• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Reckon you’ll win?

Too close to call.

If we score first and early then yes. If Chelsea sit in and keep us out for 25 minutes +, I can see it going their way 

We will push harder and leave space they will exploit. I can see us giving a penalty away scrambling back to defend the counter, possibly a red card to.

I just hope it's fair with no contentious decisions for either team.

I'm sure everyone knows but the game is FREE for everyone. Stream it on YouTube or download the BT Sport App.

I've always played down the champions league and said the EPL was more important. The truth is I didn't really know because we have never been in the final.

I can't put my finger on it but I'm nowhere near excited/nervous/anxious as I was before a big deciding league game like the QPR or Leicester matches. Even Blackburn to get promoted to the Prem or Gillingham in the League 1 playoffs. 

Possibly down to the 'we're not really here attitude' and just grateful to be playing big games and watching world class players play in our colours. Or possibly down to the fact we didn't win the league last year which really bugs me playing in the 'Champions' League. Who knows

35 minutes from kick off, I hope my excitement builds. 

Hope it's a good game for any neutral watching. 

Edited by billy2shots

Sour grapes on/

This ref 😁

Fist pumping Chelsea players at half time

Helping Chelsea players to their feet from the floor

Laughing with Chelsea players at half time coming back to the pitch

So quick to discount that James handball penalty 

That Rudiger challenge on KDV

Stopping the game with city on the attack because Cesar Az banged his knee fouling Sterling.

Sour grapes off/

DM's win titles. Pep dropped his and Kante ran the show!! 

City were there for the taking all game, absolute masterclass from Chelsea who could have won 3/5-0. Pep over thought it yet again and the players looked lost with noone turning up for them. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

DM's win titles. Pep dropped his and Kante ran the show!! 

City were there for the taking all game, absolute masterclass from Chelsea who could have won 3/5-0. Pep over thought it yet again and the players looked lost with noone turning up for them. 

Pep will shoulder a lot of blame, unfortunately he does love to over tinker as I and others have mentioned a few times.

City Players couldn't settle as they kept being moved around by Pep trying to undo his starting mistakes. 

Kante , James and Chilwell were impressive. Rudiger was good although even in rugby he would have seen red for that aggressive off the ball body check.

That will probably see a mini rebuild at City now.

Well done Chelsea.

14 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

That will probably see a mini rebuild at City now

True, it's not like the prize money has any impact on the £250m Pep will spend this summer. 

The European Cup is as hard to win as ever I see.

I don’t like UEFA and the league is the bread and butter but the European Cup is still the biggest prize of the club season for me. Well done Chelsea, unlucky City but you’ll be back I’m sure.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

The European Cup is as hard to win as ever I see.

I don’t like UEFA and the league is the bread and butter but the European Cup is still the biggest prize of the club season for me. Well done Chelsea, unlucky City but you’ll be back I’m sure.

It really is the jewel in the crown. 

Pep has taken the best team in world football into this competition how many times? And how many has he won it or even reached the final? 

Something clearly ain't right there, especially as you can pin point so many times Pep has over thought it and blown it. 

Not starting a DMC today is utter madness. I'm biased as I've always adored DMC's but they win titles. Look at every top winning side and 9/10 they have a world class DMC. Bloody hell just look what Kante achieved, he made Leicester Champions FFS. 

Just so glad we found Fabinho before City as he'd have been the perfect Fernandinho replacement. Rodri is average imo and Ferandinho is passed his best. 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

It really is the jewel in the crown. 

Pep has taken the best team in world football into this competition how many times? And how many has he won it or even reached the final? 

Something clearly ain't right there, especially as you can pin point so many times Pep has over thought it and blown it. 

Not starting a DMC today is utter madness. I'm biased as I've always adored DMC's but they win titles. Look at every top winning side and 9/10 they have a world class DMC. Bloody hell just look what Kante achieved, he made Leicester Champions FFS. 

Just so glad we found Fabinho before City as he'd have been the perfect Fernandinho replacement. Rodri is average imo and Ferandinho is passed his best. 

Even passed his best Fernandinho proved how good he was yesterday. You can see how structured the defence right after he gets in. I don’t want to talk about Sterling’s performance though…

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

PSG look like they’ll have signed Hakimi, Donnaruma, and Ramos. Decent window that! 

That’s quite impressive how you classify a decent window coming from a Spurs fan 🤣

Spoiler

Jokes aside, it really is impressive to sign 3 world class defenders in just one window and 2 of them are free.

44 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

That’s quite impressive how you classify a decent window coming from a Spurs fan 🤣

Hide contents

Jokes aside, it really is impressive to sign 3 world class defenders in just one window and 2 of them are free.

Haha. A good window will be you guys paying wayyyy over the odds for Kane.

I forgot Gini went there too! 

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Haha. A good window will be you guys paying wayyyy over the odds for Kane.

I forgot Gini went there too! 

Haha would be nice. I can’t wait for you to splash all those £150M on random deadwoods 

30 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Haha would be nice. I can’t wait for you to splash all those £150M on random deadwoods 

Soldado will return!!!

On 07/08/2021 at 14:17, Ashez said:

Reports of Inter Milan heading for liquidation????

Sure the Chelsea bailout for Lukeku should save them.. 

Got teams being gutted but then have PSG, Chelsea and City making huge signings still ? Might be a few dominant years for EPL in Europe as besides PSG other leagues teams being weakened. French Champs Lille been offloading talent , AC Milan losing Donnarumma for nothing after his performance at the Euros, Serie A champs Inter sold off best defender to PSG and now Lukeku going to Chelsea , Real Madrid lost Ramos , and then big one Messi leaving Barca for PSG for free just couldn’t believe these moves would happen without Covid and could result stretch of English winners until rest of Europe gets back on its feet to compete … 

Just wondered: what leagues are you all planning to watch this year? I’ll probably stick to watching the Prem and a bit of local football, but tempted with BT sport having got Serie A

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Just wondered: what leagues are you all planning to watch this year? I’ll probably stick to watching the Prem and a bit of local football, but tempted with BT sport having got Serie A

As usual, Serie A, Premier League and Bundesliga. Probably Scottish league if I have the time

13 minutes ago, lonfo said:

First Juventus game without Ronaldo and they lose to Empoli who came straight out of Serie B.

Neat.

And it looks like Moise Kean is the replacement for him, which surely won’t be enough 😬