Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Just got back from St James, have to say the toon should of won easily. Our keeper top notch, woody should of scored. Great to have a few bevies afterwards with the toons, great support as always, great team 

9 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Just got back from St James, have to say the toon should of won easily. Our keeper top notch, woody should of scored. Great to have a few bevies afterwards with the toons, great support as always, great team 

One game where I wish I was sat up in the gods, got soaked through, surprised I haven't got hypothermia today!

I don't remember much of the match as I was quite Merry but would of rather some goals to warm me up! Disappointed to have not won the game and feel the Schar incident, albeit if given as a Pen would of been soft, if it was Chelsea or Man U player in similar situation, that it would of been given.

Ya support was huge, filled the whole upper tier and could be heard all night

4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

One game where I wish I was sat up in the gods, got soaked through, surprised I haven't got hypothermia today!

I don't remember much of the match as I was quite Merry but would of rather some goals to warm me up! Disappointed to have not won the game and feel the Schar incident, albeit if given as a Pen would of been soft, if it was Chelsea or Man U player in similar situation, that it would of been given.

Ya support was huge, filled the whole upper tier and could be heard all night

Always a big game between us to, then afterwards great support mate. Incredibly humble of their team and understand the difficulties you have been Through, Incredible support as always 

15 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Sven Botman.... WHAT A PLAYER! 😍

Different gravy, still hasn't lost in the black and white 

I couldn't think of a Man Of Match last night as everyone was brilliant and grafted so we'll, best game for me all season, tactically spot on and grinded out the point

So Bale has retired, bit of a strange one that. Personally I would of finished my career off at Cardiff. Yes he's won literally everything, but for me was so over hyped. Didn't do much at the world cup, will be missed by Wales fans, as he played absolutely awesome for them for years, I'll give him that 👍 

On 09/01/2023 at 18:20, leedsunited87 said:

So Bale has retired, bit of a strange one that. Personally I would of finished my career off at Cardiff. Yes he's won literally everything, but for me was so over hyped. Didn't do much at the world cup, will be missed by Wales fans, as he played absolutely awesome for them for years, I'll give him that 👍 

He wasnt fit for starters.

How was he over hyped? Was in the top 5 best players in the world for quite a few years and single handedly won cups for Madrid. He was world class for a time.

I tell you who is over hyped...Neymar!! Hugely overrated.

Edited by Woody
5 hours ago, Woody said:

He wasnt fit for starters.

How was he over hyped? Was in the top 5 best players in the world for quite a few years and single handedly won cups for Madrid. He was world class for a time.

I tell you who is over hyped...Neymar!! Hugely overrated.

Hugely over hyped, last few years put golf over arguably the best team in the world. Last 3 years he's really struggled even with game time, america he was struggling, sad to see really 

2 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Hugely over hyped, last few years put golf over arguably the best team in the world. Last 3 years he's really struggled even with game time, america he was struggling, sad to see really 

So on that synopsis then shall we say Gazza was over hyped as he screwed up his final years with drink!

Maradona  due to drugs....its a bit silly to say tbh but we all have our own opinions.

No way was Bale overhyped, I’d actually say the opposite and that his ending at Real Madrid and last few years of his career made people forget just how good he was.

Without doubt one of the best players I’ve seen live. Remember him scoring a stunner in the last minute against us out of nowhere in a game destined for a 0-0. That’s what he was best at taking games by the scruff of the neck.

Really up there with the likes of Lee Cattermole.

On 09/01/2023 at 18:20, leedsunited87 said:

I know I'm obviously slightly biased but I completely disagree. I will always argue this point and hail him as an absolute legend until the day I die.

The stats that I've seen that back this up.
He won more trophies at Real Madrid than Zidane (Zizou was there for 5 seasons).
He made more assists for Real Madrid than David Beckham (Beckham was there for 4 years).
He scored more goals for Real Madrid that Ronaldo ((the real one) he was there for 5 years).
My argument is, in Bale's time he arguably had roughly the same amount of playing time despite being there quite a few years more. Yes, he has had quality around him in that time but the others mentioned obviously had players just as good if not better around them. 🤷‍♂️
The one gripe I have is that he was foolish not to leave and take less money when Real clearly didn't want him. Whilst he still carried our national team in that time, the possibilities with a fully fit and firing Bale in that time could of and likely should have been so much better!

He's also the only player to have 2 separate Champions League final winning goals to his name (granted, the one against Liverpool was Real's 3rd of the match but its still classed as a winning goal).

An absolute game-changer of a player.

Edited by Dai_

I don't care what anyone says. That first United goal should never of been allowed!! Shocking! 🙈

SayIng that. City were very poor and United deserved to win.

Yep, that was a bit of a shocker and goals change games of course. United have come a long way this season and are genuinely competitive now.

16 hours ago, Woody said:

Im gonna say it.....Klopp out!! 🤪

Got to be labelled a failure, surely?

Obviously tongue in cheek, as he’s amazing and has done wonders, but some of the Liverpool fans on Twitter (not Ash!) and Football365 are utter morons turning on him.

Edited by Rob

I will never turn on him, as I think that he's done enough in his time as manager to be held in a high regard for as long as he's here and beyond.

What is ultimately baffling to me is the apparent refusal to attempt something new with a squad that doesn't appear to be capable or invested in doing what made them so good before. The 4-3-3 in its current form simply is not working for us at anymore, for a multitude of reasons, and yet the loyalty to it is steadfast. I'd like to think it's not a case of tactical ineptitude on the part of Klopp and Lijnders, but if it's not, then it points to blind stubbornness, and really which is worse?

On 15/01/2023 at 10:17, Rob said:

Got to be labelled a failure, surely?

Obviously tongue in cheek, as he’s amazing and has done wonders, but some of the Liverpool fans on Twitter (not Ash!) and Football365 are utter morons turning on him.

I agree....its silly to have said but stranger things have happened. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Gordon finally about to transfer then! What do the Barcodes on here think?

I'm going to reserve judgement until the end of the season. I trust Howe. He's obviously involved in recruitment in some capacity and obviously see's something in him.

It's a lot of money though and I think there are better players we could of pursued for that price. I still want James Maddison and believe if we're willing to throw £40+ at Gordon then for a little bit more plus Dubravka I think we might of got him instead.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Clearly there is a talented lad there but recent events have tarnished it abit. Hopefully he will pull his socks up from here on in.

His form for the Toffees aint been great but neither has the whole team.

16 hours ago, Rob said:

I'm happy, think £40-45m is a bit much but it's not my money so who cares.

The lad has potential, might not have the goals and assists, but under Eddie I think he will get them, his under lying stats, XG, shots on target etc are really good and he's very quick, will fit in well to Eddie's style of play, with high pressing and running at teams.

Sort his attitude out and we have a player on our hands.