Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

First games can be tricky regardless of opposition so I’m happy to take the win. Defence seems a bit off again but I’m not going to worry at this stage as it seems to have been assumed that we wouldn’t be able to step up our performance against a better side when we probably would. 

Lazio obviously. Their Ultras are nuts!

We have already heard Ashley has no wish to sell.

I love how ex pro's are saying well done to Ashley for spending. We has spent what we bought in and replaced what left. We haven't improved the squad we are still fucked if we get injuries. Where is the rest of the tv money. There should be after those that left £190m+ and thats why they are protesting when Villa spend over £150m. 

Delighted with the win today.

Brilliant result, but Chelsea outplayed us in the first half and could easily have gone in ahead. At times our attackers were taking far too much time and touches, as if waiting for space to magically appear for them. We seriously lack creativity.

We only started to dominate once we went three up, but the fact that we were ultimately able to dominate Chelsea (albeit a heavily depleted Chelsea) at home is hugely encouraging. Our backline looks far more secure than last season. De Gea looks back to his best. Hugely encouraging that Tuanzebe made the bench ahead of Smalling and Jones.

We lack technical ability, the amount of times our forwards, McTominay and Pogba in particular, lost the ball was worrying. Sensational assist from Pogba though, and our main (only?) creative outlet. Keeping him in form will be key to a good season.

Rashford had some great finishes, really hope he can step up for us this season and grab 25+ goals. Martial looked sharper than last season too, looks hungry which is important for a moody player like him.

AWB is a phenomenal talent - at 21, he was an absolute bargain at £50m. So secure at the back. Maguire made a great start to life at Old Trafford too.

Delighted for Greenwood to make a (brief) appearance - hopefully there's much more signs of him, Gomes et al. this season. Great for McTominay to play ahead of Matic too - he really seems a warrior in the centre of the park, though needs to improve technically.

We're a much better team than Chelsea on paper, and I'm delighted we showed it today - onwards and upwards for the season with our young squad.

Bruce is doing his upmost to get sacked. I knew it would be a tricky fixture but for fuck sake play a formation that gives us a chance!!

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Bruce is doing his upmost to get sacked. I knew it would be a tricky fixture but for fuck sake play a formation that gives us a chance!!

How did he set you up?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

How did he set you up?

532 again mate....too defensive again.

You can tell the players dont want to play that formation at all. Rafa would of gone 433 against amd we have better players now. It makes no sense.

Edited by Woody
Just now, Rob said:

Weird. From an outside perspective he is an odd appointment.

Sam was right(as usuall) he'll be gone by xmas.

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Estimated net fortune of £28.6B? The second largest backing money wise in England after Man City? Yes fucking please.

Shame it didn’t happen sooner as you might have been able to stop Cattermole going to Holland.

Absolutely shocking about Bury FC, I think the likes of united an city should help this club out the amount they get absolute disgrace in our football 

My word! 😲. For a second I thought Man united completed the comeback, but on the other end 3 minutes later Patrick Van Aanholt scored the winning goal. Wow.

33 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Nice to see normal service is resumed at Old Trafford.

United Logic🤔

Beat chelsea 4-0 on matchday 1, end up with the same point as chelsea on matchday 3.

18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

With Vale conceding 5 is wasn’t a vintage day for Potteries football was it!

It wasnt mate. Listened to the Vale game and they seemed to be holding quite well till the last 10 or so mins.

Football up here has been poor for awhile now. Apart from Stoke which the local council seem to favour more Vale just down have any money to spend really new owners seem decent as they are local fans so future for them looks better.