Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 hours ago, Rob said:

But Ashley kept them afloat and passed them to wealth. At least he didn’t get rid of the goldfish.

The only thing i cant knock him for.

Edited by Woody

Plenty in football at the higher levels don’t pay any taxes at all despite earning millions, City of London and all that. So, when they start preaching about certain issues of the world I just switch off as it’s as fake as fake can get. I suppose they’re role models as is often said but that means nothing to me as I watch them purely for their footballing ability.

Let’s see whether there’ll be much of a push back against the World Cup next year. 

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Trying having a chairman who sells your land to property developers that effectively means your club is land-locked and beholden to others, then you may realise that Ashley isn’t the worst person to ever grace planet Earth. Compared to lower league football the guy is a saint living in a world of bandits.

He did.

He literally sold the only bit of land on which the stadium could expand.

One side is grade 1 listed housing, one side is a main road, one side is directly above a metro station and so can't expand as it's not strong enough. The other side, he sold the land.

I agree he wasn't the worst. But all he did was make us "stable". There was no desire to ever be better than we were. To just exist in the Premier league was the entire mandate.

Here's an article not behind a paywall about pre and during Ashley. Yes it's from a Newcastle fan blog, but I don't think it's overly biased.

https://true-faith.co.uk/the-failing-business-mike-ashley-has-imposed-upon-newcastle-united/

Also, here's an article from 2020 about how Staveley wanted to get around some of the issues at St James and expand the stadium.

Current

0_SJPexistingJPG.jpg.0d69aab6dc0271d15fc71afd5a162c1f.jpg

Future

0_sjpnewJPG.jpg.4c6281299688f0d43c2dff2e9626f285.jpg

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-ingenious-plan-turn-st-16138611

Edited by geordiekrispy
12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Mike Ashley to Derby???!! :O

Yeah seen that earlier, be a bit mad if he goes back in to football! 

On 07/10/2021 at 21:02, Ashez said:

Stuff like this is all I could find 

Screenshot_20211007_210045_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8bf9f58a16949d7722b7a73a7b32a5ed.jpg

But I've seen no mention of him this time around so I have no idea 😂. I've not followed it closely at all but reports like that would explain the confusion. 

Looks like that's completely separate. 

Easy to see how people can be confused/duped depending on what main stream media they get their info from. Those media outlets are not backwards in coming forward when they have an agender to push. 

I'm happy with the City owners. 

But I also use like to leave politics aside. There are very few fan owner of clubs these days so I personally choose not to go down that warren hole. 

Good luck to a Newcastle, you deserve some exciting times ahead. 

I personally think Ashley was pretty shit. Fair enough you could say the club didn’t go to complete ruin under him but they were still very much pushing the top teams when he arrived and apart from a brief spell in the early 10’s, they haven’t done since. I live up here as I’ve said and it’s clear from talking to people over the years that he made everything about the club toxic. I’m talking about people doing work for the club etc, just toxic, I’m not even a Newcastle fan but I can’t say I’m not glad he’s gone. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

I personally think Ashley was pretty shit. Fair enough you could say the club didn’t go to complete ruin under him but they were still very much pushing the top teams when he arrived and apart from a brief spell in the early 10’s, they haven’t done since. I live up here as I’ve said and it’s clear from talking to people over the years that he made everything about the club toxic. I’m talking about people doing work for the club etc, just toxic, I’m not even a Newcastle fan but I can’t say I’m not glad he’s gone. 

Do you think it’s better that Newcastle are ran by the new mob then? With their human rights? Or does the conspiracy-theory and human-judging only matter when it’s suits your own agenda Ian?

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Do you think it’s better that Newcastle are ran by the new mob then? With their human rights? Or does the conspiracy-theory and human-judging only matter when it’s suits your own agenda Ian?

And you’re not unhappy about the Newcastle takeover apparently 😂

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Can people not be happy that Ashley has gone and that the club was a toxic environment and had been neglected to a point that the training ground and academy resemble something from league 1, 5 years ago?

That doesn't mean we can't be conflicted that out new owners answer to a country that has less that stellar history in terms of the way it treats other humans.

Will you be watching the world cup next year? But that is being classed as whataboutism.

It's not hiding our heads in the sand. It's a case of what exactly do you think we can do about it?

Most Newcastle fans are born and bred from the area, if you speak to any of the former players and managers. It's not just an activity that people do once a week. It's like a religion. Yes I know the same can be said for a lot of club's fans. But with Newcastle it's something different. There's no other club in the city to split supporters.

The likely hood of someone deciding to not support a club thats ingrained in the area and lives of people so much is going to be slim. I can imagine some people will decide that enough is enough, but the vast majority won't. There are people who walked away due to Ashley's stewardship of the club, they're coming back in droves because the club and city now has a level of hope and energy that hasn't been there since Bobby Robson was manager.

If your club was taken over by the same consortium, would you walk away? That's a genuine question. Anyone who is asking/demanding that Newcastle fans walk away from their club now, they need to ask themselves if they would give it up?

Football is football, no matter who is chairman, fans will always be there a through thick and thin, alot of English clubs have been run into the ground, mainly with them not knowing anything about football. The same thing happened with Salford and Wrexham. These things happen, as a true Yorkshireman, I know what football is all about, you have your ups and downs along the way, money is money, and unfortunately in this game now, you need money, no matter where it comes from 

8 hours ago, Rob said:

Oh Robert i do love you.

The human rights thing is bad i get it but seeing as its now proven that the Saudi state has nothing to do with the take over, the human rights scenario shouldnt be brought into it. 

Who knows if the new owners will prove better...all we see as fans is numbers(which aint right tbh).

All we can say is as of right now its better than Ashley being in control.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

In a roundabout way what you are saying is practically the same as the point I made earlier.

I may even change my mind about this later, as I have done about plenty of other things and that’s just how it is as I’m very much not perfect.

7 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211010-132822__01.thumb.jpg.592201d447a71edbfe3ed17c7cbb9305.jpg

42261829_Screenshot_20211009-2239162.thumb.jpg.996be6373a78d12912416f587fed9e12.jpg

I will just leave these here.

That is pretty much the only time I have ever agreed with Piers Morgan.

I still couldn't bring myself to like or retweet the tweet...

15 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

How newcastle will line up next season!!!!

Screenshot_20211012-205100_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Only thing that worries me is that Lascelles is being used as BPD 😂

Screenshot_20211013-163745__01.thumb.jpg.5e89fe312d82135653d79c11e758b53d.jpg

Cant see it happening myself but if Rodgers leaves Leicester who have finished 5th the last couple seasons then he will have been sold a very good vision and been promised some big investment. Leicester are a settled club with good players and good facilities and we will be a project. Still want Conte but definitely wouldn't say no to Rodgers coming in.

18 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Cant see it happening myself but if Rodgers leaves Leicester who have finished 5th the last couple seasons then he will have been sold a very good vision and been promised some big investment. Leicester are a settled club with good players and good facilities and we will be a project. Still want Conte but definitely wouldn't say no to Rodgers coming in.

I’d be happy to see him come in, would be a big upgrade on Bruce and like you said if he does he will have been promised a lot of backing I’m sure, exciting times. 

Also with Campos from Lille looking like he may come in as sporting director, he’s done a great job at Lille and Monaco previously.

28 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We are batting above ourselves if we think Conte will come. Its too much too soon.

Rodgers is a more likely appointment but he is settled at Leicester and tbh id be suprised if he accepted to come.

For me we need some who can keep us up but with potential to grow with the rest of the club. Maybe a Gerrard or Potter.

24 minutes ago, Woody said:

We are batting above ourselves if we think Conte will come. Its too much too soon.

Rodgers is a more likely appointment but he is settled at Leicester and tbh id be suprised if he accepted to come.

For me we need some who can keep us up but with potential to grow with the rest of the club. Maybe a Gerrard or Potter.

Yeah I’m not even thinking about Conte personally.

Rodgers, Gerrard or Potter are my top 3 and I’d be very happy with any of them. Hopefully some movement in the next week or so 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

This accunt says Rodgers is out of the “mix”.

This is who Newcastle should go for to shake things up a bit at the club.

Reveal hidden contents

7EE452EB-8A1D-44EA-BF1C-6F5D58A39187.jpeg.afcc183de411ac73c5d3e02166835dfb.jpeg

We have Martin O’Neil to come after Steve Bruce and then on to Paolo.

4 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Go get Graham then prepare for the exciting times ahead.

Graham Norton is someone I’d be happy with tbh.