Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Looks good that, it’s looking highly likely that I’ll also be going to the Portsmouth game. I thought the tickets would be more than £20 tbh so can’t go wrong.😀

Could be a huge game that. Today's results were a bit of a kick in the teeth for us though :(

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Could be a huge game that. Today's results were a bit of a kick in the teeth for us though :(

Really need to win the games in hand I’d say but that’s easier said than done especially at this stage of the season. Wouldn’t want to rely on the playoffs as anything can happen then.

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Really need to win the games in hand I’d say but that’s easier said than done especially at this stage of the season. Wouldn’t want to rely on the playoffs as anything can happen then.

It's the draws that have killed us this season, 16 of the fuckers. At least half of those should have been wins so we should be about 15 points better off but just don't have that nouse to kill off games.

I've had a feeling for a while Barnsley will just pip us but we just need to keep winning as they won't win all their remaining games and since it's in our hands if we keep winning we will go up.

I dread the playoffs as don't fancy two legs against Pompey or Charlton or even Donny.

On 23/03/2019 at 21:01, samhardy said:

I've had a feeling for a while Barnsley will just pip us but we just need to keep winning as they won't win all their remaining games and since it's in our hands if we keep winning we will go up.

You were right! Really need to beat Accrington on Wednesday now.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

I wish good luck to Sunderland today, I will be listening in on the radio.

Same, I like Sunderland a lot, good club.

TBH, I like Newcastle more so sorry Sam 

2 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Same, I like Sunderland a lot, good club.

TBH, I like Newcastle more so sorry Sam 

I like both tbh but I’m giving Sunderland a lot of love atm because I want them back up to the prem as I really miss the derby and the banter which is obviously still there but not quite the same when the two clubs aren’t in the same league imo.

When I grew up following football we usually had both clubs and even boro in the top flight and I really miss it.

16 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I like both tbh but I’m giving Sunderland a lot of love atm because I want them back up to the prem as I really miss the derby and the banter which is obviously still there but not quite the same when the two clubs aren’t in the same league imo.

When I grew up following football we usually had both clubs and even boro in the top flight and I really miss it.

Yeah.

It’s alright now we get to watch Football get more plastic and greedy by the second. Wouldn’t mind Leeds back either, Bielsa’s a top manager and the club deserves it.

Got to feel sorry for Cardiff and Warnock today, let down by some poor refereeing decisions today in what could have been a massive win!

I have had the square root of zero interest in the Checkashit throughout the season so the result doesn't bother me too much especially since it was such a quality day.

Wembley won't see another atmosphere like that for a while! Fair play to the Portsmouth fans too. They... contributed to it :P

44 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Wembley won't see another atmosphere like that for a while! Fair play to the Portsmouth fans too. They... contributed to it :P

You’re right there, it really came across when I was listening in on the radio.

28 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I’d hoped no-one noticed that :O

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2019/04/02/the-rebound-cattermole-messi/?AFF_ID=21488

This is my favourite quote

“There’s also a school of thought that Cattermole missed that penalty in the Checkatrade final in order to send a message: one of self-sacrifice and putting others – in this case Portsmouth – first.”

That crashes right in as my favourite article of all time. Can we hire the author as a writer here?

The man himself, however, remains typically modest. “I’ve never even heard of Vatican City,” Cattermole responded when quizzed by Rebound reporters this morning. “Are they in League 2?”

Francis and a selective group of key advisers are now said to be close to forming a breakaway Cattermolian sect within the walls of the Vatican. But despite the controversial nature of the new theory, it’s expected that most high-ranking clergy will weigh in behind him, so convinced are they of Cattermole’s godliness.

😂😂😂😂

Liverpool will win the league. There name is already on the trophy and has been since Pickford threw one in the net if they beat Southampton at the weekend.

For me all the hype around the Chelsea game being the toughest in their run in isn’t true and I think a resurgent Southampton will be their toughest test remaining.

City won’t win their last 6 games. If they do they’ll have won 15 consecutive league games or something like that which is almost impossible and I have a feeling United will turn them over especially since they’ve still got so many games remaining in other comps.

Liverpool win all their games they’ll win the league and I along with 3/4 of the country might have to go into hiding for a year.

Honesty I'm trying not to think about it, I'm just taking each match as it comes. Obviously I want the league but this season is progress regardless and if we come short it took the best manager and squad ever assembled to stop us. Any other year we'd be champions already tbf. 

City having Spurs 3 times and United soon gives me massive hope though, say what you want about Spurs but it's a tough and draining game and United are United, in this situation I'm ecstatic we don't have to play them. 

However Chelsea do have me worried, I can see them turning up like peak Barcelona to spoil the party. 

We need confidence and belief so I'd not make light of Porto either, I think we need to win that, then again Barca/United in the semi would be some bloody distraction. Although City will have an eye on the CL, especially if they get passed Spurs. 

It's going to be a wild ride, I don't see either of us crumbling or winning every game we have left. In the ideal world we win the league then smash City in the CL final :D. 

On 18/03/2019 at 13:07, samhardy said:

Such a shame that FA Trophy winners from a few years ago North Ferriby were wound up the other day. For an unpaid tax bill of just 8K!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6814011/Former-FA-Trophy-winners-North-Ferriby-United-wound-court-hearing-unpaid-debts.html

Wow that is a shame, a debt that some premiership players earn a day

My view on the title race is that I have no idea how it’s going to go 😂 but I can’t fault the team one bit as it’s often being put over that we’ve bottled it and I’ve not seen any of that from the team.

The two draws against Leicester and West Ham are what I look at as frustrating but we’ve had a lot of games where we’ve really gritted it out so can’t complain. The  Everton and Spurs games we were lucky but I always think that when these things happen quite often it’s a sign of things. 

The end of the Spurs game had a Tottenham winner on the counter written all over it as we’d lost all shape and were just going for it but somehow we shithoused it.

People made such a lot of us drawing away to Man Utd and Everton but I had no problems at all with those results as a draw at Old Trafford is always ok with me and although we’ve got a good recent record against Everton those games are never easy either.

See how it goes now but back in November when although we were up there it looked like City were just going to steamroller it and I remember saying to myself that if we are within five points at April I’d take it so can’t complain.

Anyway I’m getting into rambling territory so I’ll stop now.😀