Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

What’s Ramsey worth a week, £150k say, tops! So essentially Juventus are paying him £83.2m! for his four year contract. If he signed for what he’s worth which is £150k? They’d have paid £31.2m in wages over the four years. So really they’ve paid a transfer fee of £52m for an injury prone Aaron Ramsey. Madness!

110k at Arsenal apparently and he wanted £220k, ends up with £400k 😯

What an intense match that was! fantastic performance from the lads, a little unlucky at times but I’m glad we’ve got the win against a resilient Yeovil side 😛

Just now, Foxy said:

It’s a shame the North Gloucestershire league isn’t in FMM19 as I would have fancied this lads chances of a 2k tbh.

Size of that lads head! He’d score 2k with headers!

12 minutes ago, samhardy said:

So Leeds have been fined for breaking a rule that wasn't even there in the first place. Utter bollocks.

Absolute bollocks mate. Can’t do right for doing wrong these days!

Can’t believe I’m defending Leeds tbh 😂

Whilst I’m not sold on Sarri in general you can’t help but feel sorry for him here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player actually refuse to come off and get his way.

Tells you everything you need to know about a football club that is rotten to the core. Makes no odds that Kepa has made a save in the shoot out you should do what the manager wants you to.

Players have too much power as it is but Chelsea are simply on a different level.

It's the manager's fault not the keeper's. What player is going to want to come off in that situation. Sarri should have stood his ground and literally dragged him off the pitch if needs be.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It's the manager's fault not the keeper's. What player is going to want to come off in that situation. Sarri should have stood his ground and literally dragged him off the pitch if needs be.

I agree somewhat, Sarri bottled it but you have established players like Luiz talking to him and making no attempt to get him to leave. Where was the captain asking him to leave the field?

Completely undermined and embarrassed the manager and it's not the first time. 

Sarri shouldn't have given in in a million years. What an opportunity to make a statement and to regain his players' trust and he completely blew it. Forget who's right or wrong in a tactical sense, you represent your club and do as your manager tells you, period. 

As for captain Azpilicueta.. what a joke.. nowhere to be seen. Has absolutely no f clue what it means to lead a team on the pitch. Eventually that's Sarri's mistake tho for not picking a worthy leader. 

Looks like Rodgers is on his way to Leicester! 

Hypocrite to be honest...saying it was his drem job to be at Celtic then fucks off. Wont do anything at Leicester i dont think.

Think he lost his bottle as Gerrard will storm it next season.

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

Looks like Rodgers is on his way to Leicester! 

Hypocrite to be honest...saying it was his drem job to be at Celtic then fucks off. Wont do anything at Leicester i dont think.

Think he lost his bottle as Gerrard will storm it next season.

What more could he do at Celtic though he has won everything more than once and the chances of doing anything in Europe are very remote. He needs to leave if he has ambitions of getting another big job and Leicester could be a good place to rebuild his reputation In England.

Having said that Leicester does seem a poisoned chalice since they won the league but they have a good squad and if he can get the egos on side he has a chance of getting something good going there.

Good luck to him.

I do like Rodgers but last week he was saying he was in the best job in the world and the Scottish league is getting more competitive now...granted not as it could be.

I think this might end in disaster tbh. 

Why'd they sack him now? They're safe from relegation and in that mid to top ten scrap they should be in. Sure people weren't happy but wait until the summer surely? I'm surprised Rodgers would leave before wrapping up the title but he's going into Leicester at a very difficult time and most importantly without pre season. When was the last time these players played attacking passing football? It's a complete style change and it could go either way. 

As for Rodgers he's power mad and I personally don't trust his judgment, it's no coincidence no Rodgers signings are left at Liverpool apart from Lallana. His war with the committee wasn't private and the money we wasted keeping him sweet was a joke, the best example is after finishing second he got some pull, he really wanted Benteke, the committee wanted Firmino, Rodgers only agreed to Bobby if we got Benteke. We sign a lump of a striker who admittedly I've always rated however we had no traditional service for a TM and Bobby wasn't understood by Rodgers as he had no idea how to use him. 

On paper the squad isn't bad at all, but they've also got a lot of players who could make that big move and trusting Rodgers with money to replace them makes me nervous lol. I won't lie he can play awesome football but he can't organise a defence and imo while he almost won us the league, he also cost it us. He took us forward but he then stagnated us and held us back a few years when he got power he never should have been given. 

Can't wait to see that stupid one arm in the air celebration again, ffs either give it the full Di Canio or just a fist pump. Don't like Rodgers anyway, that Jim Shite interview on talksport when he said Rodgers should be nominated for Manager of the year 2018 will live long in the memory.

13 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Top performance from Bournemouth today 😮

93FFF3C1-98CD-499E-8040-10687786BC07.thumb.png.24f094f3a5bea3e0c83c5dd041c1a2bb.png

Hadn't seen that, now I have its clear Bournemouth were absolutely robbed!

😛