Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Seems a tad extreme no? Last year we had hardly any injury issues outside of a couple injury prone lads (Oxlade, Matip, Shaq, Gomez and Naby). The consistency of our starting XI was one of our strongest aspects and they've ran themselves into the ground in the last two years. 

This year we've had multiple Covid, a few bad challenges, the odd muscle injury from no pre season and just some bad luck. If VVD and Gomez were fit noone would be talking about it as much, both were just unlucky. I said the other day Robbo has played the most mins in world football in 2020, he must be exhausted. I'll admit we could have protected a few of them alittle more than we have but honestly I've never once questioned our backroom staff relating to injuries since Klopp has been in. In fact alot of our players seem to get injured the second they leave our team and join up at ITN level, look at Gomez, Naby and now Robbo as examples. This is Gomez' second major injury which happened during an ITN call up. 

Our medical team has been put together and assembled as we've gone on under Klopp as we've poached people from Bayern, Arsenal and others iirc. Maybe it's all talk but Klopp is always discussing the medical team making calls on players and how their reports help pick his teams. Admittedly the physio is an explayer and not some leading expert but obviously he's qualified and the like. 

Unfortunately this spell has just hit us incredibly hard which just happens, just how we went basically two seasons without any major injuries across the pitch. It's only news as its basically wiped out our back four, otherwise there is no story there. One was "an awkward fall" in ITN training, god knows what happened to Robbo but on ITN duty, a horror tackle on VVD and the calf issue Trent picked up last time out. Add the 4/5 lads that caught covid and you have a crisis. 

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Seems a tad extreme no? Last year we had hardly any injury issues outside of a couple injury prone lads (Oxlade, Matip, Shaq, Gomez and Naby). The consistency of our starting XI was one of our strongest aspects and they've ran themselves into the ground in the last two years. 

This year we've had multiple Covid, a few bad challenges, the odd muscle injury from no pre season and just some bad luck. If VVD and Gomez were fit noone would be talking about it as much, both were just unlucky. I said the other day Robbo has played the most mins in world football in 2020, he must be exhausted. I'll admit we could have protected a few of them alittle more than we have but honestly I've never once questioned our backroom staff relating to injuries since Klopp has been in. In fact alot of our players seem to get injured the second they leave our team and join up at ITN level, look at Gomez, Naby and now Robbo as examples. This is Gomez' second major injury which happened during an ITN call up. 

Our medical team has been put together and assembled as we've gone on under Klopp as we've poached people from Bayern, Arsenal and others iirc. Maybe it's all talk but Klopp is always discussing the medical team making calls on players and how their reports help pick his teams. Admittedly the physio is an explayer and not some leading expert but obviously he's qualified and the like. 

Unfortunately this spell has just hit us incredibly hard which just happens, just how we went basically two seasons without any major injuries across the pitch. It's only news as its basically wiped out our back four, otherwise there is no story there. One was "an awkward fall" in ITN training, god knows what happened to Robbo but on ITN duty, a horror tackle on VVD and the calf issue Trent picked up last time out. Add the 4/5 lads that caught covid and you have a crisis. 

Hardly none injury... 35 injuries from around 16 players. That is half of the squad had at leat 10 day off due to injuries.

And blaming more on int games seems off as the staff knows the matches list way ahead so the players must be prepared to be in shape and safe for every period. If you put the on stress without keeping an eye on int games is the clubs fault, not the UEFA, FIFA or FA. 

Edited by George Traistă
16 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Hardly none injury... 35 injuries from around 16 players. That is half of the squad had at leat 10 day off due to injuries.

And blaming more on int games seems off as the staff knows the matches list way ahead so the players must be prepared to be in shape and safe for every period. If you put the on stress without keeping an eye on int games is the clubs fault, not the UEFA, FIFA or FA. 

Are players who didn't feature like Clyne and Brewster included? Shaq, Matip and Oxlade missed chunks but they're injury prone. Every club has knocks and scrapes but mostly we've kept the front three and 3 of the back 4 solid. Alisson is one I have questions about though as he does like an injury unfortunately. Maybe Naby too but he's constantly being called up to ITN duty when not being fit. 

Then how many of these injuries are even preventable? I remember Salah took a bad challenge last year, as did Fabinho which led to mins missed. How could we prevent VVD or Gomez this year? Hell Thiago was assaulted in the same match as VVD. 

No chance, the club's pay the fees and the players wages and they make the game what it is, the club's should be selfish and imo I wish LFC blocked anyone going on ITN. ITN should have been cancelled this season as all its doing is adding to the stress and fatigue the players are dealing with and spreading Covid. The fact the game is too money hungry to do the right thing is sickening tbh, and that's on Uefa and FIFA. I'll admit I'm biased as tournaments aside I hate ITN football but this season especially, it's just unneeded. A tournament in the summer will be a shit show. The same goes for the Champions League and Europa League, I love the CL like nothing else but it shouldn't be happening this season. 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Are players who didn't feature like Clyne and Brewster included? Shaq, Matip and Oxlade missed chunks but they're injury prone. Every club has knocks and scrapes but mostly we've kept the front three and 3 of the back 4 solid. Alisson is one I have questions about though as he does like an injury unfortunately. Maybe Naby too but he's constantly being called up to ITN duty when not being fit. 

Then how many of these injuries are even preventable? I remember Salah took a bad challenge last year, as did Fabinho which led to mins missed. How could we prevent VVD or Gomez this year? Hell Thiago was assaulted in the same match as VVD. 

No chance, the club's pay the fees and the players wages and they make the game what it is, the club's should be selfish and imo I wish LFC blocked anyone going on ITN. ITN should have been cancelled this season as all its doing is adding to the stress and fatigue the players are dealing with and spreading Covid. The fact the game is too money hungry to do the right thing is sickening tbh, and that's on Uefa and FIFA. I'll admit I'm biased as tournaments aside I hate ITN football but this season especially, it's just unneeded. A tournament in the summer will be a shit show. The same goes for the Champions League and Europa League, I love the CL like nothing else but it shouldn't be happening this season. 

I don't recon seeing Clyne and Brewster on that list. I remember Alison having two injuries and Adrian one. I think only Firmino wasn't on the list. 

Yes, there are injury prone players and those should have special training regime and the staff should give the green light only when they are sure about them, so they will have less stress on the body. 

Many injuries are preventable, not the one like VVD but a lot can be prevented if they train the right muscles, more than half of the knee injuries are due because the upper leg muscles are trained incorrectly.

About the wages and player not playing, I understand but... in order to play in the PL you need to be part of the FA and the FA is part of the UEFA so, if clubs don't want players to have a go on int games, go ahead and make their own league... I'LL DO MY OWN LEAGUE, WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS 🤣. And clubs get some money from FIFA and UEFA for the days players are out for int games, not much compared with some wages but still, again, if you don't want, make your own league.

Andnis also the matter that many players will give more on int games, they feel pride for playing under the flag more than playing for a big club so they will fight harder and combined with the fact that they make also bigger effort because they have different team mates and different system, you get som injuries.

This year is a little bit different but that won't make up for the amount of unforced injuries Liverpool and City have, the staff as a whole is not a doing a great job and the stress on players is bigger, you have a schedule and you need to train and play your players accordingly so you will have the best results with the lowest damage possible. 

Edited by George Traistă

4 first team players injured or made unavailable on ITN duty yet Liverpool are to blame 😛

I wonder who we'll have left after the last utterly pointless match.

Seen England are paying us £2m for the Gomez injury. So we can't use a £50-60+m CB for the season but £2m is the insurance 😂

Oh well we're only playing against Vardy next with a makeshift back 4 😂😂😂

I just took a look at the staff on Liverpool website and it looks like both first team physiotherapist are new, joining the club in 2020. The other physio is from 2016 but only started to work with the first team in 2019. The same thing goes with the masseur (2020), team doctor (2020), one of fitness coaches and the asistent (both 2019). All in all, 8 out of 11 related with physical training and physio are new or relatively new in the staff (2019 or 2020)

5 hours ago, George Traistă said:

Yes, there are injury prone players and those should have special training regime and the staff should give the green light only when they are sure about them, so they will have less stress on the body. 

Klopp doesn’t believe in individual programmes in general. I’ve heard him mention players coming back to fitness and him mentioning, seeing how they do in training as to whether they’ll be in contention to start. I think he expects all players to be able to train the same way at the same intensity.

As an example, Craig Bellamy had knee issues so would train in a different way to many in the squad at city under Hughes but Mancini came in and that suddenly wasn’t acceptable, or at least it wasn’t if Bellamy wanted to actually play a lot.

It’s one of those arguments that I see both sides but I won’t be going all out on klopp and his beliefs at this stage for obvious reasons. 

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Klopp doesn’t believe in individual programmes in general. I’ve heard him mention players coming back to fitness and him mentioning, seeing how they do in training as to whether they’ll be in contention to start. I think he expects all players to be able to train the same way at the same intensity.

As an example, Craig Bellamy had knee issues so would train in a different way to many in the squad at city under Hughes but Mancini came in and that suddenly wasn’t acceptable, or at least it wasn’t if Bellamy wanted to actually play a lot.

It’s one of those arguments that I see both sides but I won’t be going all out on klopp and his beliefs at this stage for obvious reasons. 

I think the pressure on managers to get things done and deliver is high and some won't let the long recover take place as they need those big money players to play, not just spend a fortune and fee and wages to sit at home on gameday. 

The problem is that with some players can work like that if the damage is not that bad or he didn't turn into an injury prone already and some won't work and this can turn around like a bumerang. And also it will affect the player career, and the player doesn't have the knowledge or the power to overturn the manager and staff decision. This is the football right now, is about the money in the end. 

10 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

So, whos going to be heading to manage Wrexham on the new FMM then.....

imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e99684811039005189_wrexhamtakeover.thumb.png.a4fd1867ecf3a59ce53ee873dbb6a12c.png

Link to the actual article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54956962

Madness, I love It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia with Rob McElhenney, up there with my favourite shows. Also love Ryan Reynolds, plus I’m Welsh, so I will be managing them 😁

I’m being serious here, and not trolling, and I know his teams play pretty football, but Pep seems to escape any kind of judgement. His City team have done nothing in Europe and they’ve had one awesome league performance. With all the money he’s spent he can’t build a defence and he seems to have no plan B when a team sets up cleverly against him. 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m being serious here, and not trolling, and I know his teams play pretty football, but Pep seems to escape any kind of judgement. His City team have done nothing in Europe and they’ve had one awesome league performance. With all the money he’s spent he can’t build a defence and he seems to have no plan B when a team sets up cleverly against him. 

Tiki Taka Rob.....its piss boring!

He needs to sort his shit out and i think it stinks of arrogance abit tbh.

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

Klopp broke him the other year, he's never been the same. 

I did say though Jose is the one to watch this season 

50 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Klopp broke him the other year, he's never been the same. 

I did say though Jose is the one to watch this season 

Agree....i think Spurs will push Liverpool this year with Chelsea my dark horses.

19 minutes ago, Woody said:

Agree....i think Spurs will push Liverpool this year with Chelsea my dark horses.

In a scrapy season with everything in the air there is no-one better than Jose at being boring and grinding it out. Injuries permitting they've one hell of a chance. 

Obviously I still fancy us but Spurs have a tough run now and we've got to get to January with one CB. I think we'll know everything by Xmas. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Liverpool for me - don't fancy Jose or Lamps as managers. Obv a bit tricky for the pool without defenders, though...

If we had VVD and Gomez I'd be very confident tbh. 

This could be an exciting race for the title, for me it could be any of Liverpool, Tottenham or Chelsea. Depends how Liverpool respond to the injuries, this has a Mourinho season written all over it, he must be thriving at this. And I want Bale to win the premier league.

As for Pep, I totally agree @Rob he doesn’t seem to come under the same judgment as others, I have a friend who’s a Man City fan and he’s pretty critical of him, doesn’t seem like there’s ever a plan b, he’s had some great teams and been lucky in ways imo.

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If we had VVD and Gomez I'd be very confident tbh. 

I will grant yous Eric Bailly as an emergency loan if you want, although you may find him joining VVD and Gomez on the sick bench from day one 😠😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

This could be an exciting race for the title, for me it could be any of Liverpool, Tottenham or Chelsea. Depends how Liverpool respond to the injuries, this has a Mourinho season written all over it, he must be thriving at this. And I want Bale to win the premier league.

As for Pep, I totally agree @Rob he doesn’t seem to come under the same judgment as others, I have a friend who’s a Man City fan and he’s pretty critical of him, doesn’t seem like there’s ever a plan b, he’s had some great teams and been lucky in ways imo.

Ian Wright was spot on for once in a blue moon last night on MOTD, City's pressing game that made them so successful just doesnt seem to be there anymore, they used to strangle teams and dominate possession at the same time, but now they just play keep ball and when that doesn't work, they look lost, maybe teams have figured them out? or maybe fatigue? I'm not sure, they still play some beautiful football, but if it doesn't get results, then it's pretty useless

12 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Ian Wright was spot on for once in a blue moon last night on MOTD, City's pressing game that made them so successful just doesnt seem to be there anymore, they used to strangle teams and dominate possession at the same time, but now they just play keep ball and when that doesn't work, they look lost, maybe teams have figured them out? or maybe fatigue? I'm not sure, they still play some beautiful football, but if it doesn't get results, then it's pretty useless

Yeah I think the game constantly develops and changes and his method of play, which is great, is being figured out a bit and not working as consistently as it once did, saying that they need a fully fit Aguero, gives them a bit of a ruthless edge in front of goal, he’s not getting any younger though, they could do with a someone, who that could be, I’m not sure.

13 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Personally I think City and Pep's problem is they got lazy with player signings. They stopped making shrewed signings like James Milner and instead signed big names for big money, even their back up full backs are £50 odd million each. 

I wouldn't say it's as bad as Real Madrid or Barca but it's got a feeling of that about it. Just throw money at the problem in hope instead of finding the right player regardless of the cost. 

I don't see the sense in all their signings like I do with Klopps, every player Klopp has brought in was for a reason, everyone had a role and targets were identified for a reason. 

Admittedly he caught alot of us off guard but why wasn't City after Jota? Why wasn't Fabinho their Fernandinho replacement? 

I think that's a big thing tbf, City play the 2 creative midfielders Infront of Rodri who's nowhere near as good as Fernandinho. While we play the grafters to allow the fullbacks and attackers to attack. City are just wide open now with Rodri not being all that with over priced fullbacks.