Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Absolutely groundbreaking day didn't see it coming at all. Delighted to see the back of Short however he must have felt some remorse as paying off £110M pounds in debt is crazy. Now we have potential as a club again instead of being a dead club walking and we have a right to be excited for the first time in years. Of course it could still go the other way but nothing could be worse than where things were at before. Beyond relieved at this and even better that it came so early so we have a full summer before next season.

I do feel sorry for Coleman as he's been treated like shit, never spoken to the owner the whole time he's been here which has surely never happened in football history and gave everything he had with next to no resources. There must be a clear plan in place from the new owners to do this now and a plan is something we haven't had in years. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

New manager wise I have a feeling Mick McCarthy who I'd take right now or Michael Appleton who was at Oxford the same time as this guy taking over

Appleton would be a great shout as he knows League one well. I don't know how much Stewart Donald had to do with Appleton's appointment at Oxford as Appleton was mates with our chairman at the time as they knew each other when they where at WBA. The reason Donald stopped investing in Oxford was because he wasn't allowed more involvement in the running of the club so he went and bought Eastleigh instead.

Hopefully he can sort it out at Sunderland and having the dept cleared has to help with that and then the black cats can finish 2nd behind us next season.

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Chris Wilder favourite now @Foxy. Oxford links all over the place!

Do you think he will drop down a division though? 

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

Do you think he will drop down a division though? 

He's fell out with the board apparently and is mates with our new owner who has him down as his first choice. We'll see I guess!

16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

He's fell out with the board apparently and is mates with our new owner who has him down as his first choice. We'll see I guess!

Seems fate is having its way then.

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Chris Wilder favourite now @Foxy. Oxford links all over the place!

I would go with Appleton myself who is favourite with a few bookies over Wilder although you can't argue with Wilder's record over the last couple of years and the job he did for awhile at Oxford. Just think Appleton will do a good job if given the chance and with a better style of football although I am a little biased I guess.  

Big day of football today so lets have some predictions.

Play-off final I'm going to go with the experience of Bruce, Terry and Villa but it may need extra time or penalties.

Champions League final I have a feeling that it may be a game too far for this Real Madrid team and the attacking threat that Liverpool pose will win the day for them.

I think Mane will be the key but I can't predict a score lol, I just hope we blitz them when we have our good spell. My worst nightmare is a reverse Istanbul lol

6 minutes ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Five more minutes...

A thoroughly deserved promotion! Much prefer Fulham going up that the abomination of a football club that is Aston Villa.

And that's one more reason to get FMM2019,  just my second FMM game with Fulham in the Premier League!

Everyone contributed to this success, from squad players like Neeskens Kebano to January loans like Mitrovic and Targett. I'm tired, but I'll go to bed happy.

Edited by Seth Anacondas
17 hours ago, samhardy said:

A thoroughly deserved promotion! Much prefer Fulham going up that the abomination of a football club that is Aston Villa.

Gillingham, Doncaster, Fleetwood, some cracking games you got lined up for next season 😂 😂 

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Gillingham, Doncaster, Fleetwood, some cracking games you got lined up for next season 😂 😂 

You missed out Oxford with our three sided stadium next to the sewage works and the mighty Accrington Stanley.

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I forgot you supported Villa. Even more reason to be delighted they blew it 😂

15 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I forgot you supported Villa.

Says the man who remembers the vaguest of details to reason a piss on another man's suffering. "You forgot" my arse! 😂 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Cracking set piece that!

Just seen it on Twitter. Straight from the training ground that one 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

At least you didnt go this time.

Thunder storm here which cut off sky so missed a lot of extra time, or I would have but I put it on Sky Go. I bet those in pubs aren't happy lol. 

Shrewsbury didn't play well at all so I have no complaints but it's obviously disappointing. Unfortunately the atmosphere appeared just as dead as the cup final lol. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thunder storm here which cut off sky so missed a lot of extra time, or I would have but I put it on Sky Go. I bet those in pubs aren't happy lol. 

Shrewsbury didn't play well at all so I have no complaints but it's obviously disappointing. Unfortunately the atmosphere appeared just as dead as the cup final lol. 

Manager is off to Ipswich in the summer by the sounds of it as well but at least you can welcome @samhardy to Shrewsbury next year.

On 27/05/2018 at 18:19, samhardy said:

Everyone knows League 1 is where it's at. Well it is on vibe anyway.

Your new chief exec is it...that nob jockey that is Mr Methven saying that Newcastle are arrogant! 

Is he just trying to kiss alot of arses up at the stadium of light or what?

I have nothing against Sunderland to be honest, i would prefer to have them in the prem with us but god he is a total prat!

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Your new chief exec is it...that nob jockey that is Mr Methven saying that Newcastle are arrogant! 

Is he just trying to kiss alot of arses up at the stadium of light or what?

I have nothing against Sunderland to be honest, i would prefer to have them in the prem with us but god he is a total prat!

Newcastle are an arrogant club imo, not quite as bad as West Ham in the sense of ‘entitlement’ but most Newcastle fans have unrealistic expectations about what’s realistically achievable. This is the general consensus of fans of quite a few clubs throughout England in my experience of travelling as well especially down south, so Methven’s views didn’t surprise me at all. I personally think him and Donald have had excellent first weeks in the job, answered everything thrown at them and delivered on what they’ve said so far but obviously that’s only short term and they’ll be judged on how they transform the club over the next few years and beyond. For now though bringing the excitement back to the club and its fans is the best start they could have hoped for.