Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

It's the whole Newcastle have spent money argument that annoys me, like other clubs have spen

Lets be real, yes other clubs have spent, but in a much shorter time period, you guys have flashed the cash. Not that you shouldn't of course. But obviously, Newcastles spending will be highlighted above others due to were the money comes from, that will always be a issue, so better just get used to that ha. 

We have wasted millions over the years on players that have not worked out, or don't fit how the then manager sets up. Danny Ings being a perfect example, that was a panic signing to ease the pain of losing Grealish. 

5 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

so better just get used to that ha. 

We have wasted millions over the years on players that have not worked out, or don't fit how the then manager sets up. Danny Ings being a perfect example, that was a panic signing to ease the pain of losing Grealish. 

I'm used to it and tbh aye it's Abit annoying but doesn't bother me too much as you can tell in a few years we are going to be huge.

Yes we have cash but it's recruitment like yous and Everton I hope we avoid, spending for sake of spending and not on the right players. I like how we've went for Prem proven players with a little dash of continental talent here and there. Got links to Maddison and Trossard in the Jan window, both or even just one of those would really push us on.

Do think if Villa get recruitment right then Villa can be a success under Emery but he's god a hard job until summer like Eddie did for us last season 

12 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Do think if Villa get recruitment right then Villa can be a success under Emery but he's god a hard job until summer like Eddie did for us last season 

If, and it is a big IF we can finally get our recruitment right, I do honesty believe we could go far. I don't think Emery needs to spend that much untill the summer to get our squad playing well, we proved against Brentford (they had a massive off day, even Toney said that) that, when going well, we are very good. Its a mentality issue with us too, knew as soon as we went 1-0 down on Saturday it was game over. Emery needs to address that straight away. I didn't think we played too bad first half, both teams had chances and with a bit of better decisions in the final third, could of found ourselves ahead or at least 1-1. 

Under Gerrard and near the end of Smiths time, we moved away from our previous plans of buying young with sell on potential, to 'experienced' older players (Ings, Countinho, Digne, Carlos). Looking at Emerys signings when he was at Arsenal, only Pepe stands out as a mistake, and who knows if he made that deal or it was done above him. He made some shrewd signings and gave debuts to Saka, ESR and a few other younger lads, so who knows?

52 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@JamesVilla Going to be interesting to see how he does, especially as our owners were in for him before Howe.

Guessing your first save on FMM23 will be Villa? 

He is our most experienced manager since I've supported the club, and although people see his time at Arsenal as a 'failure' he actually has a better win percentage than Arteta, and as with Moyes at United, it was abit of poisoned chalice to follow Wenger. 

Yeah most likely, normally start with Villa, and end up having about 3/4 attempts to get something decent working ha. 

4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

What a time to be alive

Screenshot_20221106-145740.thumb.jpg.f835993f39759cdf138180a9b41f36bd.jpg

No matter what happens next week we'll be in the top 4 on Xmas day. 😁

Yep, only losing 1 of your first 14, after not winning any of your first 15(?) last year, is very "on brand" at least :D

Def there on merit though and why not - the competition (Chelsea, spurs, United and pool) all look flawed, so it's there for the taking...

Meanwhile we have drawn with every single team below us so far, apart from West Ham (not played yet), Leeds (put 5 past them) and Villa (don't recall what happened there).

Our 3 wins are all against teams who wouldn't let us beat them last year, which makes me less worried about City, Spurs and Liverpool coming up :)

Just your daily reminder that NEWCASTLE ARE MASSIVE

Atmosphere last night at the game was amazing, sang my heart out, buzzing, it will be first time we've been in top 3 on Xmas day since 2001.

The whole team played brilliantly, quality goal from Willock but for me Man of The Match was Big Chris Wood, he didn't have much of the ball but he ran his socks off and helped put their keeper and defenders under so much pressure, our high press is one of our strong points.

Announce Champions League!

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

David Moyes been sacked again yet?

Shirley not? He must have credit for having them punching above their weight the last two seasons (notwithstanding eternal "back where we belong" belief among idiots in charge), and they're still probably not in big danger - there's a lot of crap down there. 9 defeats out of 15 is some going though.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Shirley not? He must have credit for having them punching above their weight the last two seasons (notwithstanding eternal "back where we belong" belief among idiots in charge), and they're still probably not in big danger - there's a lot of crap down there. 9 defeats out of 15 is some going though.

Lampard gotta be next the recent run is awful

41 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

Lampard gotta be next the recent run is awful

Yep, looked like they might survive again in the early weeks, looked like he had them "tough to beat" etc... but they seem to be falling apart now

added 0 minutes later

Wait.... job swap?!?

5 hours ago, Mr Tree said:
added 0 minutes later

Wait.... job swap?!?

Would love to see moyes back a Everton 4411 kick lumps out opponents hell find a another short number 10 that out jumps everyone at corners an bags 8/9 header a season 😂 

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Fat Frank has a lot of history with the hammers too 😁

West Ham one us our first prem really joe Cole, Lampard, JT (midfielder for there youth) under Jose think there a couple more that I can remember in there 

Anyone know how I can get to the newest posts on here it pre loads you to the very first post I’m currently 11,000 posts and 397 pages away 😂 

Edit: NVM

Edited by YetAnotherDisplayName
Nvm

So, we were told that the World Cup was going to cause havoc for our season. 

All premiership teams playing pretty much best 11s in the league cup tonight. Bournemouth, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves all going big. 

7 hours ago, billy2shots said:

So, we were told that the World Cup was going to cause havoc for our season. 

All premiership teams playing pretty much best 11s in the league cup tonight. Bournemouth, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves all going big. 

Last night was practically last Friendly match for match fitness for them 😅😂