Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Keeping a clean sheet is massive for you so one goal over there and the tie is pretty much over.

I'm annoyed we didn't kill the game because we could have yet I'm happy it means we have to stay focused, we have no easy games left. 

I have a sneaky feeling not getting the away goal might cost City in the tie. 

Of course I may be wrong and City could put them to the sword but just one away goal for Spurs will make it rather interesting. 

Watched the game. Though Liverpool were brilliant and ahould of had a bigger lead but 2-0 is a great result.

@Rob will be pleased with the Spurs result.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

I have a sneaky feeling not getting the away goal might cost City in the tie. 

Of course I may be wrong and City could put them to the sword but just one away goal for Spurs will make it rather interesting. 

I don't care tbf, I just wanted City to need to fight in the second leg and tire those legs. 

Just now, Ashez said:

I don't care tbf, I just wanted City to need to fight in the second leg and tire those legs. 

Yeah need them to be in really tough games. I fancy us to get an away goal next week but they are dangerous so need to be careful. I have zero idea who’s going to win the Champions League this season as you can lay down a good case for a number of teams tbh.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

Yeah need them to be in really tough games. I fancy us to get an away goal next week but they are dangerous so need to be careful. I have zero idea who’s going to win the Champions League this season as you can lay down a good case for a number of teams tbh.

We'll tighten the second leg imo. Go the typical Hendo, Gini, Milner midfield with Robbo back with maybe Fabinho in if that and just shut the game down believing we'll nick a goal. 

Tbf if we keep our eyes on the ball I fancy us against Barca, yeah they're flying and have Messi but they're suspect at the back, if we get United though I think that's more a toss of the coin. The bigger issue is we'll know more about the league by that point. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We'll tighten the second leg imo. Go the typical Hendo, Gini, Milner midfield with Robbo back with maybe Fabinho in if that and just shut the game down believing we'll nick a goal. 

Tbf if we keep our eyes on the ball I fancy us against Barca, yeah they're flying and have Messi but they're suspect at the back, if we get United though I think that's more a toss of the coin. The bigger issue is we'll know more about the league by that point. 

Yeah and we should get plenty of chances on the break if they go for it. I know Klopp likes that midfield in big games but it’s tricky for me as I prefer hendo box to box and fab at 6. Hendo does fine in the 6 though but I just feel it limits him a bit. I like Gini in these games though as he’s a great link player so that would mean Milner missing out so it is a conundrum.

It’s strange as I’ve got a feeling United might beat Barca, it’s something I thought when the draw was made but we’ll get a better idea after the first leg on that one.

I think we'll know the midfield after the Chelsea match as I have no idea who'll play then. You'd hope Gini and Fabinho but i doubt Keita will get the nod and Hendo/Milner have just played who need managing more. Actually I wouldn't be shocked to see Lallana at Porto away as I expected him to start tonight. 

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Watched the game. Though Liverpool were brilliant and ahould of had a bigger lead but 2-0 is a great result.

@Rob will be pleased with the Spurs result.

We kept a clean sheet, so the result was great. Gutted about the injury to Kane though.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

We kept a clean sheet, so the result was great. Gutted about the injury to Kane though.

Seems like his season is over. Hope not though.

If Spurs play like they did last night they have an excellent chance of going through but its going to be very tough.

A nice physical and mentally draining defeat :D, disappointed they miss out on two games though. 

A wounded City verse a flying Spurs, 0-0 hopefully 😂

Yeah I watched our training match instead

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A nice physical and mentally draining defeat :D, disappointed they miss out on two games though. 

A wounded City verse a flying Spurs, 0-0 hopefully 😂

Yeah I watched our training match instead

I’m praying your boys win the league tbh Klopp probably my favourite person in football atm 👍 

I did say last week that I thought City not getting the away goal might cost them but I’ll not take any credit after a match like that.

In fairness I only turned over from the Liverpool game when that was at 0-2 so can’t comment on the beginning of the game but I always fancied spurs to win this since the draw was made for some reason. 

Barca to win the tournament comfortably is my prediction. A 14-0 aggregate win in the semi final followed by a standard 3-0 victory over Ajax in the final.

Messi to score all the goals...obviously 

By the time we face Barcelona in the first leg on the 30th we'll know how the title is going with City having played United and Spurs by that point and Leicester by the second leg. 

We'll go into that fixture with a finger on the title or knowing all our eggs are in the CL basket. Spurs, City and United all have something to fight for and if City get passed them they've won the league imo, if they slip up we have to capitalise. 

I fancy us against Barca tbh, if we can keep it tight I'd fancy our attack against their defence, especially with the second leg at Anfield. Suarez and Messi are bloody Suarez and Messi though 😂

If our grip tightens on the league though who bloody knows what will happen lol. 

I said to my brother this afternoon would you take winning the league but losing the CL final to Spurs. Who knows?

It’ll be interesting how we do against Barca in the final providing we overcome the impressive Ajax. A one-legged game would give us more chance.

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

It’ll be interesting how we do against Barca in the final providing we overcome the impressive Ajax. A one-legged game would give us more chance.

They beat Real and Juve. Don’t get cocky, you’re still spurs even if me and Len are ‘liking’ you for a bit...

12 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

They beat Real and Juve. Don’t get cocky, you’re still spurs even if me and Len are ‘liking’ you for a bit...

Did you not read the ‘providing we overcome the impressive Ajax bit’? I’m a Spurs fan - I’m completely used to ‘Spursing it up’.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Did you not read the ‘providing we overcome the impressive Ajax bit’? I’m a Spurs fan - I’m completely used to ‘Spursing it up’.

Yeah, that just sounded that you were taking it for granted in my head sorry.

9 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Yeah, that just sounded that you were taking it for granted in my head sorry.

Lol, don’t apologise. I’m just terrified of playing them!