Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

Wasn’t sure where to post this but @ScottishFMM you may know more, just listening to sky sports news and Pete Lovenkrands has one of thickest Scottish accents I’ve ever heard, it blew my mind a bit, Is it that easy to catch the accent? 😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but @ScottishFMM you may know more, just listening to sky sports news and Pete Lovenkrands has one of thickest Scottish accents I’ve ever heard, it blew my mind a bit, Is it that easy to catch the accent? 😂

Hey man, haha possibly the Glaswegian accent is definitely the easiest to mock so I wouldn’t be too surprised mate😂 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

I don’t watch Italian football, so can someone explain how when I look at the Serie A table it has Juventus in... fifth?

Pioli revolutionised AC Milan with a more structured and organised tactic. They get rid of the deadwoods and replaced with youngsters like Leao, Saelemaekers, Hernandez, etc.. They got s few great leaders too like Zlatan, Kjaer and Romagnoli.

Inter Milan are just Premier League deadwoods used wisely and they found their form with a mix of elite midfielders and defenders. I love to watch Barella and Bastoni though.

Napoli being Napoli. They’d probably still finish in top-5 even if they have to play their u-23

Roma is interesting. They upgraded their squad with Mkhitaryan, Kumbulla and Mayoral. Bought Smalling and Perez on permanent but still it’s not quite a squad that I’ll say would challenge the top-5 but well they did it. Not to mention, Zaniolo have been out most of the season being injured.

Juventus still reverting from Sarri’s boring football to Pirlo’s more ambitious style. They’re quite too dependent on Ronaldo (not to make you sad). Their youngsters also shown spark of brilliance but not quite consistent enough. Dybala just shit. He’s got a consistency of 16 years old sunday league boy.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Blimey @broodje kip that was a comprehensive answer - thank you. Who do you think will win it?

It’ll be either AC or Inter Milan or Juventus. Personally I hope it’s AC Milan as I grow up watching them a lot. I even said Kaka was the best player I’ve ever seen but tbh it’ll be Juventus. There’s no way they lose the Serie A with that squad. The only way if they do is that they reach the semifinal of Champions League or Italian Cup final

43 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

It’ll be either AC or Inter Milan or Juventus. Personally I hope it’s AC Milan as I grow up watching them a lot. I even said Kaka was the best player I’ve ever seen but tbh it’ll be Juventus. There’s no way they lose the Serie A with that squad. The only way if they do is that they reach the semifinal of Champions League or Italian Cup final

It needs a fair few of the others to fall apart a bit though?

7 hours ago, Rob said:

It needs a fair few of the others to fall apart a bit though?

Probably. Pirlo shown that he doesn’t have much plan b like in Inter game where Conte played a slightly different playstyle from where he often use and Juventus ended up losing 2-0.

D59BF1A0-8ADE-453F-92CD-B7E3A51D97B8.thumb.jpeg.962f896899d86124b87a614ce65547a2.jpeg

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Surprised to see Neymar in there, I would push Messi up and take Neymar out for Bruno Fernandes maybe?

29 minutes ago, RichD said:

D59BF1A0-8ADE-453F-92CD-B7E3A51D97B8.thumb.jpeg.962f896899d86124b87a614ce65547a2.jpeg

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Surprised to see Neymar in there, I would push Messi up and take Neymar out for Bruno Fernandes maybe?

Exactly what I predicted for the forwards. I hate that midfields and van Dijk? I voted for Goretzka and Muller in midfield and Alaba and Thiago Silva in defence 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Neymar over Son (and to a lesser extent Mane) is ridiculous. Not defensive midfielder either, which annoys me.

I was gobbling about Son myself, him or Bruno in for Neymar. I hate when they don’t put a defence minded midfielder in myself. 

I would personally still have Messi in, even with everything before this season, he scored a lot of goals last year and assisted a lot. He’s still scored 14 goals this season as well 😂

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Exactly what I predicted for the forwards. I hate that midfields and van Dijk? I voted for Goretzka and Muller in midfield and Alaba and Thiago Silva in defence 

Van Dijk has been the best central defender over the last year for sure, no way would I have silva especially over him. 

De Bruyne and Thiago have been world class the last year, but I would like to see a more defence minded midfielder.

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

Van Dijk has been the best central defender over the last year for sure, no way would I have silva especially over him. 

De Bruyne and Thiago have been world class the last year, but I would like to see a more defence minded midfielder.

Silva had been vital for PSG in the league and in the Champions League. It’s quite debatable to choose either Silva or van Dijk. Besides, he plays for Liverpool.

I picked de Bruyne. Thiago was brilliant but I just don’t like the way he plays. Goretzka and Muller were my pick. Goretzka because he’s Goretzka. @Rob loves him too. Muller should be there honestly.

Edited by broodje kip
11 hours ago, Ashez said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55949730

Ajax and Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana has been banned from football for a year for a doping violation.

The 24-year-old failed an out-of-competition drugs test in October when the banned substance furosemide was found in his urine sample.

... it was his wife's pregnancy pills to help her pee, I believe he genuinely took it by accident thinking it was paracetamol and the ban handed to him was harsh AF. The FA proving again that they're out of touch and frankly irrelevant. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

... it was his wife's pregnancy pills to help her pee, I believe he genuinely took it by accident thinking it was paracetamol and the ban handed to him was harsh AF. The FA proving again that they're out of touch and frankly irrelevant. 

That sounds like a weird story tbh 😂

9 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

As a diuretic (I administer this particular medication daily to patients) if is abused by people wanting to shift water and stay lean. It's a favourite of bodybuilders before a contest and other athletes that struggle with their weight. 

Whether it's for aesthetic reasons (he looks like he enjoys working out in the gym) or performance reasons, I have know doubt he knowingly took the band mends. 

Pro athletes have to double check everything they put in their body, there's no way he had his eyes closed as he fished through the family meds cupboard.