Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Wonder how much Fergerson payed Brown to score an own goal :P

I was there and we didnt deserve to go behind in that first half :(

And Ryan Tylor's goal was epic, thats something coming from a Sunderland fan.

Huddersfield Town make it 42 league games unbeaten

Lee Clark snubs the Leicester Managerial job only to pick up the manager of the month award a day later.

Huddersfield Town now 2nd in League 1 and still on track for automatic promotion !

Newcastle are not doing "scarily" well, they've had a good run of fixtures, soon they'll be playing us and City, maybe you could count Chelsea as a hard game I don't know :/

They are obviously doing better than Man United :P and you can't say Tottenham, our only goal is to do better than Arsenal which we are doing.

How are they doing better than Us?

Premier League Football

The thing I really despise about the Premier League is the money. You might be thinking "Oh but the money makes it better" Yes, maybe but it ruins it. 4-5 years ago Man City were 10-15th place, and now their just about to win the title. How annoying is that?!

If money wasn't in Football. Man United and Man City wouldn't be first. Wigan would because of their brilliant youth academy. Money is literally the heart in Premier League Football. You either have it or you don't. If you do then your probably going to win the title; however if you don't your most likely to get relegated.

20-30 years ago, teams like Crystal Palace, Norwich, Southampton, Leeds etc were in the Premier League and now those teams are left with literally nothing. Crystal Palace were in the FA Cup in 1990, but lost against Man United with a 1 goal margin. Now if Palace played Manchester United, they wouldn't just lose by 1 goal margin they would lost by 2 -3-4 goals (Crystal Palace are playing United in the League Cup on the 28th of November).

So, those Man United, City, Chelsea supporters think of years ago when your team were struggling and now with the money you've left teams in the Championship struggling!

I've supported Chelsea since I was able to comprehend what football was way back in 1995 when I was 3. And I am pretty sure back then Chelsea were not the team they are today. I know what it was/is like to witness small teams become big and big teams become small.

I come from Gillingham and over the years they have fallen down the league and now a top League 2 starting to become an average on. When back at the year 2000 they were a team pushing for Premier League promotion until they lost there best players.

I don't know how much older or younger you are than me, but at least I have seen a team rise up in Chelsea than one like Man Utd or Liverpool stay at the top!

I've supported Chelsea since I was able to comprehend what football was way back in 1995 when I was 3. And I am pretty sure back then Chelsea were not the team they are today. I know what it was/is like to witness small teams become big and big teams become small.

I come from Gillingham and over the years they have fallen down the league and now a top League 2 starting to become an average on. When back at the year 2000 they were a team pushing for Premier League promotion until they lost there best players.

I don't know how much older or younger you are than me, but at least I have seen a team rise up in Chelsea than one like Man Utd or Liverpool stay at the top!

I accept people who supported a big team since they were in the 90's or earlier, but people who support teams just because they are good disappoints me.

See, I supported Chelsea when I was 6. I was watching them play Arsenal in the Champions League. The first year I supported them was the first year Abramovich was owner. You can't say I supported them as they had loads of money as only 6 then and I didn't know a thing!

See, I supported Chelsea when I was 6. I was watching them play Arsenal in the Champions League. The first year I supported them was the first year Abramovich was owner. You can't say I supported them as they had loads of money as only 6 then and I didn't know a thing!

Don't think I'm blaming anyone, but I mean people who supported a team when they are for example 3, but then changed to example Man United because they are good.

The Begining of the Start?

From Englands 1-0 win over reigning World and European Champions Spain does any think that were not actually a bad country for football?

We defended very well the other night Scott Parker put himself out, the center halfes played decent. But weather if this game was in a World Cup Semi-Final i think it would of been a different story.

The Classic Center Half

With Barcelona having a 5ft 9inc center midfielder Javier Mascherano playing as center half for barcelona and trying to fit in with Barca's passing play, it seems the top premier league teams are trying that now. In Spain that would be ok because Spain is a less physcial league than the Premier League and i dont think Mascherano would have kepp hold of Drogba in a game so in a premier league game when youve got to defend againt the likes of Rooney, Drogba, Saha, Jones etc. Thats why the 'Top 4' are conceding to much (e.g. Arsenal try to play there center halfes like so)

Don't think I'm blaming anyone, but I mean people who supported a team when they are for example 3, but then changed to example Man United because they are good.

I don't think you are I'm just saying when I supported Chelsea :)

If money wasn't in Football. Man United and Man City wouldn't be first. Wigan would because of their brilliant youth academy.

2ugpbua.jpg

Pwnage FM style :cool:

Wigan with the best youth system. Man City and West Ham are the ones who didn't have money (at least I don't think West Ham did seen as they finished 15th in the 2000/01 season) and were producing good players. Well Man City had just started whereas West Ham had for a few years. And you can't say that Man City are at the top just because of the money. There were many teams in the Prem that were there longer than us and we still got recognised by Sheikh Mansour that we were a team worth buying and building up. I didn't see him looking at teams like Bolton who had been there longer. Also the summer we got bought out we had been in a Champions League spot till the new year but bad form meant a decline and back then Aston Villa, Everton, Blackburn and Portsmouth were all sniffing round 5th place as well. The majority of players we have used over the year we had anyway. Hart, Petrov, Caicedo, Garrido, Elano, Fernandes, Richards, Kompany, Shaun Wright Phillips, Zabaleta, Ireland and Jo were all bought before the takeover.

I'm not saying we'd be where we are now if they hadn't took over but we certainly would be in the top 10.

and by saying "So those blah, blah, blah...." sounds like you're claiming none of us have always been supporters and that we change willy nilly. Well I don't know about the others but I certainly don't. I remember the days of being lifted over the turnstiles and kicking the seat of the old man in front when we missed/conceded and sitting in the pub waiting for the bus to come and take us to games. So don't go round thinking that just because we are in a better position than you that us supporters haven't always been the heart and soul of the club.

It is a bad thing that Sky pumped in so much money as it has created a gulf between the Prem and Championship I'll admit it but without it the Premier League would not be the league everyone wants to play in. It'd be Germany or something. Spain has too much team influence and Italy has been a dying league whilst France just is not supported in the country for it to be enough elsewhere.

This is so ridiculous. Money pays the best players, and that is it. Even Barça, that has a great youth system, would not be able to keep Messi & co. without cash. Instead of moaning that some clubs got it easy, you should complain to your board of directors for being incompetent.