Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

Recommended Posts

Rumours this morning Gomez might be out for the season! If he and VVD are out for the season that's one hell of a blow to us. That leaves is with Matip as our only senior CB until January which is insane. For the next month we've got no Trent, VVD and likely Gomez FFS. 

Whoever deals with injuries the best this season and gets lucky will win the league. Points will be dropped everywhere and it'll be a battle. How we do in my opinion comes down to how serious this Gomez injury is now. 

I suppose we could just return to the heavy metal football and blitz everyone 😂

The best defensive pair last year both potentially out for months. I want to cry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Rumours this morning Gomez might be out for the season! If he and VVD are out for the season that's one hell of a blow to us. That leaves is with Matip as our only senior CB until January which is insane. For the next month we've got no Trent, VVD and likely Gomez FFS. 

Whoever deals with injuries the best this season and gets lucky will win the league. Points will be dropped everywhere and it'll be a battle. How we do in my opinion comes down to how serious this Gomez injury is now. 

I suppose we could just return to the heavy metal football and blitz everyone 😂

The best defensive pair last year both potentially out for months. I want to cry. 

Who is more of a miss - Trent or VVD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Who is more of a miss - Trent or VVD?

VVD. He's a monster at everything and obviously out alot longer. 

Trent is a big blow though as the back up isn't there and he adds so much to us in an attacking sense. However this year we have Thiago and Jota so hopefully we won't miss him as much as we would have last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_20201112_115304_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.0b4e8d623f859e79681e2946a0dffcb9.jpg

That would be interesting, I did like him when he was with us, but I cannot see a club like Liverpool wanting him, especially as he didn’t even play that much for Watford in recent memory. I do still love Gini though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RichD said:

That would be interesting, I did like him when he was with us, but I cannot see a club like Liverpool wanting him, especially as he didn’t even play that much for Watford in recent memory. I do still love Gini though.

At this point we just need bodies at RB and CB tbf. Neco Williams was billed as Trent's understudy but he's struggled when he's featured this year. Then at CB after Matip we've Nat Phillips, Williams and some 17 year old. We're just short on numbers, especially as Fabinho was seen as the 4th CB or RB cover and he's currently injured and can't play 3 positions at once 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain Mason Mount to me? I don’t really watch much Chelsea and he never really stands out for England. Why do managers seemingly love him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob said:

Can someone explain Mason Mount to me? I don’t really watch much Chelsea and he never really stands out for England. Why do managers seemingly love him? 

I’ve always thought this, I can’t understand how he’s ahead of people like Grealish, Maddison and Barkley and Lampard seems to love him as well. As an outsider looking in as a Welshman, I’d say Southgate loves being over careful and I guess Mount works hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as Hendo isn't playing who cares! Wish people would boycott this bullshit. International friendlies or matches in general shouldn't be happening this season. 

Reports now that a Brazil lad has tested positive, Bobby and Ali are there. If we return to PL action without Ali, Trent, VVD and Gomez I'll scream!! Plenty of time for more to drop n all!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As long as Hendo isn't playing who cares! Wish people would boycott this bullshit. International friendlies or matches in general shouldn't be happening this season. 

Reports now that a Brazil lad has tested positive, Bobby and Ali are there. If we return to PL action without Ali, Trent, VVD and Gomez I'll scream!! Plenty of time for more to drop n all!! 

They are pointless, especially this season, why put players at an even higher risk of injury I don’t know. I’ve always been a big fan of Wales international, I go quite a bit home and away, but I find the friendlies so pointless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Reports now that a Brazil lad has tested positive, Bobby and Ali are there. If we return to PL action without Ali, Trent, VVD and Gomez I'll scream!! Plenty of time for more to drop n all!! 

A85BD1E5-EB5B-4326-848B-0657869BE6E5.thumb.jpeg.83d00103b8c251add61991b7682c8370.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overall product is definitely going to suffer because of all this greed and competing interests, but I'm already a little sick of the media hysteria around it now. As ever, people failed to think things through and raise issues at the relevant time. Now there's a lot of people being wise after the event. 

I did have some sympathy with Klopp and Guardiola's complaints last weekend, as it seems decisions were generally made by non-football executives with scant regard for their impact. However, Liverpool and Man City should be two of the best equipped to deal with all this, and you have to query how they can be so thin in cover.

My bees are struggling a bit, with our two most influential leaders (Jansson and Norgaard) out for 6-8 weeks, and a long- term injury to the backup of our one aging veteran Dalsgaard, who looks out on his feet. We were all relieved when this Danish mink crisis came up, meaning he'll get 10 days off now rather than international duty! 

But it looks like our main mistake was treating it as a normal season and allowing some young players to go out on loan. It made sense cos it'll help them develop - two 19yo midfielders and a 21yo defender in League One, a 20yo forward in the Dutch Eredivisie. But it means we only have a 22-man squad at HQ, one backup in each position, which is just not enough this season.

It is what it is, we just have to get on with it now. Another stoppage now would be..... unhelpful. But there's going to be a decent amount of luck involved in any competition victory, more than usual...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rob said:

Can someone explain Mason Mount to me? I don’t really watch much Chelsea and he never really stands out for England. Why do managers seemingly love him? 

Don't even get me started on Mount. He must have some proper dirt on Southgate to be starting every single game. 
It is widely considered amongst us Villa fans (and others tbh) that Southgate has some sort of personal vendetta against Grealish. 

How the man isnt starting in competition games, ill never know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Don't even get me started on Mount. He must have some proper dirt on Southgate to be starting every single game. 
It is widely considered amongst us Villa fans (and others tbh) that Southgate has some sort of personal vendetta against Grealish. 

How the man isnt starting in competition games, ill never know!

When I was a nipper I used to go and watch Saints as they were the nearest team. Jack reminds me so much of a modern day Le Tissier and he seems to be treated the same by the national side, yet other big countries would have him in their team no problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rob said:

When I was a nipper I used to go and watch Saints as they were the nearest team. Jack reminds me so much of a modern day Le Tissier and he seems to be treated the same by the national side, yet other big countries would have him in their team no problem!

Exactly, stats show he is the most inform english player in the league, was only second to KDB for most creative player last season, in terms of chances created etc. 

Got a MOTM against Wales, then frozen out for two games. 

Whenever Southgate gets asked about him, always manages to twist the answer back to Mason Mount. Its weird. 

I had Birmingham fans on my twitter after the Wales game, saying Grealish should be in the first team 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

a long- term injury to the backup of our one aging veteran Dalsgaard, who looks out on his feet. We were all relieved when this Danish mink crisis came up, meaning he'll get 10 days off now rather than international duty! 

I feel like I'm partially responsible for this development...

🇩🇰 After an exemption to quarantine was granted, our three Danish internationals will link up with their teams over the coming days

#BrentfordFC 

https://t.co/YIOMVxked2

🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob said:

Got to ask questions of Salah’s professionalism there. Klopp losing control of the dressing room?

In fairness he has a face mask under his chin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it wasn't for the international break he wouldn't have been in Egypt to begin with. Obviously I understand it's his brother's wedding and he's a human first but he's let everyone down there. 

He's put his family, and team mates at ITN and club level at risk. He's had a second positive test tonight apparently. He'll miss the Leicester and Atalanta game now. With two fixtures left who has can we be forced to be without 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If it wasn't for the international break he wouldn't have been in Egypt to begin with. Obviously I understand it's his brother's wedding and he's a human first but he's let everyone down there. 

He's put his family, and team mates at ITN and club level at risk. He's had a second positive test tonight apparently. He'll miss the Leicester and Atalanta game now. With two fixtures left who has can we be forced to be without 😭

Cancel the U23s fixtures, the first team needs them. But like you said, it's his brothers wedding, if it was me or most people out there, they would of done exactly what Mo done, it can be seen as reckless or selfish what he done but the human in me says fair play, family first no matter who you are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Cancel the U23s fixtures, the first team needs them. But like you said, it's his brothers wedding, if it was me or most people out there, they would of done exactly what Mo done, it can be seen as reckless or selfish what he done but the human in me says fair play, family first no matter who you are 

I think that'll be Klopp's take, obviously he'll be furious at the same time but Klopp is always talking about the human factor. The only way I foresee an issue is if he was refused permission to attend by the club and went anyway which I dunno if they'd do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Cancel the U23s fixtures, the first team needs them. But like you said, it's his brothers wedding, if it was me or most people out there, they would of done exactly what Mo done, it can be seen as reckless or selfish what he done but the human in me says fair play, family first no matter who you are 

But he’s put other people’s family NOT first, which makes him a selfish twat surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rob said:

But he’s put other people’s family NOT first, which makes him a selfish twat surely?

Tbf I don't know when his last test were, he easily could have caught it in Liverpool before heading out. Or how long it took to show positive and all that. Still a pointless risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×