Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

On the MOTD one I voted for Coutinho as it's an amazing strike and everyone loves a powerful shot off the bar, second would be Zamora with Adam third.

It's just the silliness of our transfers, I have no idea if we had interest before the WC but it seemed as the second he scored we wanted him and went all out for him and Rodgers called him "world class" or that he would be, pressure much?

We sign a shit RB on a two year loan and boot Wisdom out the club, we're seen to be forcing Lucas and Skrtel out, Gerrard could have stayed, Sterling has been massively miss handled. Instead of buying a proving LB like Bertrand we splash the cash on a LB that can't defend, we've spent hundreds of million on CBs yet we force Agger out yet he'd walk into our team now, hell he'd even walk into any of the top sides teams and worst of all he was our best ball player! We concede a bucket load last year and witness Mignolet being next to useless yet we keep him and moan when we realise he's average. We spend 20 odd mill on Lallana when we have Coutinho and we needed Morgan more, we spend a fortune on Markovic even though we have Sterling and Ibe who is rated higher within the club apparently and with Ojo coming through.

I think we had a decent season considering everything and it could have been different if Sturridge was fit, Balo worked or if we signed another striker but I'm massively frustrated at the mess we've caused this year. Everything from the signings, the sales, the team selections and the way we've handled the media has been a complete joke. Even when we went on that run I never fault like we were playing well and we were lucky in a number of those games but when it counted just like last season we crumbled.

It wasn't that long ago that under Rafa we were going places and winning things, then H+G screwed him over and we've been falling ever since, we had deals lined up for Silva and Villa but the owners pulled the plug and forced Rafa out.

It's going to be an interesting summer that's for sure.

Summed Liverpool's season up perfectly. Nothing else to say...

It's just the silliness of our transfers, I have no idea if we had interest before the WC but it seemed as the second he scored we wanted him and went all out for him and Rodgers called him "world class" or that he would be, pressure much?

We sign a shit RB on a two year loan and boot Wisdom out the club, we're seen to be forcing Lucas and Skrtel out, Gerrard could have stayed, Sterling has been massively miss handled. Instead of buying a proving LB like Bertrand we splash the cash on a LB that can't defend, we've spent hundreds of million on CBs yet we force Agger out yet he'd walk into our team now, hell he'd even walk into any of the top sides teams and worst of all he was our best ball player! We concede a bucket load last year and witness Mignolet being next to useless yet we keep him and moan when we realise he's average. We spend 20 odd mill on Lallana when we have Coutinho and we needed Morgan more, we spend a fortune on Markovic even though we have Sterling and Ibe who is rated higher within the club apparently and with Ojo coming through.

I think we had a decent season considering everything and it could have been different if Sturridge was fit, Balo worked or if we signed another striker but I'm massively frustrated at the mess we've caused this year. Everything from the signings, the sales, the team selections and the way we've handled the media has been a complete joke. Even when we went on that run I never fault like we were playing well and we were lucky in a number of those games but when it counted just like last season we crumbled.

It wasn't that long ago that under Rafa we were going places and winning things, then H+G screwed him over and we've been falling ever since, we had deals lined up for Silva and Villa but the owners pulled the plug and forced Rafa out.

It's going to be an interesting summer that's for sure.

Summed Liverpool's season up perfectly. Nothing else to say...
He is supposed to be correct, he is a die hard LFC fan ;)

Your all missing the big picture.. Nigel Clough was sacked by Sheffield United..  :lol:

I love league one..

Haha dick is always looking for ways to get some extra cash...on sunday he was saying that he wanted to go to belgium....

Negotiation tactics +10[emoji38]

Haha dick is always looking for ways to get some extra cash...on sunday he was saying that he wanted to go to belgium....Negotiation tactics +10[emoji38]

Apparently he's been given most of the club's funds :P

Not one to moan about fixtures but our first seven away games are awful

Stoke

Arsenal

United

Everton

Spurs

Chelsea

City

Yes all major Bournemouth home games have missed the Christmas break!

What's the Bournemouth season ticket prices like out of interest?

Not too bad, due to being at Uni though it isn't worth it for me. Full time students get games at £19 each, bargain.

Yes all major Bournemouth home games have missed the Christmas break!

What's the Bournemouth season ticket prices like out of interest?

Not too bad, due to being at Uni though it isn't worth it for me. Full time students get games at £19 each, bargain.
Had to ask is there any increment in the prices or they are the same as they got promoted?

Bournemouth season tickets have gone up slightly as you would expect. £420 - £600 for an adult depending where you sit.

If you didn't have a season ticket last year then there is no way on earth that you will get one this season (same applied last year in the Championship).

To even buy a one off ticket it is hard. You earn points from seeing previous matches and tickets are only passed down to lesser mortals if they are not sold.

Bournemouth season tickets have gone up slightly as you would expect. £420 - £600 for an adult depending where you sit.

If you didn't have a season ticket last year then there is no way on earth that you will get one this season (same applied last year in the Championship).

To even buy a one off ticket it is hard. You earn points from seeing previous matches and tickets are only passed down to lesser mortals if they are not sold.

Thanks Billy :)

No worries.

Just realised my post wasn't clear. It hasn't gone up from £420 to £600, that is the price of this years which is a slight increase from last which you would expect.

Still great value as our stadium will only seat about 10,500 fans (a few lost seats for security and media). I think they could have gotten away with charging a bit extra especially as they have decided against increasing capacity.

I laugh to myself that there aren't enough seats for fans nowadays. If someone said that to me when I was one of only 3000 fans in a half empty stadium, I would have thought you were crazy.

English Community Shield

Don't know about anyone else but this has really snuck up on me. Kicks off tomorrow (Sunday 2nd August). 

Possibly because it's only on BT sport so not heavily advertised or I missed it because of getting older and having family commitments. Whatever the reason, tomorrow marks the beginning of the English season. 

Predictions then peeps. I can't see anything other than a Chelsea win myself. 

Don't worry Billy it snuck up on me too! I dunno why as I know the league starts next week lol. 

I thought City last year so I'll say Arsenal :P

Anyone brave enough to predict the table?

1. Chelsea
  2. Manchester City
  3. Manchester United
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Southampton
  9. Stoke
  10. Swansea
  11. West Ham
  12. Crystal Palace
  13. West Brom
  14. Newcastle
  15. Sunderland
  16. Norwich
  17. Aston Villa
  18. Leicester
  19. Bournemouth
  20. Watford

1. chelsea

2. man u

3. arsenal

4. man c

5. southampton

6. liverpool

7. west ham

8. spurs

9. stoke

10. crystal palace

11. everton

12. swansea

13. newcastle

14.Sunderland

15. west brom

16. watford

17. Leicester 

18. aston villa

19. Bournemouth 

20. Norwich 

Thanks for the link Ashez.

This feature is brilliant and I know the right person to share it with - a gunner girl.