Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

Mane without a doubt. We were talking at work the other day and regardless of how many Salah scores Mane is the one I'd keep. 

His desire, drive, energy and never give up-ness reminds me of Gerrard so much. He's so often the one grabbing us by the scruff of the neck and driving us on. Obviously he's a completely different player to Gerrard but he has some of those qualities to his game. 

Can't stand Neymar, whiney c**t. Big fan of Hazard, really like how he makes it look like Fifa when he's slaloming through defenders. But Mane is number one, a complete all around Winger if that's even a thing, (he's made it a thing) work rate, pace, top finisher, not much he doesn't have in his locker

I agree with you guys. I just find it amazing he isn’t mentioned in the bracket of best players in the world as, as Ash said, he has everything. 

A team in Estonia subbed a player off 10 seconds after KO last night.
The squad rules in Estonia say that there must be 2 homegrown players in the starting XI but the club had a number of players out because of Corona and injury so they had to pick a 16 year old to start who then immediately was brought off.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

A team in Estonia subbed a player off 10 seconds after KO last night.
The squad rules in Estonia say that there must be 2 homegrown players in the starting XI but the club had a number of players out because of Corona and injury so they had to pick a 16 year old to start who then immediately was brought off.

That's harsh but inventive way to get around the rules, I'll keep an eye out for him on FMM in the years to come 😂😂 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Spurs are linked to Skriniar. In FMM he is really good, but what’s he like in real life? I don’t watch any Italian.

Pfft surely you've a kid you could give a shot to? 🎣🎣🎣

So, bit of a random one this, but who does everyone think are the top five players playing in Europe at the moment? Not in order... just five.

Heung Min Son, Robert Lewandowski, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Harry Kane and Erling Haaland

It's a bit top heavy but these are my 5 best right now

Edited by Aaron Thornton
13 hours ago, Rob said:

So, bit of a random one this, but who does everyone think are the top five players playing in Europe at the moment? Not in order... just five.

Ohh Rob why have you asked this, been over thinking this for a good while now 🤔

I feel like I’m being swayed maybe by certain leagues because I haven’t watched a load of European football anymore as they took Spain and Italy away from sky sports and bt sports a while ago, but I’d go for Lewandowski, Kane, Son, Salah, Thomas Muller.

Ansu Fati just becomes the youngest scorer in el Classico history, but what I wanted to say is how much better would it be if he was Andy fati, like my spell check keeps telling me his name should be?

I like that we both chose Heung Min Son, IMO he is the most underrated footballer in the world right now and has been for a few years now. Its a bit cliché but if he was English we would hear about him every second of every day

5 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I like that we both chose Heung Min Son, IMO he is the most underrated footballer in the world right now and has been for a few years now. Its a bit cliché but if he was English we would hear about him every second of every day

He’s brilliant, he is world class for me. We have a bit of a joke of here in Wales about how players would be more expensive if English, what I hate about your media is though how much they try there best to do dirt on your own players, would never happen in Wales 😁

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

Not my media, I'm Northern Irish 😂

You’re so lucky 😁🤣

Euro 2016, I spent a month out in France and I spent a lot of this time with your lot and they were all good fun all the time 😁

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

You’re so lucky 😁🤣

Euro 2016, I spent a month out in France and I spent a lot of this time with your lot and they were all good fun all the time 😁

Good to hear, yeah our fans were legendary at the Euros, I never got to go, one of my biggest regrets 😔 but watching the team and the fans was brilliant. Only Northern Irish fans would sing about a player who done nothing but warm the bench all tournament 😂 we all really wanted Michael O'Neill to play Will Grigg but he wasnt having it

I love Son, he's someone who I'd love us to sign and I've said it hundreds of times.....But he's not even the best left winger in the league never mind the world. Mane runs rings around Son. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I love Son, he's someone who I'd love us to sign and I've said it hundreds of times.....But he's not even the best left winger in the league never mind the world. Mane runs rings around Son. 

True Over the last few years,. I had Mane so close to the top 5, but it was at the moment and Son has been better than any left winger in the least few weeks. Over the last few months and years, Mane hands down.

Edited by RichD
The first sentence came out wrong just by , instead of .