Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Next few days when squad registration is released we will see if Barkley is an option.

If we register 25 then no but if we register 24 then maybe we do it 

Tbh who ever comes in will play 2nd fiddleto Almiron....he has been awesome so far.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Phil Collins' son has signed for Hannover! FM challenge for next season i think.

17yr old Matthew Collins plays in midfield.

But seriously? 😜

I can't believe we didn't score there today. Unbelievable!

That VAR decision to rule out the own goal was disgusting too. Shocking! 😡

I know there's a saying that these things even themselves out but I'm honestly waiting for a few to go in our favour to balance it out for us.

45 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I can't believe we didn't score there today. Unbelievable!

That VAR decision to rule out the own goal was disgusting too. Shocking! 😡

I know there's a saying that these things even themselves out but I'm honestly waiting for a few to go in our favour to balance it out for us.

20220903_171830.thumb.jpg.12ec023ebf071e1b7f751f1d5c2d7d7c.jpgFucking disgrace ( excuse my language)

10 hours ago, Woody said:

Phil Collins' son has signed for Hannover! FM challenge for next season i think.

17yr old Matthew Collins plays in midfield.

One of my favourite Phil Collins songs is "The Roof is Leaking". I believe there is a forward going by the name "Roofe". There could be something there for a challenge, lol. Going for goals and assists with the two but having to keep things tight at the back, hench, the leaking.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

One of my favourite Phil Collins songs is "The Roof is Leaking". I believe there is a forward going by the name "Roofe". There could be something there for a challenge, lol. Going for goals and assists with the two but having to keep things tight at the back, hench, the leaking.

Like it already. 😀👍

Bad weekend for the VAR system - wonder if anything will change... We got a little lucky, perhaps, but then we deserved it for being virtuous southerners and not dirty Leeds...

Don't understand why it took two minutes to check our 4th (ahhh Llorente, shhhh) or Everton's disallowed goal, both clear within 5 seconds. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Nah, the top 8 are the nation's elite powerhouses, apart from Brighton...

Chelsea and Liverpool have failed to win 50% of their games so far (early but still). Man city have failed to win 30% of their matches. 

Worst start for Liverpool under Klopp. 

I'm not necessarily talking about league positions but teams are nicking points off of each other that I haven't seen in seasons past. 

Liverpool is in kinda transition, our midfield is getting old and currently 5 injured. We blew our money at Nunez and so far he didn't settled in yet. Mane is gone. Salah in terms of goals, is underwhelming.. Yes, it's a hard start for Liverpool, but still optimistic we'll turn it around and reach 3rd place at least. 

45 minutes ago, Ariza8 said:

Liverpool is in kinda transition, our midfield is getting old and currently 5 injured. We blew our money at Nunez and so far he didn't settled in yet. Mane is gone. Salah in terms of goals, is underwhelming.. Yes, it's a hard start for Liverpool, but still optimistic we'll turn it around and reach 3rd place at least. 

3rd would still probably trigger an open top bus parade so that would be nice for the fans. 

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Anyone else feel this season (so far) is more topsy turvy than usual?

Apart from Arsenal, there is very little consistency and lots of random results. 

Yes. It's exciting.

Imagine if VAR worked properly too. 😳

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Chelsea and Liverpool have failed to win 50% of their games so far (early but still). Man city have failed to win 30% of their matches. 

Worst start for Liverpool under Klopp. 

I'm not necessarily talking about league positions but teams are nicking points off of each other that I haven't seen in seasons past. 

🤦‍♂️

Yes, it's early, and it's always weird at the start, thanks. 

btw pool fans, i know there are big-picture issues but woof, Harvey looks like he's gonna be a cracking little player...

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

3rd would still probably trigger an open top bus parade so that would be nice for the fans. 

Open bus parade with Champions League and FA Cup trophy? Yes please! 😂

14 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

🤦‍♂️

Yes, it's early, and it's always weird at the start, thanks. 

btw pool fans, i know there are big-picture issues but woof, Harvey looks like he's gonna be a cracking little player...

Harvey is a great youngster, he always has the potential - last season he actually get into our starting mid before that horrific injury. If he could stay injury free this season it could be his breakthrough season to first team. 

This season was always going to be odd due to the shorter pre season and the world cup. Granted i didn't expect us to enter into a crisis immediately but that's football, whatever we did in pre season backfired. This new tactical system of Salah being wide more is also mind boggling, give your best player the ball and get him closer to the goal ffs. 

I said before the season starts it'll be an odd season, all I hope we do is be in reach of the title come the WC, as after Xmas is going to be like a new season. Some players will have rested, some will have played at a world cup, some will be delighted and some heart broken etc. We've a number of players not going to the world cup which I did think was our trump card to attack the send half of the season, I just hope it's not over before then. 

The schedule now is outrageous as I think we play three times a week now until the world cup, so I'd expect alot more up and down results for all the teams in Europe. Its basically more intense than the usual Xmas period and it lasts a couple months! 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

The schedule now is outrageous as I think we play three times a week now until the world cup, so I'd expect alot more up and down results for all the teams in Europe. Its basically more intense than the usual Xmas period and it lasts a couple months! 

Hmmmmm... it's just weekend+midweek, right? It's only 3 times a week if you're double-counting :) 13 games in 43 days (six weeks) from Oct 1st. Up to you to have the squad to deal with that - wouldn't worry us in FM, have a shit-hot youngster ready to plug in as and when needed, job's a good'un...

9 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Hmmmmm... it's just weekend+midweek, right? It's only 3 times a week if you're double-counting :) 13 games in 43 days (six weeks) from Oct 1st. Up to you to have the squad to deal with that - wouldn't worry us in FM, have a shit-hot youngster ready to plug in as and when needed, job's a good'un...

Yeah I poorly worded that 😂. Obviously I meant weekend-midweek-weekend and not 3 a week 😂😂. I did also forget the international break breaking up September. 

From October until the break we play every 3/4 days with one 5 day break. It's going to decimate squads. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I poorly worded that 😂. Obviously I meant weekend-midweek-weekend and not 3 a week 😂😂. I did also forget the international break breaking up September. 

From October until the break we play every 3/4 days with one 5 day break. It's going to decimate squads. 

I think they will just train less to keep the players as fresh as possible. 

Squads willbe rotated for sure but its a great opportunity for yoyng players to get huge experience if its offered.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

You'll be alright if it's only taking out 1 in every 10 players :)

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Football's gone completely mad....What the hell. 

Screenshot_20220907_102655_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.6113adb035da4e647c0aaa55a1d937ae.jpg

They've been crap for a while, somehow held on to 3rd last year but nearly blew it, look well rubbish at the mo. Plus he is clearly a twat. Shame really, i thought he was doing fine :)

On 05/09/2022 at 11:27, Woody said:

I think they will just train less to keep the players as fresh as possible. 

Squads willbe rotated for sure but its a great opportunity for yoyng players to get huge experience if its offered.

I doubt the amount of training will be reduced for more fresh players.... Unless they reduce the number of practice sessions for those who don't need to train that much. But are there any? Seniors? :)

On 19/09/2022 at 13:03, RiderJake said:

I doubt the amount of training will be reduced for more fresh players.... Unless they reduce the number of practice sessions for those who don't need to train that much. But are there any? Seniors? :)

Trust me during a heavy schedule players will train less through the week. No point playing 3 games a week and training everyday. Your already match fit.

It'll be light loads only.