Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

22 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Bring shearer back as assistant or coach!!!! Would be ace that, his training abilities would massively help Newcastle.

Steady on, I’ve only just stopped laughing about the last time he was in their dugout 🤣

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Steady on, I’ve only just stopped laughing about the last time he was in their dugout 🤣

Behave ya self.

5 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

This accunt says Rodgers is out of the “mix”.

This is who Newcastle should go for to shake things up a bit at the club.

Reveal hidden contents

7EE452EB-8A1D-44EA-BF1C-6F5D58A39187.jpeg.afcc183de411ac73c5d3e02166835dfb.jpeg

Lampard. Every non-Newcastle fans would love to see him again.

I think we'll need someone more proven than Lampard or Gerrard to help steady the ship. Rodgers would have been good, but he's not going to leave Leicester.

Someone who's got experience in the Premier League would be good, along with someone who is happy to start the rebuild but doesn't expect to be challenging for major trophies in a couple of years.

Actually, the more I think about it... Lampard seems like a fairly decent fit... He's not going to stay for ages, as we'll get someone better in 3-4 years. He knows the league. But he's not particularly good... That's where someone like Howe would be better.

Mo Salah is a joy to watch, how he’s not more talked about as the best player in the world at the moment is beyond me, what a player.

That second half performance from Brentford was outstanding. Chelsea very lucky to get the win there. Brentford are easily my favorite team to watch.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Mo Salah is a joy to watch, how he’s not more talked about as the best player in the world at the moment is beyond me, what a player.

He's unreal and has been for years, it's crazy how underrated he is. 

Having the old front three all score and dominate today was a thing of beauty! Salah with a wonder goal and a silky assist, Mane cool as you like and Bobby with a hat trick. What a day. 

Mane and Bobby especially seem to have benefitted alot from the return of fans. 

6 hours ago, Rich said:

Not sure about best in the world but yeah, would take him over, say, Lukaku or Mbappe every day, guy's really good. 

I hate the fact that the Newcastle v Spurs game kicks off at 23:30 for me, I cannot justify staying up that late when I've got to be up like 6 hours later to go to work...

And I reckon we're going to lose, it'll be a great atmosphere at the start. Just wonder if the crowd will turn at any point if we're getting hammered...

I really hope who ever needed medical help in the crowd is ok.

We need an extra man in midfield. Spurs are having it way too easy. Dont need 5 at the back.

26 minutes ago, Woody said:

I really hope who ever needed medical help in the crowd is ok.

We need an extra man in midfield. Spurs are having it way too easy. Dont need 5 at the back.

We're playing 4-3-3. We don't have 5 at the back.

The 3 in midfield have been woeful without the ball. Trying to win the ball when they're nowhere near close enough to their players. These Spurs boys are far too good in tight situations and when you dive in they'll pick you off and it just creates so much space.

Thoughts with the person in the crowd 🙏

12 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

The 3 in midfield have been woeful without the ball. Trying to win the ball when they're nowhere near close enough to their players. These Spurs boys are far too good in tight situations and when you dive in they'll pick you off and it just creates so much space.

When I was looking at who I thought Newcastle could sign the issue I ran into straight away is Newcastle just don't have a midfield. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thoughts with the person in the crowd 🙏

When I was looking at who I thought Newcastle could sign the issue I ran into straight away is Newcastle just don't have a midfield. 

We actually do. Not top level, of course. They're being played as a flat 3 no matter if we have 4 or 5 at the back. They're being asked to be everywhere. If we play 5 at the back our wider 2 of the 3 are expected to cover opposing wingbacks getting forward as well as cover opposition MF's, which is barmy. Now we're playing 4 at the back you'd think they would have set roles. Hayden would be a perfect holding CM, Longstaff or Shelvey as either another holding player or a bit further forward and Willock has such an engine he could be a box to boxer. The way Bruce seems to use them is all 3 being box to boxers and no real structure to it if one or two go forward then the other MUST stay and sit. Or if one or both full backs are forward then at least one CM must stay back. Alot of this comes down to the players but if they're not regimented in their roles then it'll be chaos, which 99% of the time is the case. They're not World beaters but if applied properly could easily do a job.

We need defenders. I love Ritchie, I really do but hes not even a defender. Clark is not good enough. Manquillo is OK but not good enough. Fernandez isn't good enough. Schar is a liability. Lascelles had so much potential and I can't really put my finger on what went wrong with him. He's got size and speed, he should be a colossus. He's awful on the ball and I think he knows that but if he was just there to defend I'd have more faith. Modern football requires defenders being able to play now and he's not good enough.

58 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

It looked like 5 😂

We were poor again. Joel had some decent touches and played ok and so did ASM. Spurs played really well after that 1st 10mins.

Just now, Woody said:

It looked like 5 😂

We were poor again. Joel had some decent touches and played ok and so did ASM. Spurs played really well after that 1st 10mins.

Did they though? We made them look good. If you fail closing good players down it forces you to sit off them and makes them look even better. 

Shelvey had a good game, at least. 🙄

I wasn't getting carried away and knew this result was coming. I just expected a reaction. Not just in the first 2 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Did they though? We made them look good. If you fail closing good players down it forces you to sit off them and makes them look even better. 

Shelvey had a good game, at least. 🙄

I wasn't getting carried away and knew this result was coming. I just expected a reaction. Not just in the first 2 minutes. 

😂 i agree mate. Its going to take a while to sort this mess out

I agree that Newcastle made Spurs look better than they were. We are shite at passing through a press, but Newcastle didn't even try. Ndombele and Skipp played really well with the space they were afforded and made us look comfortable in posession for the first time this season. 

21 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I agree that Newcastle made Spurs look better than they were. We are shite at passing through a press, but Newcastle didn't even try. Ndombele and Skipp played really well with the space they were afforded and made us look comfortable in posession for the first time this season. 

Yeah the highlights I saw looked like we made you look amazing...

It's going to be a struggle to get that squad of players playing good enough to save us from relegation.

Wonder if the O&D test has to be done again for teams getting promoted from the Championship?

I was at the game, quality atmosphere but results will keep being the same until Bruce leaves.

As @Dai_says we need a full new back 4, 3 of them played for us in the Championship, Ritchie has all the passion and I do like him but just not good enough at left back. Lascelles is only classed as a player to stay as he's the captain but even he should be replaced. 

The least said about Shelvey the better, I used to rate him but he does one excellent game then goes missing for 5 games, after today I don't want to see him in a Newcastle shirt again ... Lazy and embarrassing performance by him 

We have 3 in midfield but the midfield looks non existent ... The tactic has always been give the ball to ASM and hope for the best.

Wilson goal was top notch, the only reason we managed to get him for only £20million though is his poor injury record ... He often doesn't finish a game for us, I appreciate he only came back from injury but it's often the case in most games he plays he's replaced around the 75/80 minute mark

The future is bright but we will only see that happen when Bruce is given his P45, there's a different buzz around the ground now, 3-1 down and players weren't getting stick, the Bruce out Chants didn't start til about the 80th minute, today was all about celebrating the change of ownership and looking towards the future.

7 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I was at the game, quality atmosphere but results will keep being the same until Bruce leaves.

This is so true, it's still Bruce's team until January and whoever is in charge can buy new players, I'm guessing the dross will still be here as who would want to buy them!

8 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

As @Dai_says we need a full new back 4, 3 of them played for us in the Championship, Ritchie has all the passion and I do like him but just not good enough at left back. Lascelles is only classed as a player to stay as he's the captain but even he should be replaced.

Can't Jamal Lewis play left back? Why isn't he? Never understood the sheer amount of players we're playing out of position week in, week out.

9 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

The least said about Shelvey the better, I used to rate him but he does one excellent game then goes missing for 5 games, after today I don't want to see him in a Newcastle shirt again ... Lazy and embarrassing performance by him 

I read somewhere that he was wanting to prove himself to the new owners, had changed his diet etc. Maybe that new diet didn't agree with him and he really needed to get back to the changing rooms...

When he walks off the pitch, he supposedly looked up at the directors box and people say there was a look on his face of "Well I've f***ed that up then didn't I!"

Honestly, I think any manager with our squad could do better, the players are good enough to ensure we don't go down this season. They just don't know how to play together as a team. They don't know the jobs they're supposed to be doing. Which comes down to coaching. We need a complete overhaul of the backroom staff, if that includes Jones then so be it. He did well last season and that led to his "call up to the England camp" but we don't know how much influence he actually had there, unless I've missed that.

But if he has to be in charge for a week or 3 then so be it. It can't be any worse can it? Literally, just letting the players run their own training would probably be better than Bruce's training sessions!

@geordiekrispy If you watch the dugout during games, it's Jones shouting at the players, giving instructions, talking to them when they come for water ... Bruce just stands there looking gormless ... If he was " a fan of this club" and wanted to " do whatever is best for the club" as he's been quoted in saying he would do the decent thing and resign but he won't as the carrot of £8million payoff is dangling in front of his head.

Lampard, Emery and Martinez are linked as the favourites but the favourites in the betting have chopped and changed frequently over the last week. I think the Martinez links are only because of Jones being here.

I do feel Bruce is here until we get a replacement and because they are looking for a director of football, I think that appointment will happen first before bed manager, I fully think Bruce will be still here for the Palace game on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@geordiekrispy If you watch the dugout during games, it's Jones shouting at the players, giving instructions, talking to them when they come for water ... Bruce just stands there looking gormless ... If he was " a fan of this club" and wanted to " do whatever is best for the club" as he's been quoted in saying he would do the decent thing and resign but he won't as the carrot of £8million payoff is dangling in front of his head.

Lampard, Emery and Martinez are linked as the favourites but the favourites in the betting have chopped and changed frequently over the last week. I think the Martinez links are only because of Jones being here.

I do feel Bruce is here until we get a replacement and because they are looking for a director of football, I think that appointment will happen first before bed manager, I fully think Bruce will be still here for the Palace game on Saturday.

Yeah, the little clips I've seen of players like Ritchie listening to Jones rather than Bruce just screams a lack of confidence in the manager. In the old parlance I'd say he's almost "lost the dressing room" but he hasn't quite as they know a change is coming, bit like Winter...

Everything he's done shows that he's not a "fan of this club" other than he was born here and so supported them when he was young, but after getting rejected by everyone, he went elsewhere just like so many other promising young players from the area.

You know that he would jump at the chance of getting the Man Utd job. Not that they ever would offer it to him, they'd look at his track record and just laugh. He's never managed a "top" club, Newcastle is the highest point of his career and that's quite frankly depressing.

I do feel that that they've told Bruce that he's just caretaker now rather than head coach. If he had any sense, he'd just sit back or even in the stands and look like he's doing a "tactical" thing and let Jones do the shouting (which he is anyway) rather than shout different things to the same person.

Fingers crossed they get a DOF or new manager in asap as it's just reducing the number of games that are left to get points from.

31 minutes ago, samhardy said:

266D64CE-8128-496D-8BE9-3E52FDFA520B.jpeg.22e2f1caf0ee926b27cc540413e62568.jpeg

I can answer this without the masses of bullshit that his “analysis” will no doubt pose - win a few games maybe?

As it's Danny Murphy it'll be "Keep faith in Bruce, he's a local lad and is really nice. It's not his fault the tactics are rubbish and the players have no cohesion. It's all the fans's fault."

19 hours ago, samhardy said:

I can answer this without the masses of bullshit that his “analysis” will no doubt pose - win a few games maybe?

Can't stand that block. Complete moron. 

Questioned why we employed an 'set piece coach' & 'attacking coach'. Micah Richards soon shot him down about it. 

Murphy's opinion was that the head coach should do it all. 

20 hours ago, samhardy said:

A daring suggestion!