Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

On 23/01/2019 at 15:11, samhardy said:

Confirmation now that Maja is pissing his career away after a good half a season in League 1.

DxmZHEfWsAENrsC?format=jpg&name=small

We are now absolutely desperate for a striker and other clubs know that, we'll end up paying over the odds but whether it's Grigg or someone else their asking price needs to be paid. It's going to be the difference between promotion or not and paying more than what we need to this month has to be done as if we don't go up this season we're fucked.

They must surely have somebody lined up now that he’s gone. It’s right what you say they need to spend a bit to try and get straight out of that league.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ive been a Newcastle fan for more than 30 years!! I have now come to the point where i dont give a shit whether we win, draw or lose!!

Just says alot about where my club has gone in the last 10 years!

We had 2 shots today....neither on target, disgusting against a side that changed its entire 1st 11!!!

Seen that before and 2 shots at home shouldn’t be acceptable against anybody. Did you make changes as well or was it your first team?

17 hours ago, Woody said:

A few but we should of done better....no focal point at all and nil creativity!

Yea I think everything that’s going on behind the scenes is bound to be having an effect on the players. Just need to try and stay in the prem and hope for a takeover I would say. 

Newcastle were brilliant tonight. They could easily have folded after the early goal but they stuck in! Just need to do this against teams in and around them now and they’ll be fine. 😀😀

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

This is the stuff of nightmares for Big Sam and Pulis.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-20-35-00_kindlephoto-37483058.png.1516d28b6d131d8b04cee315834d305d.png

It is shocking and frankly a disgrace that a professional manager can seemingly ignore such a vital part of the sport!

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

It is shocking and frankly a disgrace that a professional manager can seemingly ignore such a vital part of the sport!

Clearly a FMM fan 😂

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Shouldn't be allowed to take it in a million years.

I know it may sound silly, but he’d have been better off taking over at a bigger club. I can’t see what he’ll bring to a lower league side tbh. Saying that, I hope he does well! 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

I bet Jose is willing him to fail.

Guaranteed!!

I wonder how many youngsters United will send there on loan! Lampard and Gerrard have had a helping hand from their former clubs in that department iirc

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Aaron Ramsey on £400k per week at Juve!! WTF!

They seem to be offering ridiculous wages in Italy at the moment. I think Emre Can left Liverpool as we wouldn’t match their offer too.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

They seem to be offering ridiculous wages in Italy at the moment. I think Emre Can left Liverpool as we wouldn’t match their offer too.

Ramsey will only be available for about 2 weeks of the season anyway!

20 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Aaron Ramsey on £400k per week at Juve!! WTF!

It's madness, but it's why free transfers are never free. The player almost always gets inflated wages due to no transfer fee. 

15 minutes ago, 1759 said:

That and he wanted first team guaranteed apparently, I'm a big fan of Can but we've hardly missed him. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's madness, but it's why free transfers are never free. The player almost always gets inflated wages due to no transfer fee. 

That and he wanted first team guaranteed apparently, I'm a big fan of Can but we've hardly missed him. 

What’s Ramsey worth a week, £150k say, tops! So essentially Juventus are paying him £83.2m! for his four year contract. If he signed for what he’s worth which is £150k? They’d have paid £31.2m in wages over the four years. So really they’ve paid a transfer fee of £52m for an injury prone Aaron Ramsey. Madness!