Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

Recommended Posts

· Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

This is not the most important football news of the day. 

Is the most important that Weymouth got promoted? Or your favourite team ever Arsenal won the FA Cup@Rob

Edited by AdamNufc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see where Howe ends up, and how Bournemouth do without him... Championship next year looks very "intriguing", just hope I'm watching it from a distance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Is the most important that Weymouth got promoted? Or your favourite team ever Arsenal won the FA Cup@Rob

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

Or broke and relegated three divisions again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

Oh I remember reading a book about Weymouth called Floodlit Dreams about the season Steve Claridge managed them 03-04 , one of my favourite football books 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rob said:

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

I’m looking forward to Weymouth away in a couple of seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Foxy said:

Or broke and relegated three divisions again.

We don’t have a rich benefactor this time so that shouldn’t happen. Last time was we weird. Harrison pulled out in January, died within a few years, we lost the surrounding area of the ground to developers, and plummeted. As we are now a fan ran club I personally think we should be applauded, rather than derided, for doing things properly.

9 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Oh I remember reading a book about Weymouth called Floodlit Dreams about the season Steve Claridge managed them 03-04 , one of my favourite football books 

Odd times, but fascinating. Claridge was a moody so and so at times, but a fantastic player. As a manager... not sure. He did sign one player, allegedly, to drive him to and from training.

8 hours ago, samhardy said:

I’m looking forward to Weymouth away in a couple of seasons.

Haha. You’ll be rich and in the Premoer League again by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Mr Tree how many Czech natives have you managed to turn into Brentford fans?

Can I count the ones that I've married or created? My three month old is so excited about today she keeps throwing up!

We have four expat bees here, plus two lads we found on the internet who spent some time in West London and latched onto the team. So six of us plus a few mates tonight at our favourite Irish pub run by a Bosnian. Can't wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rob said:

Possibly the best line I’ve read on here in ages.

Its up there with a corner shop run by a white person....its just crazy 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So wigan are relegated, sorry I totally disagree with the EFL, after all this with covid etc a lot of clubs have struggled, yes they went into debt etc but just look at the situation. Absolutely heartbreaking if your a Wigan fan, many more clubs this year will feel heat, what they goimg to do (EFL) Dock every club points... pff JOKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leedsunited87 said:

So wigan are relegated, sorry I totally disagree with the EFL, after all this with covid etc a lot of clubs have struggled, yes they went into debt etc but just look at the situation. Absolutely heartbreaking if your a Wigan fan, many more clubs this year will feel heat, what they goimg to do (EFL) Dock every club points... pff JOKE

Didn't if I have read this right , Wigan get bought then put into admin by the new owners 4 weeks later? 

If so where was proof of funds and how did they pass a owners and directors test? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Didn't if I have read this right , Wigan get bought then put into admin by the new owners 4 weeks later? 

If so where was proof of funds and how did they pass a owners and directors test? 🤔

The company that owned them sold to another company which is conveniently owned by the same people as a way of (allegedly) upping interest payments on loans the club has with them. Why they are now in administration though is the big mystery that should be investigated.

As for the “owners and directors test” all that needs to be proved is that they have the money to run the club and that they have never been involved in any kinds of fraud, asset stripping etc. The test is deliberately easy to pass because it’s the clubs (owners) themselves that set the parameters of it and the harder the test the harder it is to sell there clubs when they want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Didn't if I have read this right , Wigan get bought then put into admin by the new owners 4 weeks later? 

If so where was proof of funds and how did they pass a owners and directors test? 🤔

Not a clue mate, EFL are all corrupt mate 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commiserations to Wigan, played some great football in their heyday (the FA Cup win over City comes to mind).

But we are going up! Great to do it in a big derby too. Kebano inevitably gets sold in my FMM saves. That won't be the case next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Commiserations to Wigan, played some great football in their heyday (the FA Cup win over City comes to mind).

But we are going up! Great to do it in a big derby too. Kebano inevitably gets sold in my FMM saves. That won't be the case next time. 

Awful game but we certainly didn't deserve it - wilted under pressure. I predicted three extra-time goals during our cigarette break at 90mins - one of my greatest ever predictions, sadly squandered :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Awful game but we certainly didn't deserve it - wilted under pressure. I predicted three extra-time goals during our cigarette break at 90mins - one of my greatest ever predictions, sadly squandered :(

i feel so sorry for brenford but fulham are not staying up sorry there just not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Alistair 3432 said:

i feel so sorry for brenford but fulham are not staying up sorry there just not 

No I don't think so, not a lot of weakness in next year's prem... Early prediction would be Foolham, WBA and Newcastle to go down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

No I don't think so, not a lot of weakness in next year's prem... Early prediction would be Foolham, WBA and Newcastle to go down...

I demand you re think your opinion @Mr Tree but sadly I agree with you :(

Unlucky for yesterday , might be a rebuild job next season as likely some players will leave but good look 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

No I don't think so, not a lot of weakness in next year's prem... Early prediction would be Foolham, WBA and Newcastle to go down...

i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I demand you re think your opinion @Mr Tree but sadly I agree with you :(

Unlucky for yesterday , might be a rebuild job next season as likely some players will leave but good look 

Cheers - reckon we're alright - we might lose two or three but frankly we were rebuilding anyway - we bought and sold five lads each last year, £30m spent and £30m recouped.... Reckon we have a firmer foundation now than last year, so we'll see - our fantastic recent recruitment record will need to come up trumps again...

As for the Toon, sorry lads, nothing personal - you just have the general "ticking time bomb" air - this year there were three weak teams to save you, but next year, I'm not sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure any team is a certainty for relegation in the Premier League anymore as let’s be honest aside from the top 9 or so teams any of the other 11 could realistically go down.

You have 3 “mini leagues“ in that division at the moment.

  1. Title chasers. Only 2 teams in it currently and will be next season.
  2. A group of about 7 teams that push for the European places. Always a surprise package as well so say 8 in total.
  3. Then nobody would be surprised if any of the remaining teams went down. I’ve said it before but the PL (Liverpool and Man City aside) is the weakest it’s been for a long time and there’s not a lot of difference between the bottom 10 in there and the top 10 in the Championship.

It’s a myth that the biggest gap in England is between the PL and Championship, L1 to Champ has a much bigger gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×