Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

10 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Apparently headlocks that prevent the opposition heading the ball are purely legal, how can someone sitting in a room with access to multiple cameras and angles get that decision wrong 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️, we're sounding like a broken record, but VAR is useless, also what the hell is Maguire thinking, worrying times at Man U and another result gained from fortune. (if a point is even a result) 

Considering the amount of points Man Utd have got through penalties in the last year I think you should be happy about VAR :P

23 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Considering the amount of points Man Utd have got through penalties in the last year I think you should be happy about VAR :P

I'm a football fan before I'm a Man United fan and VAR is ruining the beautiful game, if we get a penalty through VAR that is stonewall then yes it done its job, but when VAR award or don't award blatant fouls then it's soo frustrating and just puts a dampener on the match

7 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I'm a football fan before I'm a Man United fan and VAR is ruining the beautiful game, if we get a penalty through VAR that is stonewall then yes it done its job, but when VAR award or don't award blatant fouls then it's soo frustrating and just puts a dampener on the match

VAR is fantastic it's the idiots using it and the stupid rules limiting it that are the issue. Remove the stupid "obvious error" nonsense and let VAR referee the game with the on field ref looking at any big issues. The issue is VAR is protected by the obvious error trash and they don't want to step on the toes of the on field ref who has no accountability, especially now as they just hide behind VAR. 

You know things are off when Mike Ashley becomes the voice of reason. Wonder what will happen next, my moneys on Ali Dia to return for Southampton.

4 minutes ago, RichD said:

You know things are off when Mike Ashley becomes the voice of reason. Wonder what will happen next, my moneys on Ali Dia to return for Southampton.

I've seen alot say £10 is reasonable but I think that's still taking the piss, £5 I'd do without thinking about it tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've seen alot say £10 is reasonable but I think that's still taking the piss, £5 I'd do without thinking about it tbh. 

Yeah totally agree there mate, they’d get a lot more buyers with a £5, wouldn’t be surprised to see it changed soon, hopefully.

Just now, Foxy said:

Does he throw in a free big mug with every pair of shorts?

Haha, you ain’t a real man without one of those bad boys! 

8 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Well I’m a Fox so I go for this design classic instead.

Hide contents

80402BBF-E92B-4EA9-8FDB-E42E08211387.thumb.jpeg.07374c3e2f63649cded7c12766ce333a.jpeg

One for home and one for the work shed?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Haha, you ain’t a real man without one of those bad boys! 

My daughter bought me a new mug for my birthday but i had to get rid of my Sports Direct mug as a compromise! That mug had been dropped several times it was a beast. Sadly it is now in mug heaven. 😂

20 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

£50?! I can hardly even afford FMM 😭 literally took my whole week lunch money for it

He’s promised me loads of sweets as well though to be fair.

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_20201027_115954_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.bfeb53ac76fb2d70d3c455882630e8cd.jpg

That's still quite a lot, 39000 people would fill the majority of PL Stadiums, it's not my money, but people are stupid buying that crap, we need to protest with our wallets as they say

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

That's still quite a lot, 39000 people would fill the majority of PL Stadiums, it's not my money, but people are stupid buying that crap, we need to protest with our wallets as they say

I disagree, like you said it's around stadium amount which is shocking considerating this was wildly available to basically anyone with a TV. Stadiums are restricted to their allocation, this was available to millions and hardly anyone bothered. Doesn't BBC live matches reach a couple million usually? I know that's "free" but it's easily accessible. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

At £15 a pop the money being made on this by the time Sky/BT have had there cut is negligible and I can’t see it’s worth it to the clubs compared to the bad publicity it is generating.

£15 a month for all PL games would have every football fan in the country paying it and watching. £15 for a single game is a joke. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I disagree, like you said it's around stadium amount which is shocking considerating this was wildly available to basically anyone with a TV. Stadiums are restricted to their allocation, this was available to millions and hardly anyone bothered. Doesn't BBC live matches reach a couple million usually? I know that's "free" but it's easily accessible. 

Yeah good point mate, i still find it to be too many, but in context its really not much

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

At £15 a pop the money being made on this by the time Sky/BT have had there cut is negligible and I can’t see it’s worth it to the clubs compared to the bad publicity it is generating.

It's just over half a mil on average, per game, which yeah to PL clubs is a pretty minute amount, then as you say Sky and BT take their cut 

15 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

It's just over half a mil on average, per game, which yeah to PL clubs is a pretty minute amount,

That’s next to nothing when you consider how much a PL match ticket costs so it just furthers the point that on a PR level it’s not worth it. 

Tactically this is outstanding viewing, I just wish it was longer. Showing the thought process and tactics behind Trent and Robbo  

39 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Tactically this is outstanding viewing, I just wish it was longer. Showing the thought process and tactics behind Trent and Robbo  

Will give that a watch later, I’ve watched a lot of behind the scenes videos from Liverpool lately and it’s mostly been these two, they come across very well, Robertson seems a right laugh. Love them kind of videos, like seeing how players are outside of football.