Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I’ve gone for Man Utd in my accumulator! You better win.

Dont know what it is this year, but I am up a lot of money 😂

I hope so too, of course I'm not watching it though, cause as I've said many times, my work books me in everytime United are playing, but Amad has his first goal for us so fingers crossed we hold out. 

There's only been 7 shots in a hour of football,jeeezz, i mustn't be missing much

11 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

@Aaron Thornton your wish didn’t come true but there’s still the away leg 😂

Counter attacking away from home, right up our alley 😂

I heard Kessie was a beast for them tonight and of course it lead to our fans saying everywhere that we MUST sign him. 🙄

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

Counter attacking away from home, right up our alley 😂

I heard Kessie was a beast for them tonight and of course it lead to our fans saying everywhere that we MUST sign him. 🙄

Kessie and Bennacer are both beasts. Saelemaekers is a good one too.

22 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Kessie and Bennacer are both beasts. Saelemaekers is a good one too.

Saelermaekers is one of favourite players to buy on FMM, but I havent seen much of him IRL, I knew Kessie was good, but I didn't know of Bennacer before

Champions League draw

Man City v Dortmund

Bayern v PSG

Winners playing in semi.

Liverpool v Real Madrid

Chelsea v Porto

Winners playing in semi.

As a City fan I have to say I'm gutted. Happy with Dortmund but stitched up again in the semi. Although the old saying if you wanna be the best you've got to beat the best rings true 

The odds of a Liverpool or Chelsea CL win must have tumbled. What a great route to the final. Liverpool massive favourites for the trophy now?

7 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Champions League draw

Man City v Dortmund

Bayern v PSG

Winners playing in semi.

Liverpool v Real Madrid

Chelsea v Porto

Winners playing in semi.

As a City fan I have to say I'm gutted. Happy with Dortmund but stitched up again in the semi. Although the old saying if you wanna be the best you've got to beat the best rings true 

The odds of a Liverpool or Chelsea CL win must have tumbled. What a great route to the final. Liverpool massive favourites for the trophy now?

Interesting semi finals there, but like you said you’d be a lot happier being Liverpool or Chelsea. 

I hope we get to see bayern vs Manchester City, I think they’d be great games. The two best teams for me this season.

I love that draw! I still think City and Bayern are favourites, but they won't play in the final so hopefully that opens up the door for Chelsea to sneak in and take it 😉 .

I may have to watch the next round after all in the hope that someone gives it to Ramos. I can only imagine what they’d get at Anfield if there were fans there. 

Personally I would fancy any of the sides remaining Vs Real Madrid.

For me Real are just a name now. Their squad is ageing and riddled with injuries to key players. Hazard availability since his big move from Chelsea😮

City v Bayern

Liverpool v Chelsea 

That's my predictions. 

From there though I don't have a clue, but it's nice to see the English teams well represented again in Europe, even if it isn't my own team. 

Edited by Aaron Thornton

Lewandowski... 35 goals in 25 games this year, scoring bucket loads for years and yet we hear next to nothing about him from the media nor social media, he's in the GOAT picture for me (at least top 10) and could win a Ballon Dor before he retires, but since that's now a popularity contest, I don't have high hopes for him. If ever there was a player born into the wrong era, it would be him. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Lewandowski... 35 goals in 25 games this year, scoring bucket loads for years and yet we hear next to nothing about him from the media nor social media, he's in the GOAT picture for me (at least top 10) and could win a Ballon Dor before he retires, but since that's now a popularity contest, I don't have high hopes for him. If ever there was a player born into the wrong era, it would be him. 

The problem is it's the German league.

Werner, Joelinton, Seb Haller Et Al, all have done well in Germany but not here. Even Edin Dzeko tore up that division but was a little underwhelming for us. He'll always be a legend for that final day header mind 

I honestly think that's why the top clubs are slightly hesitant on Haaland. 

The counter argument is both Lew and Haaland do it in the CL.

To counter that counter, they always go into those CL matches flying high in confidence due to scoring every week in their domestic league but also, Germany happily rearrange games to make sure teams are rested properly before European games.

In short, could Lewanadowski do it on a wet windy night in Stoke?

City for the Quadruple? The league is pretty much won, Spurs are awful at the moment so the League Cup is a given, so they can rest and rotate for the CL and FA Cup. It would be a fantastic achievement if they did.

45 minutes ago, Rob said:

City for the Quadruple? The league is pretty much won, Spurs are awful at the moment so the League Cup is a given, so they can rest and rotate for the CL and FA Cup. It would be a fantastic achievement if they did.

City are running out of steam. We've relied on defenders and midfielders getting us through recent games. KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Torres are woefully out of form.

Gundo, Stones, Diaz goals have won us tight games not to mention Laporte turning into Messi against Everton to break their defence down.

Bayern on the other hand are coming into great form when it matters. I can see them beating PSG then unfortunately us. The premier League will no doubt have us playing them 2 or 3 days after a tough away league match whilst the Bundesliga will give Bayern 5 days between games. 

2 trophies for us this year 

*Excuses in early

47 minutes ago, Rob said:

CL seems likely too but I’m quite concerned about FA Cup tbh. Especially when both Chelsea and Man United are still in there

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

City are running out of steam. We've relied on defenders and midfielders getting us through recent games. KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Torres are woefully out of form.

Gundo, Stones, Diaz goals have won us tight games not to mention Laporte turning into Messi against Everton to break their defence down.

Bayern on the other hand are coming into great form when it matters. I can see them beating PSG then unfortunately us. The premier League will no doubt have us playing them 2 or 3 days after a tough away league match whilst the Bundesliga will give Bayern 5 days between games. 

2 trophies for us this year 

*Excuses in early

I don’t see Bayern beating us honestly. Their defence are very woeful right now compared to last season. So if we can defend well, the final is ours 

On 19/01/2021 at 15:44, Rich said:

I watch here and there, not as much as I used too though as it’s gone from BT sport, but my money is on Inter.

This is looking good now, wish I did put money on it!

On 20/03/2021 at 18:13, billy2shots said:

The problem is it's the German league.

Werner, Joelinton, Seb Haller Et Al, all have done well in Germany but not here. Even Edin Dzeko tore up that division but was a little underwhelming for us. He'll always be a legend for that final day header mind 

I honestly think that's why the top clubs are slightly hesitant on Haaland. 

The counter argument is both Lew and Haaland do it in the CL.

To counter that counter, they always go into those CL matches flying high in confidence due to scoring every week in their domestic league but also, Germany happily rearrange games to make sure teams are rested properly before European games.

In short, could Lewanadowski do it on a wet windy night in Stoke?

No he wouldnt. But then again Stoke have filled in the corners so its not so windy these days 😆

What do you guys think about the Goal’s 50 best wonderkids list? Here’s the full one:

Spoiler

0D3C8BCA-3A3E-4981-93F9-E8469C4E0C40.thumb.jpeg.c1706464ee2ed81bc475025daa4e8448.jpeg

6962653A-6701-449B-97A3-B3791ECE62B9.thumb.jpeg.90cb5dc89d7be0e6a14af8fb684571a4.jpeg

B07BD390-5175-4519-A171-FF569A371226.thumb.jpeg.8e718f85076796bfc6ff22f7d692b970.jpeg

2FCBB805-955C-41E3-8E7D-FBA8472850B5.thumb.jpeg.32e66474cb78279bd0f5c6a1128eb05c.jpeg

5BD6179D-F869-47E8-B281-92783D158974.thumb.jpeg.2467ec55563746c48a80bc72a5395637.jpeg

34972491-FC7C-45B5-8A03-4B271753EC8B.thumb.jpeg.9ac10545484b26f51c96c2ca9ca897ca.jpeg

1CB59A2D-69D4-423E-B76A-35FA395802F3.thumb.jpeg.c2fce4d62caf40552cd8c9c6cca1b33b.jpeg

8F38B859-F4FC-481C-80FF-B6BE3347EE99.thumb.jpeg.8a6b559f4a49a54128be1aba5ee4c0f6.jpegBD7209C3-6E4F-449E-A224-16D5DC0F8BDB.thumb.jpeg.f4d9bddcfdcc443d23e05fb91f9ec6a2.jpeg

F3C53922-F6AA-4FE5-9B30-0C3C42E74CD7.thumb.jpeg.4698bf12cd08772003fdf8aaee7517d3.jpeg

Ilaix Moriba seems too low for me especially when he’s played decent amount of first team compared to some in the list.

@Scratch’s adopted son, Esposito is ranked 25th which is quite low in my opinion.

@Rich’s favourite, Kaio Jorge is in 18th position. I’ve never seen him play in real life so can’t comment on that.

My 2k boy, Jamal Musiala is at 8th. Tbh I would put him slightly higher and Reyna slightly lower.

Our new wonderkid Yousoufa Moukoko is ranked 15th. Understandable for now considering he got only 3 goals so far.

I will put Chekri, Fabio Silva and everyone from 31-35 lower. Aouchiche, Eduardo Quaresma and Moriba higher in the list

I defo think Ilaix Moriba should be higher from what I’ve seen from him. I don’t really know who should go where though, so hard to judge youngsters.

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

I defo think Ilaix Moriba should be higher from what I’ve seen from him. I don’t really know who should go where though, so hard to judge youngsters.

Agreed but Moriba at 50 seems really harsh imo

Looking forward to the champions league tonight, think I’ll put the Liverpool and Madrid game on. I fancy both English clubs to win tonight.

Disappointed we just didn't turn up in the first half, one the worst performances of the season which is saying something. Countless mistakes and we got dominated in midfield. 

It's safe to say the Naby gamble didn't pay off and neither did dropping Bobby. Everyone knows Bobby is out of form but without his pressing and hold up ability we couldn't keep the ball and just got dominated. 

Then to get back into the game and then concede another sloppy goal is inexcusable, it's so bloody frustrating. I know alot are moaning about referees this midweek with plenty of questionable calls but the truth is we didn't turn up. Was Mane fouled? Probably but you know haha. 

I dunno if we were out for revenge or believed the hype that Madrid were there for the taking but that first half was horrendous. 

If we had the Anfield crowd in the second leg I'd back us but our home form and lack of fans gives me concerns. We've not scored two at home since November apparently. 

I thought both English teams were off it tonight.

City showed Dortmund a bit too much respect. The strikerless formation is ok if Gundo and friends run from deep but they didn't have that freedom in the first half meaning little threat was there.

The second half Pep did what Pep does. He reverted to a 442 the same as he played against Man U in the first 20 minutes and got roasted. KDB playing as the deeper forward. Thankfully it worked a little better than it did in the Manchester Derby.

Time to stick to what you know and stop trying to be too clever with formations me thinks.

Thought the ref had a shocker, Bellingham's goal should have counted.

Foden upstaged Haaland big time. What an absolute magician he is.

I had Liverpool down as a banker. Pretty average Real starting 11. Missing their 2 first choice CBs which we are told completely ruins the rest of the team and it's performance. Aging midfield but still dominated by all accounts.

Both City and Liverpool face a real test in the second legs.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Time to stick to what you know and stop trying to be too clever with formations me thinks.

I am glad it isn’t just me that thinks this. He does it all the time in Europe, including letting an average Spurs side get to the final (where they lost due to a scandalous penalty). His team is good enough to just play how they normally do and advance against pretty much anyone.

It's Champions League day and I'm bouncing with nerves and excitement! Will another Anfield miracle take place? I have no idea but it's the hope that keeps you going, my heart says we can turn this around but my head can't see us not conceding which basically loses the tie. 

2-0 isn't impossible. Oh if we had fans I'd back us almost 100% but the fear of the unknown is killing me. 

We need to win that midfield battle tonight, I hope Bobby starts and suffocates them. Personally I'd leave Jota for the impact, start the front three with Gini, Thiago and Fabinho in midfield. Damn now I wish we had Hendo available. If Mane still struggles will have the option for Jota to replace him or to create the front four. 

I'm giddy 😂, I dunno what it is about the CL that just overtakes me. I am however prepared for a hammering......I think. I just hope it doesn't happen but if we go out I hope it's fighting and not limp like last week. We'll need Ali on top form, energy from the wingbacks and something special from the CBs. Phillips just worries me, he's done well enough but he's clearly not good enough. 

Screw it 2-0, Fabinho to do his dink into the box for Bobby to fire home, followed by a thunderous Phillips header from a Trent corner. 2-0. 😂

That Barcelona comeback was without vital players (Salah + Firmino) so maybe we can do this with last resort CBs and no captain 😂

As I said it's the hope that......Likely kills you 😂