Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

We can still get Europe this season ;)

Also Stuart Pearce will probably be the temporary replacement, and as Jose is resigning from Madrid at the end of the season you never know.

Jose wants to manage us.

Any Man United fan, including myself would love him to manage us. But as long as Fergie's still managing us, he wont. He may just go back to Chelsea if AVB doesn't win Champions League. But then if Real Madrid don't win it, Jose screwed as well.

Mourinho has said before he would be intrested in the England job in future despite rejecting it when approached before Capello came in.

I have to say it is ridiculous what the FA has done and an act to keep the media happy, yet didn't consider the fact they are undermining a manager whom has an impressive win rate - the best for a long time.

I can understand what Capello did and while I feel he shouldn't have been so public about everything the backing of Terry was right, he wasn't proven guilty so why demote him? That's jumping the gun and again playing to the peer pressure that the media gave.

As for the whole media I feel this situation has produced some of the worst written pieces on football I've seen. The whole English manager is clouded with xenophobia and the fact there are only 3 managers in the Premier League that are English and only one being notable proves how England aren't good at producing managers at this time, both Sven and Capello boasted very impressive statistics for England yet the media constantly bring them down quite unfairly when considering a lot of problems related to the team are brought on by them.

The whole "England crumbled in South Africa" viewpoint in order to slate Capello is unjust seeing as the problems - Terry and Bridge, Green fumble and even the Germany game were out of the manager's hands. Ok I am not saying he got tactics spot on but, if Lampard's goal counted the game against Germany could have been very different yet luck wasn't on England's side.

I would much rather Hiddink (a veteran at international level) than someone like Stuart Pearce. I bet if we won the World Cup with Capello we wouldn't have cared if he was Italian, English or bloody alien as he would be heralded a hero so what changes now? Nothing and it is just the media's pressure, idealism and xenophobia trying to dictate the FA into a decision they may regret seeing as the fact they forget about McClaren so easily.

Even though I am not English (Thank god for that :lol:) I agree with Dec the last English manager Mc Laren didn't even make the Euros. At least Sven and Capello got you there. I think Hiddink should take it even though I want him to go to Chelsea.

Before the discussion starts i just want to say i'm not fussed, niether team played well in truth and we just couldnt get our passing game started.

I'll do as United fans did after the FA cup match and moan our best player was missing, and arguably Lucas replacement Spearing cost us the match, it also didnt help that our star striker was unfairly not match fit.

Also Rio could have seen red which would have changed the match but all in all we had a poor 5 mins and it cost us.

I'm not too bothered because we'll still win more trophies than United this year!

Firstly, wasn't a great match. Neither team looked very good.

Suarez well done, for making it even more heated. Yes Rio ignored him, but if you look it was clearly after the prat had ignored Evra.

Evra's challeng after a minute was hilarious! XD Rio got the ball. They clearly showed it on Sky. His reaction was a picture! Then his antics at half time were ridicoulous. 2 goals were good finishes. Suarez nicks one back sloppy at the back. and the this final whistle aggro. Evra clearly ignored the Liverpool fans so what is the problem? And then Liverpool shining themselves in glory once again.

UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE UNITED UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Oh and Ash really? So we're top of the league-albeit city game in hand. And in Europa League.

Your in the Carling Cup Final-MASSIVE COMPETITION and the 5th Round of the Cup. Your not guarranteed to win either.

Johnson's positioning for both goals was terrible :lol:

Ferdinand won the ball and so he shouldn't have been sent off.

Finally abit of common sense from a Liverpool fan! It was about time we got a result against you lot. ;)

He wasnt celebrating to the LFC fans he was doing it infront of Suarez to get a reaction, and sky have just said they can't make there minds up if its a foul or not, + who'd trust there opinion on the matter anyway since there 2/3 united fans/players.

I wouldnt shake someones hand i dont like or respect so i truely stand behind Suarez decsion not to just like i did when Bridge refused.

Love the way your belittling the Carling cup yet defending the the Europa league like its the world cup lol,

He wasnt celebrating to the LFC fans he was doing it infront of Suarez to get a reaction, and sky have just said they can't make there minds up if its a foul or not, + who'd trust there opinion on the matter anyway since there 2/3 united fans/players.

I wouldnt shake someones hand i dont like or respect so i truely stand behind Suarez decsion not to just like i did when Bridge refused.

Love the way your belittling the Carling cup yet defending the the Europa league like its the world cup lol,

Now Mr Dec had a go at me a week or so back for being bias. Nice to see we've all got the message. The fact that Evra was IN FRONT of Suarez. And yep not asif Redknapp had any connection with you is it? Oh wait. So you stand by Suarez for not shaking his hand, do you stand by him for throwing his dummies out of the pram and then kicking the ball away?

And Oh god yeh. Play the kids in Europe. Of course it's tiny. But so is the Carling Cup.

How is it biased? I try to speak on a level playing field and i agree Suarez should have shaked his hand but i respect why he didnt. Are you still watching sky since there still talking about how out of order Evra was.

Jayze the way you said about Liverpoolcompetitions let's look at the comparison

League:currently going to finish second

F.A. Cup: put out by Liverpool

Carling cup:put out by Palace

Champions league:Out of a group made up of 3 fairly weak teams

Europa league: Shamrock Rovers were in it nuff said

Look at the teams who are in the Carling cup and Europa league at the start of the season, both good trophies to win imo.

Agreed a cup is a cup

Don't agree with Rooney as man of the match, I'd have given it Valencia.

I also agree with that, i thought Rooney was rather poor/average apart from his goals.

I thought Suarez showed good effort!

Suarez and Evra both in the wrong, Suarez should've shook his hand and Evra shouldn't have celebrated the way he did. Good game though and Carroll was so shocking.