Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Few of our finest quality buses parked today, worked well for the first time in the history of the club

Biggest surprise today was that was Cattermole's first :red: since 2013!

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

What a knob! Is he popular at Sunderland? He has been their forever so I guess the fans must like him.

50/50, I like him but think his time to go is the end of this season

Liverpool are a disgrace (morning Ash;))

It's easy to peak for individual games and play at 100% vs Man City but that is exactly why this once great team is and will continue to be an 'also ran'. To win leagues and trophies you have to perform at 90% in each and every game, sometimes that will mean winning 4-0 and other times it will mean grinding out 1-0s. What is consistent is the effort put into each game. 

Playing at full throttle in one game and then dropping your performance so much that you lose to the bottom team in the league the very next game can not be acceptable. To cement the point Liverpool then proceed to be dumped out of the FA Cup in only the 4th round. 

I am from a generation when Liverpool dominated the domestic game as well as being the giant on the European scene. Winning wasn't enough, the performance week in week out was what really grabbed spectators and made the opposing team scared before they even took to the pitch. 

West Brom da da da da da da ,

oh Swansea Swansea

You sold Coutinho 

Now you're  s4it again.....

Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting, embarrassing, whatever adjective I can come up with doesn't do justice to this current situation. There was so much anger around that stadium today, for the first time in my living memory the atmosphere was completely toxic as all the frustration has just turned to pure anger. Sick to death of shitty tinpot joke clubs like Brentford strolling in and giving it large in the away end with the Is this a library and You're fucking shit chants but now it's just reverted to becoming the norm.

The players are shambolic absolutely no skill but on top of that no passion, desire or heart anywhere on that pitch which is all that matters. I don't give a flying fuck if the players aren't good enough, as long as they give 100% every game they'll receive some of the best support in the county but no talent with no passion results in this situation. Too many loan players who don't know anything about what the club means to the supporters. Nothing we can do about that with no budget though. Coleman must feel like a workman who has faulty tools or worse can't even get into his toolbox.

Jack Rodwell can fuck off as well refusing to play for the club or whatever he's said, agree to terminate your contract if you don't want to be here. Average yearly wage up here is what £25K yet Rodwell receives £75K a week for sitting on his arse chatting shit about the club. Maybe if you weren't a shit, invisible donkey on the pitch we might have got some offers or money for him. 

But money doesn't matter as we can't spend it thanks to the spiralling financial mess Ellis Short has us in, don't worry mate keep going like this and we'll be straight through League 1 as well and playing bloody Spennymoor in a league match, then you might get a quid for a club you could have sold for whatever you wanted when it was in the Premier League to someone who actually cared about football or knew anything about it.

I miss the days when we were shit. Shit is too polite a word for this current crop of useless cunts. Billy Jones is an absolute wanker. O'Shite needs to be the calming influential presence but it's just not there and he turns like a double decker bus. Browning has become a liability after a decent start. Honeyman possesses no footballing skills whatsoever, Cattermole has lost whatever he had and Ashley Fletcher is just a fucking turnip.

I've missed 4 games all season, been to every single other one and what's my reward going to be? Fleetwood away next season? Can't wait

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting, embarrassing, whatever adjective I can come up with doesn't do justice to this current situation. There was so much anger around that stadium today, for the first time in my living memory the atmosphere was completely toxic as all the frustration has just turned to pure anger. Sick to death of shitty tinpot joke clubs like Brentford strolling in and giving it large in the away end with the Is this a library and You're fucking shit chants but now it's just reverted to becoming the norm.

The players are shambolic absolutely no skill but on top of that no passion, desire or heart anywhere on that pitch which is all that matters. I don't give a flying fuck if the players aren't good enough, as long as they give 100% every game they'll receive some of the best support in the county but no talent with no passion results in this situation. Too many loan players who don't know anything about what the club means to the supporters. Nothing we can do about that with no budget though. Coleman must feel like a workman who has faulty tools or worse can't even get into his toolbox.

Jack Rodwell can fuck off as well refusing to play for the club or whatever he's said, agree to terminate your contract if you don't want to be here. Average yearly wage up here is what £25K yet Rodwell receives £75K a week for sitting on his arse chatting shit about the club. Maybe if you weren't a shit, invisible donkey on the pitch we might have got some offers or money for him. 

But money doesn't matter as we can't spend it thanks to the spiralling financial mess Ellis Short has us in, don't worry mate keep going like this and we'll be straight through League 1 as well and playing bloody Spennymoor in a league match, then you might get a quid for a club you could have sold for whatever you wanted when it was in the Premier League to someone who actually cared about football or knew anything about it.

I miss the days when we were shit. Shit is too polite a word for this current crop of useless cunts. Billy Jones is an absolute wanker. O'Shite needs to be the calming influential presence but it's just not there and he turns like a double decker bus. Browning has become a liability after a decent start. Honeyman possesses no footballing skills whatsoever, Cattermole has lost whatever he had and Ashley Fletcher is just a fucking turnip.

I've missed 4 games all season, been to every single other one and what's my reward going to be? Fleetwood away next season? Can't wait

Looks like the sun don't shine in Sunderland. 

On 17/02/2018 at 20:11, samhardy said:

Oh dear....it sounds alot worse than i thought.

We hav all been there dude, if it wasnt for Keegan we would of gone done to the 3rd tier in 92.

Someone will come along and sort you out, when.... god knows.

I suppose we can talk about the National Side here, what did we all think about the game on Friday?

For me it was very up and down. I think Southgate's new shape worked well at times but in the final third we seem flat. The build up is tremendous, Chaimberlain was class and I think that move to Merseyside has really helped him discover himself, his work on and off the ball was really good. Sterling was quiet but Rashford seems to fluctuate between brilliance and not having a clue. 

I think it's a positive step forward, though we need to sort out our attacking fragilities. 

Pickford was very good too. I love how he plays with the ball at his feet and for me he should start in net in Russia. 

10 hours ago, samhardy said:

Just made me look forward to Oxford away even more now

At least we won't feel any guilt beating you now.

You'll be back in a few years. Former Premier League sides usually suffer some vertigo when they go down (us, Villa and Sunderland).

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

For a short amount of time this summer Djilibodji, Khazri and Fabio Borini will technically be League One footballers

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh Sunderland. 

Seriously......Some of this Newcastle squad need to be gone come the summer!!

Absolute toss! 17 shots and only 2 on target! 

West Brom were shite and so were we!!!

Good job were are already safe....they have all gone on holiday already!

Absolutely groundbreaking day didn't see it coming at all. Delighted to see the back of Short however he must have felt some remorse as paying off £110M pounds in debt is crazy. Now we have potential as a club again instead of being a dead club walking and we have a right to be excited for the first time in years. Of course it could still go the other way but nothing could be worse than where things were at before. Beyond relieved at this and even better that it came so early so we have a full summer before next season.

I do feel sorry for Coleman as he's been treated like shit, never spoken to the owner the whole time he's been here which has surely never happened in football history and gave everything he had with next to no resources. There must be a clear plan in place from the new owners to do this now and a plan is something we haven't had in years. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

New manager wise I have a feeling Mick McCarthy who I'd take right now or Michael Appleton who was at Oxford the same time as this guy taking over