Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I hope you gave him some verbals 😂 

I'm almost directly behind the goal about 3/4 of the way up the upper tier. Think the atmosphere was one of the best so far this season but I think it was Coventry contributed to that as well, you could sense there was some "hostility" today as the two sets of fans just can't stand the sight of each other.

Do you know where the Wheatsheaf is? There was a bunch of about 20 Cov fans chanting There's only one Jimmy Hill for half an hour before the game! Predictable and boring but they were decent inside the stadium.

Yeah the Coventry fans were decent in the ground. He did get a bit of grief from us in the corner but then they celebrated in the other corner for their next goal. 

I don’t know exactly where that is.  I was going to go into one of the pubs but arrived a bit later than planned so just went into ground. I heard the chanting though as I went in. Doesn’t seem there was much trouble.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

I liked him. Thought he was decent and put a good shift in. Looks a handful to me.

Agreed, I think he's a good player. Not much he can do when he's getting long balls twatted towards him at ridiculous angles. Missed a few sitters last couple of games though.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Agreed, I think he's a good player. Not much he can do when he's getting long balls twatted towards him at ridiculous angles. Missed a few sitters last couple of games though.

Yeah I haven’t seen his missed chances in the other games. Seems like he’ll be a great team player though. For the last half an hour especially they were just going long all the time and weren’t working any good crossing angles. If it wasn’t for the shite defending though it would be a win.

Just now, Ashez said:

Getting bloody nervous now 😠

I hate playing Chelsea at the best of times but today is massive! 

Was just going to ask you how you felt.😂

I’m ok atm but that will change later especially after we find out the City result.

Hopefully Chelsea will turn up and play like they did at City a while back but I very much doubt it somehow.

I feel my nerves getting worse and worse, I'll be behind the sofa by 3 😂

Chelsea and United are the two fixtures I hate. 

I don't care about the City result tbh, we have to win regardless imo. If City drop points we have to take full advantage. 

We've not beat them at Anfield since 2012 and Hazard always turns up, then you have all the shit around Salah so where's his head at? Hopefully he smashes in a hat trick but we've seen him try too hard previously which makes him frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Getting bloody nervous now 😠

I hate playing Chelsea at the best of times but today is massive! 

We could do with you stuffing them today too.

It does drive me potty how every team just bends over for City at the moment.

23 hours ago, Ashez said:

Joey Barton is up to no good again by the looks of it 

Yeah just saw the incident vile, thuggish attack on a fellow manager leaving him bleeding and without two teeth. Saw something about all the stuff the scumbag has done what an idiot. Disgusting. At least Ramos, is nice to his own! 

Spoiler

And Ramos can actually play football...

Mo Salah is king! What a result that is! 

Everyone was exceptional with the front three, Hendo, Fabinho and VVD even being a level above! Chelsea played well and did everything they could to spoil the party but the resilience and belief of this side is unlike a LFC side I've seen before! 

With those Hazard misses how can you not believe?!? 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Everyone was exceptional with the front three, Hendo, Fabinho and VVD even being a level above! Chelsea played well and did everything they could to spoil the party but the resilience and belief of this side is unlike a LFC side I've seen before! 

I’ve just seen the two goals and the first goal,when mane was in the air,he was already so sure he was going to score.he immediately bounced away with celebration.Well,salah’s strike was simply amazing.Almost Top Left corner and from outside the box? Amazing.Thou should Emerson have pressured Salah abit more,I doubt Salah would have scored imo.

Proper side Liverpool are, full of grit. Henderson has been class this last few games!

Could easily have folded today after the City result. No idea what’s going to happen from now on in but we’ve still got a great chance of winning the double!

If we end up second it will be after having amassed probably over 90 league points which is just absurd.

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yep yep and yep. Loved Salah since he stepped foot in Liverpool and all the haters can shut up and just admire Mo’s talent and brilliance. By the way, Henderson was top notch and Hazard botched Robertson’s slip.

now my tears will be less when the robots win the league.

Foden has his Macheda moment. 

Na just teasing, fair play City that's some win and the one I was hopeful they'd slip up in. I don't fancy United in truth but maybe Vardy can do some damage considering how they struggled with Son/Moura. 

You can never rely on Spurs!

I think they’re going to get the job done now unfortunately but I won’t give up until it’s over.😀

Not expecting Man U to get anything but you never know. I still think we’ll drop points in at least one of our games and that might be the problem. 

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

You can never rely on Champions League Semi-Finalists Spurs!

I think they’re going to get the job done now unfortunately but I won’t give up until it’s over.😀

Not expecting Man U to get anything but you never know. I still think we’ll drop points in at least one of our games and that might be the problem. 

Edited. 😁

Maybe going off subject here but would be ace if Leeds were back in the big time. 16 years since we last played PL football and we continue to bring great crowds in and awesome have awesome away form. For many many years we have had a excellent youth system IE Jack Clarke who city are after. 

40 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Maybe going off subject here but would be ace if Leeds were back in the big time. 16 years since we last played PL football and we continue to bring great crowds in and awesome have awesome away form. For many many years we have had a excellent youth system IE Jack Clarke who city are after. 

I'm rooting for Leeds to go up as it would certainly spice up the Premier League considering some of the shit that's in there now like Burnley, Watford, Huddersfield etc.

Every time they seem to get a chance to pull away it always goes wrong!

My Auntie and Uncle and their two sons are all Leeds fans so I’ve always had an eye on their results. Hope they can finally get back up this season.

Am I just plucking this out of think air Sam or were Sunderland linked to Bielsa a season or so ago?

Edited by 1759
4 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Am I just plucking this out of think air Sam or were Sunderland linked to Bielsa a season or so ago?

I can't remember that but I doubt Fergie and Brian Clough's love child could have kept us up either of the last two seasons.

13 minutes ago, 1759 said:

My Auntie and Uncle and their two sons are all Leeds fans so I’ve always had an eye on their results. Hope they can finally get back up this season.

Bielsa has been linked with Roma so hopefully those just pass away, he has been playing extremely attractive flowing football since the o'Leary days. I've watched them 17 times this season  due to work commitments but I'm Leeds through and through :)

6 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Bielsa has been linked with Roma so hopefully those just pass away, he has been playing extremely attractive flowing football since the o'Leary days. I've watched them 17 times this season  due to work commitments but I'm Leeds through and through :)

My uncle was a glory hunter as a child back in the 70’s when Leeds had a really strong team but I guess you can’t call his sons that as they’ve just really supported through the last 15 or so years.