Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Taking my Spurs hat off for a second, Pogba was immense today. Weak opposition admittedly but he ran the show brilliantly.

On a side note, what a bit of skill by Rashford. I love his progress this season.

He was immense. It’s a shame he stopped running for Mourinho and I fear he’ll stop running for the next manager if it ever comes down to them falling out. We’ve had an easy run of games admittedly, but at the end of the day you can only play what’s in front of you and they’ve played their best football all season in those three games

This current Man Utd squad sums up everything that is wrong with modern footballers and frankly they are a fucking disgrace! It shouldn’t matter how you feel about your manager the least you can do is give 100% for the club that currently pays your wages and you shouldn’t need some new guy to come in and give you a cuddle to make you put the effort in.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

This current Man Utd squad sums up everything that is wrong with modern footballers and frankly they are a fucking disgrace! It shouldn’t matter how you feel about your manager the least you can do is give 100% for the club that currently pays your wages and you shouldn’t need some new guy to come in and give you a cuddle to make you put the effort in.

Agreed in a sense. I do believe that it’s hard for players like Pogba to do well however, when he’s being asked to play in a defensive role, he had him at CB at one point this season. And what of the players that consistently gave 100%? He threw them under the bus time and time again. 

Doesn’t only happen at United either, happens at every club occasionally. The thing is, once the manager loses the dressing room there’s no going back from it. End of the day that’s how football is these days, just so happens that when it’s at United it’s breaking news constantly

I’ve had a few off days at work in the past where my boss was a dick to me to protect himself. Those days I didn’t feel like putting in 100% effort at work 😛

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Agreed in a sense. I do believe that it’s hard for players like Pogba to do well however, when he’s being asked to play in a defensive role, he had him at CB at one point this season. And what of the players that consistently gave 100%? He threw them under the bus time and time again. 

That's why you buy football players and not brands, you knew the baggage coming with him and you fed the monster. Jose has lost it but Pogba had 90% the power because your club has put him above the team. United have just shown Pogba and any other player they're in charge, if anything his recent displays have given him more power. 

Totally agree with @Ashez on the club above the team thing.

My theory with signings has always been: buy someone for whom who your club is regarded as a step-up. There are cases where a player has lost their way at a bigger club and stepped down for first team opportunities, but even then I would consider that a step-up from, essentially, a reserve team. 

United just wanted to throw their weight around and make the deal happen, you could even argue they've wasted millions on Fred/Sanchez just to spite City as they aren't players United needed. 

You can't just throw money and names at the problem, look at us we've spent a fortune but look how well we've bought. We've signed arguably the best keeper and CB in the division while United spent loads on unproven players from Portugal most reporters said weren't ready for the step up yet. 

United have wasted so much money on dross or positions that they didn't need. Sanchez wages alone could cover 2 class defenders! 

Very enjoyable match, but one of fine margins. We hit the post and it's 11mm off a goal yet they hit it and it pings in. Kompany should have been sent off as well, I'll admit we weren't the best team yet things didn't go our way and I'd say we had the better chances. We had 3/4 goal mouth scrambles that easily could have found the net. 

Fernandinho was incredible btw. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Kompany should have been sent off as well

You’ve had your fair share of getting away with things this season 😛 these things even themselves out 😉

added 0 minutes later
3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Fernandinho was incredible btw.

Agreed!

Thought we were poor tbh although I don’t think things went our way either and got to give city players credit for putting such a shift in. They worked so hard but didn’t really create that much.  Still plenty of games to go but a lot will depend on how many games we have to endure lovren for and whether Fernandinho stays fit. 

added 0 minutes later

And of course Tottenham who are very much in it!

Hilarious thing is City ending the game looking a bit gutted that they didn’t get ten as if nine is rubbish.

Edited by Rob
4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hilarious thing is City ending the game looking a bit gutted that they didn’t get ten as if nine is rubbish.

Yeah it sometimes gets like that! Just shows in football it doesn’t matter what you achieve you always want more.

@Rob Whats you view on the stadium situation at Tottenham? 

I mean if I was a spurs fan I think I’d prefer if they just said look we won’t be going into the new stadium until next season. I’d prefer to start a new season in the new stadium than start halfway through a season.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

I mean if I was a spurs fan I think I’d prefer if they just said look we won’t be going into the new stadium until next season. I’d prefer to start a new season in the new stadium than start halfway through a season.

The press of getting there sooner is better, plus not having to keep farming out rental money to the FA, so I can see why they are moving as quick as possible. My main concern is how much it may have hit the club financially.

Talking about stadiums. Did anyone see all the City fans dressed as empty chairs tonight?! Fair fucking play to them, cracking banter that

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

The press of getting there sooner is better, plus not having to keep farming out rental money to the FA, so I can see why they are moving as quick as possible. My main concern is how much it may have hit the club financially.

Yeah I can see that side of it actually cos I can imagine you won’t have gotten a good deal from the fa! Just wanted a perspective from a spurs fan. It’ll have to be a good stadium to match the old white hart lane cos that was a cracking stadium with the fans so close to the action. 

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Talking about stadiums. Did anyone see all the City fans dressed as empty chairs tonight?! Fair fucking play to them, cracking banter that

Small club with money! But saying that maybe people can’t afford to go so don’t want to be too hard on them

Spurs shouldn't be allowed to move in this season anyway.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/new-tottenham-stadium-spurs-should-be-forced-to-play-at-wembley-for-rest-of-season-says-neil-warnock-a4028166.html

Agree with everything Warnock says here. Another good point he makes and gets ridiculed for yet if one of the "popular" managers said it the nation would cream themselves.

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Spurs shouldn't be allowed to move in this season anyway.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/new-tottenham-stadium-spurs-should-be-forced-to-play-at-wembley-for-rest-of-season-says-neil-warnock-a4028166.html

Agree with everything Warnock says here. Another good point he makes and gets ridiculed for yet if one of the "popular" managers said it the nation would cream themselves.

Yeah can’t argue with anything he’s said there. The big thing in all this for me is why the stadium has taken so much longer than expected. It was the same with Wembley although that took much longer. Not good for all concerned including spurs fans. 

Confirmation now that Maja is pissing his career away after a good half a season in League 1.

DxmZHEfWsAENrsC?format=jpg&name=small

We are now absolutely desperate for a striker and other clubs know that, we'll end up paying over the odds but whether it's Grigg or someone else their asking price needs to be paid. It's going to be the difference between promotion or not and paying more than what we need to this month has to be done as if we don't go up this season we're fucked.

Ive been a Newcastle fan for more than 30 years!! I have now come to the point where i dont give a shit whether we win, draw or lose!!

Just says alot about where my club has gone in the last 10 years!

We had 2 shots today....neither on target, disgusting against a side that changed its entire 1st 11!!!