FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

I hope the press go to town on Rogers and Leicester because their decline seems to have gone without much pisstaking. They only finished 3 points ahead of a frankly average Spurs team.

35 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Championship doesn't have Var does it? Bad crack that getting a red lol BUT watch the foul on Mbappe other day , it's that trailing leg being classed as a scissor which from this angle doesn't look like a bad challenge , just watched another angle , not even a booking , not even a foul 

No VAR, and this shocking decision changed a vital game for us, so yeah, bad crack indeed :(

There is something wonderful about Lallana signing for Brighton. He could have chosen a slightly better team and be a squad player, but he could really may a difference over there. 

On 26/07/2020 at 22:14, Mr Tree said:

No VAR, and this shocking decision changed a vital game for us, so yeah, bad crack indeed :(

So the red card has been overturned, but we have to wear the 1-0 deficit that we received as a result. I know replaying it etc would be a farce, but still, seems a bit unfair.

The ref gave the red on the 4th official's advice - are they allowed to do that? Genuinely don't know, didn't think so... Guess it's a grey area though (Zidane in the WC Final as a famous example)...

Our manager said "I don't understand why these games don't have VAR" - fairly guarantee that next year's Champ playoff games will have it...

· Posted (edited)

Least it's not just us getting over the top takeover reports 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20200729-152250.thumb.jpg.3426f5687f941063f750aac3d8decd62.jpg

Edited by AdamNufc

6 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Least it's not just us getting over the top takeover reports 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20200729-152250.thumb.jpg.3426f5687f941063f750aac3d8decd62.jpg

Jesus, when will these people ever learn. Good luck with that, Sam.

Meanwhile, absolutely buzzing after that performance tonight. One game from glory now...

11 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Jesus, when will these people ever learn. Good luck with that, Sam.

Meanwhile, absolutely buzzing after that performance tonight. One game from glory now...

Sounds like you played excellently.

11 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@Scratch @WoodyScreenshot_20200730-154105.thumb.jpg.99f2a4c5903cb7fed7d09e7469f7279b.jpg

Well that's us well and truly getting relegated next season 😂

Never had much chance of going through anyway imo as the PL were never going to want to bite the Qatari hand that feeds them by letting the nation that pirates there IP take over a club. 

Poor Newcastle I absolutely feel for toon fans, massive club who could do wonders under new management. Let's hope somebody comes in with fresh ideas and gets rid of ashley once and for all. He's a drain to the Premier League

21 minutes ago, samhardy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6c4448f1eb24946427a165c87503860c.jpeg

Trust you @samhardy 😂 

Beyond caring now , just wait til yous have that bearded energy drinks bloke owning yous and we will both have the shittest owners 😂

added 0 minutes later
9 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Poor Newcastle I absolutely feel for toon fans, massive club who could do wonders under new management. Let's hope somebody comes in with fresh ideas and gets rid of ashley once and for all. He's a drain to the Premier League

He will be laughing his socks off , pocketed £17m doing nowt from the deposit 

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

Trust you @samhardy 😂 

Beyond caring now , just wait til yous have that bearded energy drinks bloke owning yous and we will both have the shittest owners 😂

added 0 minutes later

He will be laughing his socks off , pocketed £17m doing nowt from the deposit 

Yep totally feel for you guys, I remember the days when you challenge for the league, think it was 97? Maybe 98 when you was top of the league, shearer is still my all time fav striker. You have everything there, fans, stadium great youth set up. Im positive somebody will come in and do what there ment to do 

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

😂😂😂😂 i have nothing else to say @AdamNufc

Deep down knew it wouldn't happen but kick in the balls like 

8 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

@Scratch @WoodyScreenshot_20200730-154105.thumb.jpg.99f2a4c5903cb7fed7d09e7469f7279b.jpg

Well that's us well and truly getting relegated next season 😂

Gutted... Well at least I can stop looking for news every morning when I wake up (to see if anything happened during the UK's day while I've been sleeping)...

Well this might be a interesting save on FMM21

Also anyone any ideas why Wigan get a points deduction this season but Wednesday get it for next season? 

Screenshot_20200731-193408.thumb.jpg.572ceef5d0f607ccb104b56dcb03505f.jpg

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Well this might be a interesting save on FMM21

Also anyone any ideas why Wigan get a points deduction this season but Wednesday get it for next season? 

Screenshot_20200731-193408.thumb.jpg.572ceef5d0f607ccb104b56dcb03505f.jpg

Wigan got theirs this season cause going into admin is a immediate deduction. Sheff Wednesday aren't in admin, so EFL can apply theirs next season. 

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

Wigan got theirs this season cause going into admin is a immediate deduction. Sheff Wednesday aren't in admin, so EFL can apply theirs next season. 

Ah I get you mate - seems like a lot of clubs these days are getting deductions 

@Jsavfc the EFL said that if Wigan had gone down this season without the points deduction taken into account then it would have been next season they got hit with it. They only got given it this season because they would have stayed up if the 12 points hadn’t been taken off.

The real reason for Sheff Wed’s being next season I think is because their lawyers will be all over it and the appeal will drag on throughout the off season and possibly into next season. If they won the appeal it’s much easier to just remove the deduction in the Championship than it would be if they suffered a relegation and were playing in League 1 because of it.

8 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Ah I get you mate - seems like a lot of clubs these days are getting deductions 

The EFL aren’t fit for purpose.

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The EFL aren’t fit for purpose.

The EFL isn’t fit for purpose because the clubs won’t let it be. What everyone forgets is that the EFL don’t set the rules the clubs do and then the EFL enforces them which is why when clubs like Tranmere are threatening legal action over there relegation they didn’t go through with it as they have no case.

The same with “fit and proper person” test. The clubs set how stringent it is and the owners don’t want a stronger test because it would make it harder to sell there clubs to whichever person offers the most money.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Wigan’s and Wednesdays deductions they will have been done following the rules the clubs themselves voted for.

16 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The EFL isn’t fit for purpose because the clubs won’t let it be. What everyone forgets is that the EFL don’t set the rules the clubs do and then the EFL enforces them which is why when clubs like Tranmere are threatening legal action over there relegation they didn’t go through with it as they have no case.

The same with “fit and proper person” test. The clubs set how stringent it is and the owners don’t want a stronger test because it would make it harder to sell there clubs to whichever person offers the most money.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Wigan’s and Wednesdays deductions they will have been done following the rules the clubs themselves voted for.

What is the actual point in the EFL then?

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

What is the actual point in the EFL then?

Nothing as the EFL should be run to benefit one club and one club only.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b2fefde6738f0ed796ede6213f752390.png

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Nothing as the EFL should be run to benefit one club and one club only.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.b2fefde6738f0ed796ede6213f752390.png

They did give you a free shot at the playoffs tbf :P

22 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Honestly thought Eddie Howe would of stayed on Screenshot_20200801-211712.thumb.jpg.245a2048cea6ae51b3c9a2e679978cc1.jpg

This is not the most important football news of the day.