Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

39 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Bradford today after a horrible error from McClaughlin. Ball clearly over the line but no goal given!

Would never have happened in the Welsh Prem

added 0 minutes later

Probably because they couldn’t spell VAR let alone use it 

16 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Surprised at City. Thought they’d win today having lost at home on weedend. 

That means they’ve lost twice in a row now

13 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah just 6 points I suppose but they look gone for me. 

6 points is two wins. If they can get 5 points from their next two matches they’ll be fine imo

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

6 points is two wins. If they can get 5 points from their next two matches they’ll be fine imo

It they can manage to get 5 from their next 2 matches then fair play to them

9 minutes ago, 1759 said:

It they can manage to get 5 from their next 2 matches then fair play to them

That would be some achievement 

When is Fernandinho back? He's the key and has been for the last two years, just like Kante was and how I hope Fabinho develops even if I'd say our Kante player (as in importance) is VVD. 

If we play City without Fernandinho our chances shoot up imo, however they'll head into that game knowing they need to win it. Arsenal than City back to back will be tough but 4-6 points should be enough to keep us ticking. If we get six and win both that's some opportunity! 

If we do pull a decent lead like 10 points which is a possibility I'd strongly consider sacking off the CL and going all in on the title, it's something I hate to say but a title would be massive for us. How we approach the window will also be interesting

I'm not writing off Spurs though as while they're historically shakey they're heading into a new stadium with a load of home fixtures due to many being away so far, they've gone under the radar but have been quietly consistent. 

VVD, Kane and Fernandinho's fitness will be one of the deciders in the coming months I think. 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

When is Fernandinho back?

I’m not sure. It’s supposedly just a minor injury though so can’t see it being too long. I’ve just been saying the same thing about his importance.

I think if we could get a 10 point lead then I’d really fancy us to do it and I’d definitely use the squad for the fa cup and the champions league games. 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Arsenal than City back to back will be tough but 4-6 points should be enough to keep us ticking. If we get six and win both that's some opportunity!

I feel we really need to be beating Arsenal and then if we can get something at City then fantastic but even a defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world and it would be two hard games ticked off. 

I think spurs have done great and to keep challenging at the top year on year whilst not spending is impressive. 

6 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I feel we really need to be beating Arsenal and then if we can get something at City then fantastic but even a defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world and it would be two hard games ticked off. 

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

I think spurs have done great and to keep challenging at the top year on year whilst not spending is impressive. 

We didn’t spend as we didn’t need to spend. Poch improves players (exhibit A: Sissoko), which is why he is the best manager in the world and I will be gutted if he leaves us for United (or anyone else for that matter).

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

We didn’t spend as we didn’t need to spend. Poch improves players (exhibit A: Sissoko), which is why he is the best manager in the world and I will be gutted if he leaves us for United (or anyone else for that matter).

He does seem quite loyal though and although everyone seems to think he will be going to united or real I’m still not convinced. I reckon he wants to stay at spurs but I feel that he does want a bit more cash to take the team to the next level.

They might be able to come to some agreement and make slightly more funds available. I know they’ve had to finance the new ground but they are getting top four every year and if they took a slight risk in spending a bit I can’t see poch making a mess of it and wasting the money. 

Problem is we (Spurs) are at a point where only the top class players will improve us and those kind of players will always join the top, top clubs and not us.

I see what you mean but don’t rule out style of play as something to attract players. I can see plenty of players wanting to play in this spurs team.

Be interesting to see what happpens thats for sure. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Poch improves players

My only hesitation with Poch is he signs poorly, or I think he has at Spurs anyway. The ones that have worked have big time tbf but there is an awful lot of dross in there and some of the fees paid are mental. It reminds me of Rafa a little actually. 

56 minutes ago, Rob said:

top class players will improve us

I think this could be the reason though tbf, but that doesn't explain the daft fees paid. 

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

to take the team to the next level.

This is where I think the problems lie at Spurs as how do you do that? Their starting XI is solid so who'd you improve? The squad is top quality but slightly under world class yet where would you add that class? Like in attack who could you drop and improve upon? CM maybe then defensively they're okay but may be lacking fullbacks (I don't rate any of them tbh). 

Say if Spurs got Salah instead of wasting 30m on Sissoko they'd reach that next level but I'll be the first to admit we got lucky with Salah. I'd say the main difference they lack which we have is pace, as their attack isn't the quickest and Moura is a motd player imo. 

Now that attending every one of their rivals' matches isn't enough here's something else to add to the completely normal things Newcastle fans have done this season. Creating a joint flag with our opposition for today and at least 50+ mags joining Shrewsbury fans in the away end 😂

DviKY8HXgAIXhtu?format=jpg&name=900x900

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Now that attending every one of their rivals' matches isn't enough here's something else to add to the completely normal things Newcastle fans have done this season. Creating a joint flag with our opposition for today and at least 50+ mags joining Shrewsbury fans in the away end 😂

DviKY8HXgAIXhtu?format=jpg&name=900x900

It’s embarrassing that. I mean why bother going to all that fuss

2 hours ago, Westside said:

1-0 up to 5-1 down, good old Arsenal. 

Mane/Salah/Firmino what a combination.

Yeah and the goal Arsenal got was a Liverpool mistake like nearly all of the goals we’ve conceded this season. I’m wondering if this passing the ball to the opposition in defence is a ploy of ours to egg the opposition on to attack us. 

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Since when is kicking Someone in the head not a penalty?

Agreed it should have been a penalty. Not the first time we’ve seen them not given and it certainly won’t be the last in my opinion

Taking my Spurs hat off for a second, Pogba was immense today. Weak opposition admittedly but he ran the show brilliantly.

On a side note, what a bit of skill by Rashford. I love his progress this season.