Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

31 minutes ago, samhardy said:

£103 per leg ticket prices for Barca Liverpool semis 😱 😂 That's insane!

Yeah I think it’s Barca taking the piss so we are just matching it as Ash says. I think it was similar in the last round against Man U but it is a ridiculous price imo.

I know Porto were going to charge us more for the away game but we managed to get them to reduce that a bit but guess that didn’t work with Barca.

Edited by 1759

One of the reasons Barca can’t fill there stadium is because of there high prices. You would think considering the size of the Nou Camp they would have lower prices and fill it but not many clubs think that way I guess.

Every unsold ticket should just be given out for free imo. They’ll be making some money from food/drink etc. Plus anybody can add something to the atmosphere at a match. I’m not saying this should go for just Barca mind, every club should do it.

On 19/04/2019 at 13:43, Foxy said:

One of the reasons Barca can’t fill there stadium is because of there high prices. You would think considering the size of the Nou Camp they would have lower prices and fill it but not many clubs think that way I guess.

TIfo Football, great great youtube channel

I can get behind that 11, I think it's smart bringing Gomez in for Trent who they'd target as he's poor defensively but I do wonder if Gomez is up for the occasion after not playing for so long. 

Gutted Bobby isn't fit but bringing Naby in over Sturridge/Origi is all solid. 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I can get behind that 11, I think it's smart bringing Gomez in for Trent who they'd target as he's poor defensively but I do wonder if Gomez is up for the occasion after not playing for so long. 

Gutted Bobby isn't fit but bringing Naby in over Sturridge/Origi is all solid. 

I’m happy with it too. I wasn’t expecting Gomez to come in for Trent but it makes good sense as you say. We’ve got a nice hard working midfield and plenty to worry them going forward. It seems to me like Firmino is more or less fully fit but Klopp didn’t want to risk him for full game. 

I always want an away goal in these games and even if we lose try to keep it to a single goal defeat and I’ll be ok with that.

Of course a win would be much better though.😀

I saw Naby wide or as the 9, not Gini which hasn't worked at all unfortunately, this match was made for Firmino! So frustrated

Score aside it's been a brilliant match and there is a goal there for us, we just can't fall for shithousery

We didn't deserve that :(. We played bloody well and somehow get done 3-0. 

First goal we were simply out done which happens, second the luck went their way and the third, wtf can you say but wow. 

We just didn't take our chances which you can never afford to do against elite opposition. We'll get chances at Anfield but 4+ without reply? We'll see hey 😂

By then it'll be a do or die match likely for our season and stranger things have happened

Brutal that result but that’s football. Just couldn’t get it right in the final third and they were always going to score at least once imo.

I look forward to the next game against Newcastle and then the return leg where we’ll definitely give them another decent game I’m sure of that.

Bobby was drastically missed tonight and without Trent as well we lost two potent attacking weapons, even if I agreed with Gomez starting. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Bobby was drastically missed tonight and without Trent as well we lost two potent attacking weapons, even if I agreed with Gomez starting. 

Yeah Trent can have his weaknesses in defence but Gomez doesn’t offer much at all in attack so it’s a tricky one. I know Trent is vulnerable at the back but the hard working midfield normally covers him a bit but guess Klopp was worried about Barca.

Really is a frustrating one that as we were arguably the better team for most of that game but not getting that away goal makes it really difficult now. 

Makes the second leg tactics rather simple though as we have no choice but to go for it and hope.

Will be a totally different game at Home Ash, the Anfield fans will roar you on and im sure Liverpool can pull it back. They showed tonight that despite missing that bit of luck they would of got more out of the game.

Edited by Woody
1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Makes the second leg tactics rather simple though as we have no choice but to go for it and hope.

By then we'll know where the league is going so we can go hell for leather imo. We know we can blow teams away on our day and we know Barca can be got at. 2-0 I'd believe we'd get the job done but 3-0 was a devastating blow but Roma smashed them last year. 

If we get passed Newcastle and Leicester get a result though play the kids vs Barca 😂

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Bobby and Salah both out then, what a shitter that is. 

Yh lol good luck making up those 3 goals, how on earth do we go from 4 in the quarters to 2 in the semis just so we can watch two foreign teams in the Final?

oh yeah, uefa

I still think you see what happens tonight, if City drop points rest a few for Barca, if they don't take the free hit and just go for it. If we score early anything can happen. The not conceding part is a concern but we may as well go out in a blaze of glory compared to phoning it in. Scoring 3/4 without Salah and Bobby is one mountain though! 

Mane through the middle, Origi on the left and give Brewster a shot on the right. Shaqiri in the midfield and just go for it. Sturridge I'd be inclined to drop but Studge verse Brewster is debatable, Studge could win us the tie but he also doesn't offer enough. I just think we need Mane central which automatically drops Sturridge as we can't even go 442 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That was intense!! 

Giving them a good game at least.

Mind Suarez is a right shithouse. Can easily love him if he’s on your team but if they do score then I hope someone gives him it towards the end.😀

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

I’m guilty of doubting Liverpool at Anfield in Europe tonight. Never again.

I told @samhardywe'd get the 4-0 but tbf I predicted the wrong scorers 😛

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats mate. Well deserved too. Now get drunk!! 😂 😂 😂 

When I awoke this morning the first words I uttered was "alllll round the fields of Anfield road", that song stuck in my mind all morning and every time I hummed, whistled or sung those famous words I started to believe more and more. Admittedly I thought I was setting myself up for heartbreak but that song inspired hope which I carried throughout. 

This team is beyond words.