Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

On 07/07/2022 at 09:58, Rob said:

@Mr Tree thoughts on Eriksen? 

Fair enough, can't deny it's a great opportunity for him. I fear he'll be unhappy on the bench soon enough, but it's his choice. 

Aaron Hickey sounds like a great pickup for us, although the thought of us buying a player for £17m is crazy. Wouldn't mind a couple more, but we'll see...

14 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Fair enough, can't deny it's a great opportunity for him. I fear he'll be unhappy on the bench soon enough, but it's his choice. 

Aaron Hickey sounds like a great pickup for us, although the thought of us buying a player for £17m is crazy. Wouldn't mind a couple more, but we'll see...

£20m for the lad from Hull!!!

Good player but not worth anywhere near £20m.

7 hours ago, Woody said:

£20m for the lad from Hull!!!

Good player but not worth anywhere near £20m.

The money's all gone a bit bonkers, hard to keep track... but we've been keen for a while, so there must be something there...

On 11/07/2022 at 20:32, Mr Tree said:

The money's all gone a bit bonkers, hard to keep track... but we've been keen for a while, so there must be something there...

Its mad mate.

Ive heard Everton wanted £65m for Calvert-Lewin! Which is probably why we are after Isak.

On 13/07/2022 at 15:23, Woody said:

Its mad mate.

Ive heard Everton wanted £65m for Calvert-Lewin! Which is probably why we are after Isak.

And they want us to pay the £76m release clause for him. Money's Mad 

14 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

And they want us to pay the £76m release clause for him. Money's Mad 

It is mate. Im glad we arnt being held to ransom but at some point you have to pay the going rate.

Happy at the moment though.

5 hours ago, Woody said:

It is mate. Im glad we arnt being held to ransom but at some point you have to pay the going rate.

Happy at the moment though.

Plenty time In the window, we will fit the gaps we want to fill no problem. Defo can't be held to random. I'd like to see Sarr sign if we can't get Diaby. Harrison is also better than Almiron/Murphy but is a bit of a let down from Diaby.

19 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Plenty time In the window, we will fit the gaps we want to fill no problem. Defo can't be held to random. I'd like to see Sarr sign if we can't get Diaby. Harrison is also better than Almiron/Murphy but is a bit of a let down from Diaby.

Diaby would be fantastic. But we need a quality striker. Cant rely on Wood is Wilson is injured.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Woody said:

Diaby would be fantastic. But we need a quality striker. Cant rely on Wood is Wilson is injured.

Pretty much need both so I'm really hoping we get at least two more through the door. So many teams spending, it's going to be a huge ask to break into Top 10 let alone Top 8.

Outside of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U there's West Ham, Villa, Wolves, Leicester, Brighton and Us all fighting around there and theres bound to be a couple others fighting up there too.

Edited by AdamNufc
On 16/07/2022 at 10:28, AdamNufc said:

Pretty much need both so I'm really hoping we get at least two more through the door. So many teams spending, it's going to be a huge ask to break into Top 10 let alone Top 8.

Outside of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U there's West Ham, Villa, Wolves, Leicester, Brighton and Us all fighting around there and theres bound to be a couple others fighting up there too.

Gonna be an exciting season mate

Telling you now if we break the bank for Madison, I will be cartwheeling around Newcastle all night long. Quality player.

Had a £40m bid rejected, meant to be back in for him 

14 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Telling you now if we break the bank for Madison, I will be cartwheeling around Newcastle all night long. Quality player.

Had a £40m bid rejected, meant to be back in for him 

Yeah, I'm slightly more reserved as I've read they're looking nearer £60m. While I think he's absolute quality, I don't think we will pay that.

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Yeah, I'm slightly more reserved as I've read they're looking nearer £60m. While I think he's absolute quality, I don't think we will pay that.

Hoping Compromise is found at £50m. One to watch like 

5 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@FuddledFox Reckon if our bid goes up to about £50/55m for Maddison that your lot would accept?

Foxy is an Oxford fan, isn't he?

I understand your confusion though. 😂

I would love it if we got Maddison. That would be a statement!

Just now, Dai_ said:

Foxy is an Oxford fan, isn't he?

I understand your confusion though. 😂

I would love it if we got Maddison. That would be a statement!

Ha ha ha well I look like a tit now! Always though he was Leicester 😂😂😂

Don't I'm proper wanting us to get Maddison now but it defo looks 50-50

9 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Ha ha ha well I look like a tit now! Always though he was Leicester 😂😂😂

Don't I'm proper wanting us to get Maddison now but it defo looks 50-50

Haha!

Unlike other "Toon tax" pricing us out of deals I wouldn't mind offering £50m + Dubravka, who they're reportedly interested in.

20 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@FuddledFox Reckon if our bid goes up to about £50/55m for Maddison that your lot would accept?

Yep I’m pretty sure Oxford would accept £50m for James Maddison although Leicester might not be happy with it!

Woke up this morning genuinely excited for the opening day of the Premier League Season (yeah, yeah yesterday I know)

Welcome back, oh how I've missed you!