Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Am I being biased or is that beyond soft?

Like the million rolls after it help. 

Seen them given for less tbh. I assume VAR checked it so there must have been more to it than what you see here. Definitely biased 😂

21 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Seen them given for less tbh. I assume VAR checked it so there must have been more to it than what you see here. Definitely biased 😂

Yet in our match Matip being wrestled to the ground by the throat wasn't one lmao, VAR is sound, it's just the refs that are useless. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yet in our match Matip being wrestled to the ground by the throat wasn't one lmao, VAR is sound, it's just the refs that are useless. 

Not seen that, I’ll have a look at it now 

Yeah they’ve been useless for a while now, a good few decades tbh lol

Just watched the Matip one, no idea why that wasn’t given tbh, watched a different angle of the Rashford one too and that was definitely a penalty imo, just clumsy from the Leicester defender and Rashford took advantage by going down imo

Edited by Nucleus
10 hours ago, Woody said:

Its painful to watch mate....played the same way against Brighton and had roughly the same possession.

Losing isnt the problem its how we roll over and take the spanking. Rafa played a similar way but we had more intent. 18% possession today...18!! You aint goingt to do anything with that.

@Woody 4 points from Arsenal, Norwich, Spurs, Watford and Liverpool isn’t a bad return.

I seem to remember Rafa only had 1 or 2 last season after a similarly difficult start but there wasn’t all this bashing towards him.

The thing that should concern you more is that after going 1 up at Anfield your fans went for the “We hate Sunderland” and “Fuck off Adam Johnson” chants 😂

43 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Woody 4 points from Arsenal, Norwich, Spurs, Watford and Liverpool isn’t a bad return.

I seem to remember Rafa only had 1 or 2 last season after a similarly difficult start but there wasn’t all this bashing towards him.

The thing that should concern you more is that after going 1 up at Anfield your fans went for the “We hate Sunderland” and “Fuck off Adam Johnson” chants 😂

Yeah i heard that mate it was shocking tbh. 

The problem is Sam is there is no forward intent in how we are playing. I did say that Rafa played a similar formation but we had support for the striker

Over the last few weeks we have all seen the plight of two traditional English clubs a they fight financial difficulties. It was too late for Bury and nothing at least in the short term could be done but thankfully Bolton did get a reprieve and were able to continue playing this season although they only had a squad of youth players. They did manage to sign some senior players on deadline day but results have been bad having conceded 5 or more goals in 5 of there 8 games this season so far leaving them bottom of the table.

Thats why I am delighted that this evening my club Oxford Utd lead by the great Karl Robinson have stood in solidarity with Bolton Wanderers Football Club as we let them take 2 bloody points off us!!!

480DCAEF-29F6-446F-867D-A1A0176139A6.thumb.jpeg.fe05a3086ee0a541a6026f614777a679.jpeg

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Get Jack fucking Dross out of this club as soon as humanly possible just a David Moyes 2.0. Lost the match-going fans now it's only a matter of time.

Keano will be in by your next match although there is no shame drawing with Bolton as it leads to a record win in the next game.

47 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Keano will be in by your next match although there is no shame drawing with Bolton as it leads to a record win in the next game.

Keano joined Sky Sports today so Big Sam in or maybe we can poach KR.

21 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Keano joined Sky Sports today so Big Sam in or maybe we can poach KR.

You can have 'i dont know what im doing' Bruce back if you want 😂

Wtf is this commentator waffling on about? He's got the right hump after that rightly disallowed goal. 

VAR has its issues but not with something as black and white as offsides, you're either on or you're off, it's bloody simple. Sure it was tight as a rats arse but the right decision was made, yeah it likely would have counted pre VAR but then they'd be slagging off the linesman. Why should an attacker benefit from close calls and defenders who done their job perfectly with the line be punished? Tammy's attempt easily could have been called wrongly off pre VAR, it was tight but VAR showed he was on. You simply can't have it both ways and all these dinosaur commentators are just making the transition worse. 

We got done by VAR mid week, it does have kinks but attacking right decisions because it ruins the event is moronic, especially in black and white decisions. 

8 hours ago, Woody said:

He'll be gone soon. 😂

Good luck to him if he does. When you support a club the size of Oxford you know people are unlikely to stay around for long if they do well. Personally I always like to see former Yellows do well in the higher leagues like Lundstrum and Chris Wilder are doing this year at Sheffield Utd.

19 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Good luck to him if he does. When you support a club the size of Oxford you know people are unlikely to stay around for long if they do well. Personally I always like to see former Yellows do well in the higher leagues like Lundstrum and Chris Wilder are doing this year at Sheffield Utd.

I know West Ham were poor but Oxford were awesome last night.

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

I know West Ham were poor but Oxford were awesome last night.

They massively underestimated us and it cost them big style. It’s ridiculous really as a club like West Ham should be looking to win a cup.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

They massively underestimated us and it cost them big style. It’s ridiculous really as a club like West Ham should be looking to win a cup.

Pisses me off how the big teams mess around with there squads for cup games. It cheapens the competitions.

Just watching MotD and what a shower of shit Norwich were yesterday! I know they have tons of injuries but that doesn’t excuse the fact that they insisted on trying to “play out” and for what reason?

Its all very well having a “philosophy” and trying to play “football” but why do it constantly when you are clearly 1. not good enough to do it and 2. the opposition are swarming all over you and you are simply playing into the other teams hands.