Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

He’s said “roll our sleeves up” in his first interview 😂

That’s one off the bingo card, @Woody just wait for “come the end of the season we’ll be there or thereabouts”, “dust ourselves down”, “it’s our achilles heel” and once he’s sacked “they never accepted me for my Sunderland roots”

84D296C4-3CCA-4A2B-AE0A-E811B486A3DB.jpeg.ba8cdf81fa771f5017bc2241e201ff07.jpeg

😂😂😂 were fucked dude.

Apparently the fans are at the ground protesting! Like thats gonna do anything.

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

😂😂😂 were fucked dude.

Apparently the fans are at the ground protesting! Like thats gonna do anything.

Only thing I can think of that's positive is at least you've got a good manager for the Championship if you go down!

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Only thing I can think of that's positive is at least you've got a good manager for the Championship if you go down!

If? I think we are dead certs for relegation mate.

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_2019-07-17-21-43-18.thumb.png.422a2df14668a120e7c65b4e10b5b0b2.png

Umm I still have this feeling paddy power are totally responsible for this for publicity as I believe they’ve done a few strange things in the name of advertising before but I can’t remember them at the moment.

Its win win for them.

43 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

EAWIu6OWkAUw-X4.thumb.jpeg.e15a9e5ee77f267af74704b4720108bd.jpeg

Good job I can park my yacht when the new home of football opens!

Hopefully I’ll be able to visit Goodison one more time before you move although I’m not sure how likely that is :(

I’m really not a fan of the new one though, it looks like an oversized leisure centre and they say they’ll be able to keep the same intimacy as what’s currently at Goodison but I don’t see how that would be possible.

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Hopefully I’ll be able to visit Goodison one more time before you move although I’m not sure how likely that is :(

I’m really not a fan of the new one though, it looks like an oversized leisure centre and they say they’ll be able to keep the same intimacy as what’s currently at Goodison but I don’t see how that would be possible.

Yeah, I understand your point.

Goodison is one of the last great old stadiums but I guess you have to move with the times and we need to compete with the other big boys on corporate, sponsorship, bigger capacity. We just cant do that staying at Goodison. I think they mean there isnt going to be a big gap between the fans and pitch like some of the other new stadiums.

14 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Yeah, I understand your point.

Goodison is one of the last great old stadiums but I guess you have to move with the times and we need to compete with the other big boys on corporate, sponsorship, bigger capacity. We just cant do that staying at Goodison. I think they mean there isnt going to be a big gap between the fans and pitch like some of the other new stadiums.

It’s my favourite stadium. Can hardly think of any old traditional ones remaining now as they’re all paving way for bowl shaped monstrosities in the middle of nowhere like Reading.

Also having a walkway that close to the river is surely a recipe for disaster 😂

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It’s my favourite stadium. Can hardly think of any old traditional ones remaining now as they’re all paving way for bowl shaped monstrosities in the middle of nowhere like Reading.

Also having a walkway that close to the river is surely a recipe for disaster 😂

Yeah, Reading is a nightmare.

I'm sure they will have adequate safety railings. Plenty of EFC lifebuoy rings around! 🚣‍♂️👍

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

I suspect you'll be saying that a lot more during the course of next season 😂

More than likely mate

On 26/07/2019 at 11:47, Woody said:

Yh I said to my mates the other day how ironic it is that newcastle have class kits players (sometimes) class fans (apart from some) class stadium but they have Steve Bruce as their manager...

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Oxford have signed Ben Woodburn on loan mysteriously just in time to cover up selling our best player for less than our stated value to Cardiff.

Anyway tell me he is good @Ashez and @Ian.

He looked like he was going to be a big star awhile back but it hasn’t quite happened yet. Still might though and I think he’ll do a fantastic job for you.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

How much did Whyte get sold for?

While the transfer, officially undisclosed but thought to be in the region of £2million plus add-ons, marks a 20-fold increase on United's outlay last year, it is well below Robinson's valuation last month.

The good thing about supporting a club like oxford though is unlike fans of so called big clubs you can accept that sometimes a player is moving on to a bigger club and then follow there career after that and hope they do well. Well that’s my attitude anyway.

He's a typical attacker who's not really found a position of his own having played wide, deep and as a striker. He has ability but his loan last year was a disaster as he hardly played. If he can find a position and get a run of games he could deliver as he's been highly rated for ages. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

He's a typical attacker who's not really found a position of his own having played wide, deep and as a striker. He has ability but his loan last year was a disaster as he hardly played. If he can find a position and get a run of games he could deliver as he's been highly rated for ages. 

Well he is a division lower than he was with Sheff Utd last year and he will definitely get games for us although with Whyte leaving it might be out wide.

Just now, Foxy said:

Well he is a division lower than he was with Sheff Utd last year and he will definitely get games for us although with Whyte leaving it might be out wide.

He's mainly played wide/drifting when I've watched him tbh. He's a young lad who must of found it rough going last season so hopefully he finds good form again. .n