Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Fairly sure if we created a new Marvel or DC based challenge it would seduce you back in to action! x

You know me too well Robert 🤪

2 hours ago, Rob said:

You know the league’s gone when one relegation-threatened team beats another 9-0.

Painful to watch my home town club throwing the towel in like that. It was always going to be a struggle but the recruitment as always has been poor. 

City though. 

I remember Man U in the early to mid 90s always scoring late to win or draw. City seem to have taken that to another level. So many comebacks in memorial and important games. 

Edited by billy2shots
3 hours ago, Rob said:

You know the league’s gone when one relegation-threatened team beats another 9-0.

Imagine someone telling you this morning that Liverpool would win 9-0. Salah would play the full 90 and not get a goal or an assist. You’d think they were a crazy person. Mental :D

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Imagine someone telling you this morning that Liverpool would win 9-0. Salah would play the full 90 and not get a goal or an assist. You’d think they were a crazy person. Mental :D

Haha, saw the goals but didn’t notice that! Some decent goals in there.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Haha, saw the goals but didn’t notice that! Some decent goals in there.

I haven’t seen any of it yet, will do soon. It may end up being good for Bournemouth, as it may be a kick up the arse, so to speak. We’ll see.

14 hours ago, Ian said:

I haven’t seen any of it yet, will do soon. It may end up being good for Bournemouth, as it may be a kick up the arse, so to speak. We’ll see.

Need to invest that's for sure. 

Unfortunately they need to spend big on the training facility being built 500m from my house. That cost has taken away and player transfer spends. Forest and Fulham have invested to stay up. Bournemouth and preparing for next season in the championship. 

Not a great performance today. Fair play to Wolves. Defended for their lives at times. Just when you thought we'd get a clean strike away at goal they got something in the way. 

One thing highlighted today, Sean Longstaff is dog meat. I was hoping he'd kick on and prove to be an important player but I'd start Anderson ahead of him from now on. Not even debatable!

Maxi back to normal. 🙄 Until that UNBELIEVABLE goal. Wow! Such a frustrating player. 🤣

This is the 2nd week in a row that neither the ref or VAR have given us a penalty. I'm not saying conspiracy.... yet. 🤣

Wilson out with a hamstring injury. Shelvey the same. Both Trippier & ASM holding their hamstrings. This high pressing, quick pace is affecting us obviously. 😳 Worrying times ahead of Liverpool away on Wednesday. 

56 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Does Dean Henderson ever actually fail to save a penalty?

Willing to give Ivan Toney a few chances against him when we play them :)

10 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Need to invest that's for sure. 

Unfortunately they need to spend big on the training facility being built 500m from my house. That cost has taken away and player transfer spends. Forest and Fulham have invested to stay up. Bournemouth and preparing for next season in the championship. 

Just one of them, I guess. Need to weather it.

On 28/08/2022 at 16:00, Dai_ said:

Not a great performance today. Fair play to Wolves. Defended for their lives at times. Just when you thought we'd get a clean strike away at goal they got something in the way. 

One thing highlighted today, Sean Longstaff is dog meat. I was hoping he'd kick on and prove to be an important player but I'd start Anderson ahead of him from now on. Not even debatable!

Maxi back to normal. 🙄 Until that UNBELIEVABLE goal. Wow! Such a frustrating player. 🤣

This is the 2nd week in a row that neither the ref or VAR have given us a penalty. I'm not saying conspiracy.... yet. 🤣

Wilson out with a hamstring injury. Shelvey the same. Both Trippier & ASM holding their hamstrings. This high pressing, quick pace is affecting us obviously. 😳 Worrying times ahead of Liverpool away on Wednesday. 

Just saw this and tbf we dominated the game in terms of possession and chances, though we didn't have much in terms.of clear cut chances. Possession wise we were fine but we lacked any creativity in the final third. Longstaff has been poor but who do we play in front of the defence in a middle 3 of Jo Anderson Willock while Bruno is injured? Bruno missing affected us badly in the middle of the park, no creativity or flair there. We really need to be signing a CM and RW this window. 

2 additions needed because our first team is fine but a few injuries really affect us as we lack quality squad depth 

Maxi was so frustrating yesterday but then goes and pulls a rabbit out the hat with a worldie.

I liked Wood last season as apart from his lack of goal output he held the ball well and brought others into play but yesterday with the system we now play Wood up top was like playing with 10 men, hope Isak is clear to play Wednesday and can hit the ground running for us.

48 minutes ago, Rob said:

How come Man United are obsessed with Dubravka then? Don’t know much about him. 

He's been brilliant for us. Outstanding shot stopper. Struggles a bit with high balls and not the greatest with the ball at his feet.

It's a strange one. He doesn't like being our backup 'keeper so maybe he'll get to play in the Europa League for them? I'm sure there were better options for a club like Man Utd though.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

How come Man United are obsessed with Dubravka then? Don’t know much about him. 

Brilliant shot stopper but is prone to the odd mistake. Shame is off tbh.

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

@Dai_ @Woody cheers lads. Seems a lot of money for a backup.

£5m is nothing. Plus, the loan deal doesn't come with an obligation, just the option to buy.

17 hours ago, Dai_ said:

£5m is nothing. Plus, the loan deal doesn't come with an obligation, just the option to buy.

Linked to another Btazilian..Andrey Santos.

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Jammy shitters that Liverpool!!!

I only watched the last ten mins but it looked like both benches were a little stroppy with one another. What happened?

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I only watched the last ten mins but it looked like both benches were a little stroppy with one another. What happened?

Typical Klopp getting above his station as usuall. We bullied Liverpool for large parts. 

Liverpool put the pressure on for the last 15mins but couldnt get through. We diidnt deserve to lose.

Isak looked class though and worked his arse off. The injuries are causing us major problems. I'm expecting a few in by the end of today...we need them.

Nothing......And I mean nothing is better in football than a last second winner against a side that time wasted from the start, absolutely glorious!! 

Credit to Newcastle though, they played brilliantly and deserved at least the draw. But I can't be arsed with the darkarts side of football, we give Atletico shit for it so I won't praise Newcastle for it. Even though some of that is out of jealousy as I do wish we had some street smarts and dark arts in our play as we're too bloody nice 😂

Baby Fab is some talent! Henderson on the other hand.....Yikes.

Just want to say I really don't think Isak is offside here, Rashford got a goal against Liverpool allowed for something really similar.

Isak should of had 2 goals, I'm pissed off as I had bet him to score a brace on his debut!!

Im really proud of the lads we went toe to toe with Liverpool with 4 of our starters out injured. 

Was hoping today we could get 1 or 2 new signings but hopes starting to fade ( still time tho).

6 points outta 5 games and should really be 7. I predicted 5-6 outta the games so we've done well. The performances against City and Liverpool show we can have a very good season, we have a winnable run of games coming up 

20220831_212827.thumb.jpg.9b393d4e5acd8f94b3d62962139e9d2e.jpg

4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Just want to say I really don't think Isak is offside here, Rashford got a goal against Liverpool allowed for something really similar.

Isak should of had 2 goals, I'm pissed off as I had bet him to score a brace on his debut!!

Im really proud of the lads we went toe to toe with Liverpool with 4 of our starters out injured. 

Was hoping today we could get 1 or 2 new signings but hopes starting to fade ( still time tho).

6 points outta 5 games and should really be 7. I predicted 5-6 outta the games so we've done well. The performances against City and Liverpool show we can have a very good season, we have a winnable run of games coming up 

20220831_212827.thumb.jpg.9b393d4e5acd8f94b3d62962139e9d2e.jpg

Moura could be coming on loan. Need another midfielder.

48 minutes ago, Woody said:

Moura could be coming on loan. Need another midfielder.

Looks like our business is done mate

Seen the Moura reports earlier, nah it's getting on now mate.

Im hoping cos Zakaria has went to Chelsea we can push a late loan deal for Gallagher

Feel we are 1/2 short but there's always Jan and more money should be available then if needed.

The 4 deals we have done have been very good signings

11 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Looks like our business is done mate

Seen the Moura reports earlier, nah it's getting on now mate.

Im hoping cos Zakaria has went to Chelsea we can push a late loan deal for Gallagher

Feel we are 1/2 short but there's always Jan and more money should be available then if needed.

The 4 deals we have done have been very good signings

Could of got Barkley for nowt. 

5 hours ago, Woody said:

Could of got Barkley for nowt. 

Next few days when squad registration is released we will see if Barkley is an option.

If we register 25 then no but if we register 24 then maybe we do it