FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

Mcgready might be your best player but he was incredibly selfish and awful, the amount of times Charlton broke off his ridicules shots or dilly dallying to get a shot in was infuriating me. The worst part was Sunderland kept looking to him (like we used to with Gerrard) so if just kept happening, instead of playing they were just hoping for a wonder goal. 

Sheik Mansour's cousin looks like he is buying Newcastle. According to various newspapers.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Sheik Mansour's cousin looks like he is buying Newcastle. According to various newspapers.

Also rumours of someone linked to the PSG owners buying Leeds 

@samhardy still hasn’t said anything, probably raging quietly.

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

Mcgready might be your best player but he was incredibly selfish and awful, the amount of times Charlton broke off his ridicules shots or dilly dallying to get a shot in was infuriating me. The worst part was Sunderland kept looking to him (like we used to with Gerrard) so if just kept happening, instead of playing they were just hoping for a wonder goal. 

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 exactly what I was thinking as I saw that match. 

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Erm, sure Woody 

59 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Erm, sure Woody 

He's hungover at a football tournament judging on what he said to me before leaving for Wembley

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Also rumours of someone linked to the PSG owners buying Leeds 

Would be good to see a secent Leeds side again.

1 hour ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Erm, sure Woody 

Its 100% true...been reported on Al-Jazeera news too.

Wether it will go through is another thing altogether. Ashley is a P@#$ so who knows! In charge

Same chap who tried to but Liverpool last year and wants to keep Rafa in charge.

· Posted (edited)
On 20/05/2019 at 22:53, Foxy said:

This is how player managers should be dressed.

943A229D-75B2-4822-ABFE-1DA108EBA258.thumb.jpeg.725c081930c70a537ac2321b4cb143f5.jpeg

Ah the good old days 😍

Edited by smoggy90

17 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Ah the good old days 😍

When I think about those years it doesn’t take long before I think of Juninho and what a brilliant player he was.

5 hours ago, 1759 said:

When I think about those years it doesn’t take long before I think of Juninho and what a brilliant player he was.

Different class he was mate. What a player. 

They were fun times as we also had the likes of boksic, ravanelli, karambeu, Emerson. 

We’re a long way from that now. 

· Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, samhardy said:

Absolutely ridiculous decision this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48555148

Why would it be? Scholes was hired by Oldham that was doing ok in league two and left after a month whilst sol Campbell had to go find Macclesfield who were in the league two relegation spots. Whilst I don’t believe that there is some sort of conspiracy racist agenda or something it can’t hurt to have some more BAME coaches

added 0 minutes later

Also real are gearing up their attack looks fearsome with Hazard Jovic as well as benzema

Edited by Gunners Rishi

20 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Why would it be? Scholes was hired by Oldham that was doing ok in league two and left after a month whilst sol Campbell had to go find Macclesfield who were in the league two relegation spots. Whilst I don’t believe that there is some sort of conspiracy racist agenda or something it can’t hurt to have some more BAME coaches

added 0 minutes later

Also real are gearing up their attack looks fearsome with Hazard Jovic as well as benzema

I thinks Sam's point is they should be interviewed on merit and not due to a checklist. How do interviews just to make up the numbers help? I assume they just hope a few will impress who might not have originally been looked at.

31 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

added 0 minutes later

I have read your post 10 times and still have absolutely no idea what your point is about Scholes and Campbell.

If a candidate is good enough to be invited for an interview then they would get invited regardless of religion or skin colour. Imagine being a black manager and getting an invite for an interview you have no chance of getting purely so that a club complies with a rule.

Might as well apply the same rule so you have to interview a woman as well. Absolutely bonkers decision and political correctness gone mad.

And where does it stop? Other sports? Business? 

It would be far better to expose and punish those who are racist, rather than patronise those who could subjected to it.

13 hours ago, samhardy said:

I have read your post 10 times and still have absolutely no idea what your point is about Scholes and Campbell.

If a candidate is good enough to be invited for an interview then they would get invited regardless of religion or skin colour. Imagine being a black manager and getting an invite for an interview you have no chance of getting purely so that a club complies with a rule.

Might as well apply the same rule so you have to interview a woman as well. Absolutely bonkers decision and political correctness gone mad.

Understand completely what u said especially about PC but what I mean is that whilst the rooney rule just makes a fool of bame coaches it can’t hurt if we have some bame coaches.

i know this is a touchy subject for some but after the whole me too movement, feminism just started becoming scumbags suing rich people for no point just so they’ll panic and give a settlement. Also it meant that in the rare case a male is abused, no one cares. For example, the whole neymar thing looks like a big set up. Anyway I’m gonna stop talking about this because I feel it won’t do no one any good talking about all this race and gender stuff

added 0 minutes later
13 hours ago, Rob said:

And where does it stop? Other sports? Business? 

It would be far better to expose and punish those who are racist, rather than patronise those who could subjected to it.

Yh

A coach or manager doesn't matter what race your are, long as they do well for your club, who gives one lol 

Lampard is really going to Chelsea?!! 

Sarri hard done by all season and still delivers and walks away for a better job, fair play to him 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

@smoggy90 you happy with Woodgate?

I was skeptical mate but after watching his interview this morning and looking at his coaching team i'm actually quite excited about it. Granted we could've appointed Mickey Mouse and the fans would be happy after what we had to watch under Pulis but he's a local lad and has the club's best interests at heart.

My first choice was Jokanovic but apparently his financial demands were too much and our parachute payments have now finished, so I can understand us looking to Woodgate.

Roll on the new season!

5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

I was skeptical mate but after watching his interview this morning and looking at his coaching team i'm actually quite excited about it. Granted we could've appointed Mickey Mouse and the fans would be happy after what we had to watch under Pulis but he's a local lad and has the club's best interests at heart.

My first choice was Jokanovic but apparently his financial demands were too much and our parachute payments have now finished, so I can understand us looking to Woodgate.

Roll on the new season!

Played for us as well :D

4 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Played for us as well :D

He’ll come up against lee bowyer as well next season 

30 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

He’ll come up against lee bowyer as well next season 

Yeah that will be a good battle, Bowyer has proved himself with Charlton so I hope woody can make the step up 

On 14/06/2019 at 22:39, leedsunited87 said:

Yeah that will be a good battle, Bowyer has proved himself with Charlton so I hope woody can make the step up 

I hope so too mate!