Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Commiserations to Wigan, played some great football in their heyday (the FA Cup win over City comes to mind).

But we are going up! Great to do it in a big derby too. Kebano inevitably gets sold in my FMM saves. That won't be the case next time.

16 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Commiserations to Wigan, played some great football in their heyday (the FA Cup win over City comes to mind).

But we are going up! Great to do it in a big derby too. Kebano inevitably gets sold in my FMM saves. That won't be the case next time. 

Awful game but we certainly didn't deserve it - wilted under pressure. I predicted three extra-time goals during our cigarette break at 90mins - one of my greatest ever predictions, sadly squandered :(

56 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Awful game but we certainly didn't deserve it - wilted under pressure. I predicted three extra-time goals during our cigarette break at 90mins - one of my greatest ever predictions, sadly squandered :(

i feel so sorry for brenford but fulham are not staying up sorry there just not 

20 minutes ago, Alistair 3432 said:

i feel so sorry for brenford but fulham are not staying up sorry there just not 

No I don't think so, not a lot of weakness in next year's prem... Early prediction would be Foolham, WBA and Newcastle to go down...

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

No I don't think so, not a lot of weakness in next year's prem... Early prediction would be Foolham, WBA and Newcastle to go down...

I demand you re think your opinion @Mr Tree but sadly I agree with you :(

Unlucky for yesterday , might be a rebuild job next season as likely some players will leave but good look 

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

i agree

48 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I demand you re think your opinion @Mr Tree but sadly I agree with you :(

Unlucky for yesterday , might be a rebuild job next season as likely some players will leave but good look 

Cheers - reckon we're alright - we might lose two or three but frankly we were rebuilding anyway - we bought and sold five lads each last year, £30m spent and £30m recouped.... Reckon we have a firmer foundation now than last year, so we'll see - our fantastic recent recruitment record will need to come up trumps again...

As for the Toon, sorry lads, nothing personal - you just have the general "ticking time bomb" air - this year there were three weak teams to save you, but next year, I'm not sure...

I’m not sure any team is a certainty for relegation in the Premier League anymore as let’s be honest aside from the top 9 or so teams any of the other 11 could realistically go down.

You have 3 “mini leagues“ in that division at the moment.

1. Title chasers. Only 2 teams in it currently and will be next season.
  2. A group of about 7 teams that push for the European places. Always a surprise package as well so say 8 in total.
  3. Then nobody would be surprised if any of the remaining teams went down. I’ve said it before but the PL (Liverpool and Man City aside) is the weakest it’s been for a long time and there’s not a lot of difference between the bottom 10 in there and the top 10 in the Championship.

It’s a myth that the biggest gap in England is between the PL and Championship, L1 to Champ has a much bigger gap.

We'll be up against it. The bloom is off the rose after splashing the cash last time. Best case scenario is us doing a Crystal Palace and finishing lower mid-table. Poor time for the pandemic too. Anguissa has been smashing it on loan at Villarreal, so recouping his transfer fee was a real possibility. Not sure if Villarreal or other La Liga teams can provide the cash now. 

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

I’m not sure any team is a certainty for relegation in the Premier League anymore as let’s be honest aside from the top 9 or so teams any of the other 11 could realistically go down.

You have 3 “mini leagues“ in that division at the moment.

1. Title chasers. Only 2 teams in it currently and will be next season.
  2. A group of about 7 teams that push for the European places. Always a surprise package as well so say 8 in total.
  3. Then nobody would be surprised if any of the remaining teams went down. I’ve said it before but the PL (Liverpool and Man City aside) is the weakest it’s been for a long time and there’s not a lot of difference between the bottom 10 in there and the top 10 in the Championship.

It’s a myth that the biggest gap in England is between the PL and Championship, L1 to Champ has a much bigger gap.

It’s hard when people keep asking for £50m+ for an average player. I can’t see how some players were bought in for 30m+ and do nothing while other players that could be better stuck in some shit league cause the club asking for a big club fee

Edited by broodje kip
43 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Forget manager of the year, positive this man should be up for player of the year 🍩

695661156_TELEMMGLPICT000215637189_transu_O8LwwDCm6esbxGxMtvqUrU1M9n7remM0a43KpSSdw.thumb.jpeg.c395f5aeac02890cf813991de8ceb84c.jpeg

If he had any sort of support he might of done better. Granted he hasnt helped himself.

Edited by Woody

Could anyone enlighten me on what Lampard has done to deserve a nomination this season to be in here ahead of someone like Dyche who continues to massively overachieve at Burnley.

Anyone other than Lampard would have been sacked by Chelsea this year.

Just now, samhardy said:

Southend are after the Weymouth manager @Rob and he’s odds on favourite to go.

Perfect opportunity for you to step in and lead them to the EFL. @Woody as assistant manager.

Ffs. Meh. I’m surprised the Cherries ain’t promoted him too.

On 07/08/2020 at 19:02, Ashez said:

Lampard and Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near that. Santos and Dyche should be. 

Agree...Santos' season started over a year ago and to keep up there form considering the amount of games they have played is nuts.

- Willian to Arsenal

- Hojberg to Spurs

- Liverpool sign a cover at left back

- City sign Ferran and Ake

Some sensible business so far.

52 minutes ago, Rob said:

- Willian to Arsenal

- Hojberg to Spurs

- Liverpool sign a cover at left back

- City sign Ferran and Ake

Some sensible business so far.

Bailey Wright to Sunderland as well, should be put in the same category.