Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211007-070351__01.thumb.jpg.8cdf2880f44a21eceda8db0d8f2acb39.jpg

I think things have progressed quickly .... It really does look like being announced today!

Would be a nice team to manage on FM 22 after all :Dย 

40 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Seen Rodgers thrown around for Newcastle, now that could be interesting.ย 

I'd take anyone over Bruce, doubt Rodgers would leave Leicester, I BEG THEY BRING IN CONTE!ย 

added 0 minutes later
28 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Would be a nice team to manage on FM 22 after all :Dย 

I mainly play the PC game these days but I agree hugely good save, especially if we get decent budgets!

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Question, why are you using light mode?

Never even knew there was a light or dark mode, just switched, thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ˜‚

The thing that Iโ€™m very happy about on top of new owners now is the fact we will now keep ASM, I love that boy ๐Ÿ˜

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Never even knew there was a light or dark mode, just switched, thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ˜‚

The thing that Iโ€™m very happy about on top of new owners now is the fact we will now keep ASM, I love that boy ๐Ÿ˜

ASM as Newcastle captain in the future ๐Ÿ˜

31 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

ASM as Newcastle captain in the future ๐Ÿ˜

The city, not the football team. Just wandering around ordering people to do stuff like tidy up and get a fresh coffee, stack the shelves a bit neater.

For a bit of fun lads, Newcastle with silly yet reasonable money. Who'd you sign and what manager would you go get first window? Let's say ยฃ200m which is around where your United's, Chelsea and the like are usually.ย 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

For a bit of fun lads, Newcastle with silly yet reasonable money. Who'd you sign and what manager would you go get first window? Let's say ยฃ200m which is around where your United's, Chelsea and the like are usually.ย 

Manager defo Conteย 

Id being raiding Barca as they are in the mud financially.ย 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Iโ€™d be happy with a variety of managers, but I like the Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag or Ruben Amorim from Sporting (read good things) but yeah Conte would be great as well.ย 
ย 

The signings though thatโ€™s where Iโ€™m stuck, hard to know but I know we need to improve everywhere anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Iโ€™d be happy with a variety of managers, but I like the Ajax manager Erik Ten Hag or Ruben Amorim from Sporting (read good things) but yeah Conte would be great as well.ย 
ย 

The signings though thatโ€™s where Iโ€™m stuck, hard to know but I know we need to improve everywhere anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚

Shhh lads but Mbappe is joining in the summer ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿป

32 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Manager defo Conteย 

Id being raiding Barca as they are in the mud financially.ย 

Coutinho seems the ideal headline grabbing signing.ย 

Don't know why but Calvert-Lewin is also really sticking out to me. Some cash and Wilson and you might get Rafa's attention but I doubt it ๐Ÿ˜‚. Dunno why that's sticking in my mind though, likely because he's in the Shearer style ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

I was also thinking Bissouma but yikes has that gone out the window this morning.

That defence and midfield needs so much work though ๐Ÿ˜‚. RB, CM, DMC and CB come to my mind.ย 

If you got Conte in and with Inter's issues I wonder if you could take advantage :o.ย 

Just now, Ashez said:

Coutinho seems the ideal headline grabbing signing.ย 

Don't know why but Calvert-Lewin is also really sticking out to me. Some cash and Wilson and you might get Rafa's attention but I doubt it ๐Ÿ˜‚. Dunno why that's sticking in my mind though, likely because he's in the Shearer style ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

That defence and midfield needs so much work though ๐Ÿ˜‚. RB, CM, DMC and CB come to my mind.ย 

If you got Conte in and with Inter's issues I wonder if you could take advantage :o.ย 

We were linked with coutinho last year when the news first broke as our statement signingย 

I did want Mourinho but that ships sailed now he's at Roma, DCL is a shout, I love Wilson but he's often injured l.

The whole squad needs a rebuild but this will be a gradual process but yes I have been wanting us to get Conte for a whileย 

5 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We were linked with coutinho last year when the news first broke as our statement signingย 

I did want Mourinho but that ships sailed now he's at Roma, DCL is a shout, I love Wilson but he's often injured l.

The whole squad needs a rebuild but this will be a gradual process but yes I have been wanting us to get Conte for a whileย 

Id keep the core players though ASM, Almiron, Dubravka and possibly Lascelles but everyone else is cannon fodder now. @Ashezย is right it need a total revamp but the training ground needs bringing up to speed as its the worst in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Id keep the core players though ASM, Almiron, Dubravka and possibly Lascelles but everyone else is cannon fodder now. @Ashezย is right it need a total revamp but the training ground needs bringing up to speed as its the worst in the Prem.

Agree with you 100% , no more wheelie bins as ice baths, stadium needs a glow up too. This is massiveย 

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

I looked through the squad and those were the only ones I thought didn't need replacing haha.ย 

Almiron I was hesitant on as he's hardly set the world alight, I do like a grafter though. It depends if you go for stepping stone signings or if you can get the big boys right away. Say do you sign a Zaha or a Coutinho now to build, or could you get in someone who's the level above and younger or has the potential to be like Sarr from Watford.

Zaha striker ASMย 

That could be electric if you get the right striker in. But the attack is the big money and it's your midfield I think needs the biggest rebuild as it has hardly anything. Neves maybe? I dunno but I think you'd have to look outside the Prem. Personally as I've said before I love a solid DMC as I think that's the massive point swinging position next to a goal scorer but I dunno who you could get now. I love Ndidi but he'd cost a fortune and it's likely out of reach.ย 

I think it'll be a case of 1 big signing, but then maybe 2 or 3 "squad players" but they won't be big names.

It might be more a case of who can we move on? The likes of Clark, Kendrick, Shelvey, Fernandez, Fraser and Gayle need to be moved on as a priority and who ever we move on needs to be replaced with someone in the right area.

I'd say a CD, FBs for either side , maybe a ball playing CM, a striker. So essentially a whole new team...

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I looked through the squad and those were the only ones I thought didn't need replacing haha.ย 

Almiron I was hesitant on as he's hardly set the world alight, I do like a grafter though. It depends if you go for stepping stone signings or if you can get the big boys right away. Say do you sign a Zaha or a Coutinho now to build, or could you get in someone who's the level above and younger or has the potential to be like Sarr from Watford.

Zaha striker ASMย 

That could be electric if you get the right striker in. But the attack is the big money and it's your midfield I think needs the biggest rebuild as it has hardly anything. Neves maybe? I dunno but I think you'd have to look outside the Prem. Personally as I've said before I love a solid DMC as I think that's the massive point swinging position next to a goal scorer but I dunno who you could get now. I love Ndidi but he'd cost a fortune and it's likely out of reach.ย 

Almiron is a funny one as he is an out n out number 10 but Bruce plays him of the left or in CM which is probably why his form has dipped. I doblive the lad though.

I forgot Willock.....he needs a propper midfielder next to him though.

Wenger in as a Director Of Football would be a shout!ย 

Im thinking they might go for someone to steady the ship until the end of the season Howe or Jones maybe and then go for a headline manager.

Tho fingers crossed Conte comes inย 

2 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Damn it! It's midnight on a week day... I need to sleep!

Stay awake think there's going to be an announcement soon!!ย 

Shocked and saddened this is going ahead.ย 

Disgusting that foreign investors can chuck a load of money in and make a club competitive over night.ย 

Where were your fans when you were broke?

Any trophy won from here on will be worthless and other fans will rightly ridicule you.ย 

I for one will be constantly crunching the numbers ready to rub in how much your future team cost when Newcastle lose to a far cheaper team.ย 

Why can't you be more like the mighty Liverpool. They do things the right way, they are still only spending the Coutinho money although they are down to the last ยฃ728m of that now.ย 

ย 

/TongueOutOfCheek

ย 

7 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Disgusting that foreign investors can chuck a load of money in and make a club competitive over night.ย 

Any trophy won from here on will be worthless and other fans will rightly ridicule you.ย 

I for one will be constantly crunching the numbers ready to rub in how much your future team cost when Newcastle lose to a far cheaper team.ย 

Why can't you be more like the mighty Liverpool. They do things the right way, they are still only spending the Coutinho money although they are down to the last ยฃ728m of that now.ย 

ย 

/TongueOutOfCheek

ย 

Were you whining when City and Chelsea got bucket loads?ย 

10 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

ย 

/TongueOutOfCheek

ย 

I was just thinking the same thing Billy and was just about to come on and post something similar, so youโ€™ve saved me about five minutesย :D

In all seriousness, are these owners definitely going to proper hammer the money in?

Seems a yes by the way everyone is talking but their wealth doesnโ€™t guarantee that they will, so Iโ€™m assuming theyโ€™ve kind of confirmed it?

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

I was just thinking the same thing Billy and was just about to come on and post something similar, so youโ€™ve saved me about five minutesย :D

In all seriousness, are these owners definitely going to proper hammer the money in?

Seems a yes by the way everyone is talking but their wealth doesnโ€™t guarantee that they will, so Iโ€™m assuming theyโ€™ve kind of confirmed it?

They've said it's a long term project. There's no way too level players would come to the training ground and agree... Ffs they have ice baths in wheelie bins!