Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Do you think it’s better that Newcastle are ran by the new mob then? With their human rights? Or does the conspiracy-theory and human-judging only matter when it’s suits your own agenda Ian?

In a roundabout way what you are saying is practically the same as the point I made earlier.

I may even change my mind about this later, as I have done about plenty of other things and that’s just how it is as I’m very much not perfect.

7 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211010-132822__01.thumb.jpg.592201d447a71edbfe3ed17c7cbb9305.jpg

42261829_Screenshot_20211009-2239162.thumb.jpg.996be6373a78d12912416f587fed9e12.jpg

I will just leave these here.

That is pretty much the only time I have ever agreed with Piers Morgan.

I still couldn't bring myself to like or retweet the tweet...

Caring about "human rights" or whatever exclusively when it's convenient has to be a much more popular sport than football.

15 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

How newcastle will line up next season!!!!

Screenshot_20211012-205100_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Only thing that worries me is that Lascelles is being used as BPD 😂

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Only thing that worries me is that Lascelles is being used as BPD 😂

I just threw him there lmao 

Screenshot_20211013-163745__01.thumb.jpg.5e89fe312d82135653d79c11e758b53d.jpg

Cant see it happening myself but if Rodgers leaves Leicester who have finished 5th the last couple seasons then he will have been sold a very good vision and been promised some big investment. Leicester are a settled club with good players and good facilities and we will be a project. Still want Conte but definitely wouldn't say no to Rodgers coming in.

18 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Cant see it happening myself but if Rodgers leaves Leicester who have finished 5th the last couple seasons then he will have been sold a very good vision and been promised some big investment. Leicester are a settled club with good players and good facilities and we will be a project. Still want Conte but definitely wouldn't say no to Rodgers coming in.

I’d be happy to see him come in, would be a big upgrade on Bruce and like you said if he does he will have been promised a lot of backing I’m sure, exciting times. 

Also with Campos from Lille looking like he may come in as sporting director, he’s done a great job at Lille and Monaco previously.

28 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We are batting above ourselves if we think Conte will come. Its too much too soon.

Rodgers is a more likely appointment but he is settled at Leicester and tbh id be suprised if he accepted to come.

For me we need some who can keep us up but with potential to grow with the rest of the club. Maybe a Gerrard or Potter.

24 minutes ago, Woody said:

We are batting above ourselves if we think Conte will come. Its too much too soon.

Rodgers is a more likely appointment but he is settled at Leicester and tbh id be suprised if he accepted to come.

For me we need some who can keep us up but with potential to grow with the rest of the club. Maybe a Gerrard or Potter.

Yeah I’m not even thinking about Conte personally.

Rodgers, Gerrard or Potter are my top 3 and I’d be very happy with any of them. Hopefully some movement in the next week or so 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

This accunt says Rodgers is out of the “mix”.

This is who Newcastle should go for to shake things up a bit at the club.

Reveal hidden contents

7EE452EB-8A1D-44EA-BF1C-6F5D58A39187.jpeg.afcc183de411ac73c5d3e02166835dfb.jpeg

We have Martin O’Neil to come after Steve Bruce and then on to Paolo.

22 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Bring shearer back as assistant or coach!!!! Would be ace that, his training abilities would massively help Newcastle.

Steady on, I’ve only just stopped laughing about the last time he was in their dugout 🤣

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Steady on, I’ve only just stopped laughing about the last time he was in their dugout 🤣

Behave ya self.

5 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

This accunt says Rodgers is out of the “mix”.

This is who Newcastle should go for to shake things up a bit at the club.

Reveal hidden contents

7EE452EB-8A1D-44EA-BF1C-6F5D58A39187.jpeg.afcc183de411ac73c5d3e02166835dfb.jpeg

Lampard. Every non-Newcastle fans would love to see him again.

I think we'll need someone more proven than Lampard or Gerrard to help steady the ship. Rodgers would have been good, but he's not going to leave Leicester.

Someone who's got experience in the Premier League would be good, along with someone who is happy to start the rebuild but doesn't expect to be challenging for major trophies in a couple of years.

Actually, the more I think about it... Lampard seems like a fairly decent fit... He's not going to stay for ages, as we'll get someone better in 3-4 years. He knows the league. But he's not particularly good... That's where someone like Howe would be better.

That second half performance from Brentford was outstanding. Chelsea very lucky to get the win there. Brentford are easily my favorite team to watch.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Mo Salah is a joy to watch, how he’s not more talked about as the best player in the world at the moment is beyond me, what a player.

He's unreal and has been for years, it's crazy how underrated he is. 

Having the old front three all score and dominate today was a thing of beauty! Salah with a wonder goal and a silky assist, Mane cool as you like and Bobby with a hat trick. What a day. 

Mane and Bobby especially seem to have benefitted alot from the return of fans. 

6 hours ago, Rich said:

Mo Salah is a joy to watch, how he’s not more talked about as the best player in the world at the moment is beyond me, what a player.

Not sure about best in the world but yeah, would take him over, say, Lukaku or Mbappe every day, guy's really good. 

I hate the fact that the Newcastle v Spurs game kicks off at 23:30 for me, I cannot justify staying up that late when I've got to be up like 6 hours later to go to work...

And I reckon we're going to lose, it'll be a great atmosphere at the start. Just wonder if the crowd will turn at any point if we're getting hammered...

I really hope who ever needed medical help in the crowd is ok.

We need an extra man in midfield. Spurs are having it way too easy. Dont need 5 at the back.

26 minutes ago, Woody said:

I really hope who ever needed medical help in the crowd is ok.

We need an extra man in midfield. Spurs are having it way too easy. Dont need 5 at the back.

We're playing 4-3-3. We don't have 5 at the back.

The 3 in midfield have been woeful without the ball. Trying to win the ball when they're nowhere near close enough to their players. These Spurs boys are far too good in tight situations and when you dive in they'll pick you off and it just creates so much space.