862f2aa0406329d39465fdbe45.jpg

No new sponsor but this is one of the smartest kits we've had in a good few years 😍

That does look good. I'm a fan of Chinese/Korean etc sponsors, since the lettering looks more like an actual design than words to my untrained eye!

Spurs are having a down year on kits. The neon yellow stripe for the home one is bleh, and the away is the worst I've seen in a decade

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2022 at 13:53, AdamNufc said:

 

TM1214_BLACKWHITE_011_8d264d90-8788-44b7-bb1e-4301d606c52d_2000x.thumb.jpg.53a6be862f2aa0406329d39465fdbe45.jpg

No new sponsor but this is one of the smartest kits we've had in a good few years 😍

Love it. It was leaked a few weeks back but this is quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Woody said:

Love it. It was leaked a few weeks back but this is quality.

I like many didn't want fun88, wanted a brand new big money fancy sponsor but this kit does look smart and it's the last year of FUN88. Will I buy it? Probably not as £65 is crazy and don't think it would suit a post COVID lockdown beer belly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I like many didn't want fun88, wanted a brand new big money fancy sponsor but this kit does look smart and it's the last year of FUN88. Will I buy it? Probably not as £65 is crazy and don't think it would suit a post COVID lockdown beer belly!

I'm going to buy the real McCoy this year. Haven't bought one for about 12 years (not legitimately anyway) while the fat cockney was owner but I will this season. I might even buy all 3 and even ones for the kids. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

I'm going to buy the real McCoy this year. Haven't bought one for about 12 years (not legitimately anyway) while the fat cockney was owner but I will this season. I might even buy all 3 and even ones for the kids. 😁

I'm tempted to be honest to buy from the club, if I do get the shirt I'm only buying through the club because then my money contributes albeit in a sma way. Yeah Its a few years since I had one.  Hopefully some big signings to wear it next season

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Pope to Newcastle for £8-10m. Cracking deal that.

Whilst he's a great shot stopper I don't think it improves on Dubravka. We seem to want to play out from the back under Howe which means we need a GK comfortable with the ball at his feet. Dubravka certainly isn't and Pope even less so. That's the only reason Southgate won't pick Pope. He's said as much.

The price is good but I was hoping for "better".

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Whilst he's a great shot stopper I don't think it improves on Dubravka. We seem to want to play out from the back under Howe which means we need a GK comfortable with the ball at his feet. Dubravka certainly isn't and Pope even less so. That's the only reason Southgate won't pick Pope. He's said as much.

The price is good but I was hoping for "better".

I can't comment on people saying he's poor with his feet, I haven't watched much of him, the odd Burnley game and bits on Motd, all I can comment on is how he's a quality shot stopper, tho many are saying poor with his feet. 

The price it's a bargain for a keeper of his ability and we need to be focusing our money elsewhere as a priority, I think Botman and Ekitike will sign so that will be 3 through the door plus Targett now permanent and about £70m spent, I could then see one or two more coming later in the window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Beating AC Milan to signings, we are MASSIVE! 

 

Screenshot_2022-06-24-19-11-00-59_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.thumb.jpg.1a4239e6c355710eaf5c39c0098201e1.jpg

A lot of folk on the central defender merry-go-round this year!

Also…

- City signing Philips;

- Eriksen choosing between Brentford and Man United;

- Jesus likely to Arsenal;

- Pogba to Juventus

Bit gutted Spurs aren’t going in for Eriksen 😢

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rob said:

A lot of folk on the central defender merry-go-round this year!

Also…

- City signing Philips;

- Eriksen choosing between Brentford and Man United;

- Jesus likely to Arsenal;

- Pogba to Juventus

Bit gutted Spurs aren’t going in for Eriksen 😢

 

Jesus would of been my ideal marquee signing for us, I think he will do quality for Arsenal.

Spurs should of been all over Eriksen, I hope he choses to stay at Brentford, for @Mr Treesake and also I think he owes them some loyalty.

Your spurs have made some decent signings, I can see yous finishing 3rd and winning a cup this season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Jesus would of been my ideal marquee signing for us, I think he will do quality for Arsenal.

Spurs should of been all over Eriksen, I hope he choses to stay at Brentford, for @Mr Treesake and also I think he owes them some loyalty.

Your spurs have made some decent signings, I can see yous finishing 3rd and winning a cup this season 

Yeah agree on all that. Happy with your business so far?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yeah agree on all that. Happy with your business so far?

So far I think we've done great business, defo need a striker and a winger anything else on top of that would be a bonus. Another CM would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...