FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eoin

Off Topic European Football

Looking forward to the champions league tonight, think I’ll put the Liverpool and Madrid game on. I fancy both English clubs to win tonight.

Disappointed we just didn't turn up in the first half, one the worst performances of the season which is saying something. Countless mistakes and we got dominated in midfield. 

It's safe to say the Naby gamble didn't pay off and neither did dropping Bobby. Everyone knows Bobby is out of form but without his pressing and hold up ability we couldn't keep the ball and just got dominated. 

Then to get back into the game and then concede another sloppy goal is inexcusable, it's so bloody frustrating. I know alot are moaning about referees this midweek with plenty of questionable calls but the truth is we didn't turn up. Was Mane fouled? Probably but you know haha. 

I dunno if we were out for revenge or believed the hype that Madrid were there for the taking but that first half was horrendous. 

If we had the Anfield crowd in the second leg I'd back us but our home form and lack of fans gives me concerns. We've not scored two at home since November apparently. 

I thought both English teams were off it tonight.

City showed Dortmund a bit too much respect. The strikerless formation is ok if Gundo and friends run from deep but they didn't have that freedom in the first half meaning little threat was there.

The second half Pep did what Pep does. He reverted to a 442 the same as he played against Man U in the first 20 minutes and got roasted. KDB playing as the deeper forward. Thankfully it worked a little better than it did in the Manchester Derby.

Time to stick to what you know and stop trying to be too clever with formations me thinks.

Thought the ref had a shocker, Bellingham's goal should have counted.

Foden upstaged Haaland big time. What an absolute magician he is.

I had Liverpool down as a banker. Pretty average Real starting 11. Missing their 2 first choice CBs which we are told completely ruins the rest of the team and it's performance. Aging midfield but still dominated by all accounts.

Both City and Liverpool face a real test in the second legs.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Time to stick to what you know and stop trying to be too clever with formations me thinks.

I am glad it isn’t just me that thinks this. He does it all the time in Europe, including letting an average Spurs side get to the final (where they lost due to a scandalous penalty). His team is good enough to just play how they normally do and advance against pretty much anyone.

It's Champions League day and I'm bouncing with nerves and excitement! Will another Anfield miracle take place? I have no idea but it's the hope that keeps you going, my heart says we can turn this around but my head can't see us not conceding which basically loses the tie. 

2-0 isn't impossible. Oh if we had fans I'd back us almost 100% but the fear of the unknown is killing me. 

We need to win that midfield battle tonight, I hope Bobby starts and suffocates them. Personally I'd leave Jota for the impact, start the front three with Gini, Thiago and Fabinho in midfield. Damn now I wish we had Hendo available. If Mane still struggles will have the option for Jota to replace him or to create the front four. 

I'm giddy 😂, I dunno what it is about the CL that just overtakes me. I am however prepared for a hammering......I think. I just hope it doesn't happen but if we go out I hope it's fighting and not limp like last week. We'll need Ali on top form, energy from the wingbacks and something special from the CBs. Phillips just worries me, he's done well enough but he's clearly not good enough. 

Screw it 2-0, Fabinho to do his dink into the box for Bobby to fire home, followed by a thunderous Phillips header from a Trent corner. 2-0. 😂

That Barcelona comeback was without vital players (Salah + Firmino) so maybe we can do this with last resort CBs and no captain 😂

As I said it's the hope that......Likely kills you 😂

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's Champions League day and I'm bouncing with nerves and excitement! Will another Anfield miracle take place? I have no idea but it's the hope that keeps you going, my heart says we can turn this around but my head can't see us not conceding which basically loses the tie. 

2-0 isn't impossible. Oh if we had fans I'd back us almost 100% but the fear of the unknown is killing me. 

We need to win that midfield battle tonight, I hope Bobby starts and suffocates them. Personally I'd leave Jota for the impact, start the front three with Gini, Thiago and Fabinho in midfield. Damn now I wish we had Hendo available. If Mane still struggles will have the option for Jota to replace him or to create the front four. 

I'm giddy 😂, I dunno what it is about the CL that just overtakes me. I am however prepared for a hammering......I think. I just hope it doesn't happen but if we go out I hope it's fighting and not limp like last week. We'll need Ali on top form, energy from the wingbacks and something special from the CBs. Phillips just worries me, he's done well enough but he's clearly not good enough. 

Screw it 2-0, Fabinho to do his dink into the box for Bobby to fire home, followed by a thunderous Phillips header from a Trent corner. 2-0. 😂

That Barcelona comeback was without vital players (Salah + Firmino) so maybe we can do this with last resort CBs and no captain 😂

As I said it's the hope that......Likely kills you 😂

Milner starts then! Closest you have to Hendo in midfield I guess?

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Milner starts then! Closest you have to Hendo in midfield I guess?

An interesting selection for sure, I guess Klopp got too clever last week with Nabby, I just hope he's not over corrected going back to what's worked before. 

I'm amazed Thiago isn't starting, however I do think Gini and Milly will offer more protection to Trent/Robbo which is where we got exposed last week. 

It also means if we need to up it we have Thiago and Jota available. I'd say that's better than turning to Milner and Shaqiri etc. 

Gutted to exit the CL but we played well imo, created more than enough chances but Madrid built a brick wall, they made some fantastic blocks and saves. Obviously if we got one I'm sure Madrid would have came out more and likely caused us issues. But we went out fighting and I had hope throughout haha. 

Now to battle to get in the CL next season to go again. 

Quick CL observations from me.

Chelsea have surprised me getting this far.

Dortmund where a tougher team to play than the form book suggested. 

I can see PSG playing against City in the same way Dortmund did and how PSG did against Bayern. 10/11 men deep behind the ball then quick counters. This time City have Mbappe and Neymar to contend with using that tactic which could be frightening.

I didn't see any if the Liverpool second leg just the stats. 4 shots on target at home when they needed to score at least 2 goals???

Sad to hear about another attack on an opponent's team bus. This the famous support and , European atmosphere that gets banded about so often?

Some of us remember English teams being banned from European Football. We certainly don't want to be back there again.

A Real v PSG final looks like the most obvious final from where I'm standing.

Hopefully I'm wrong as an all English final would be nice again although those games always turn out trash mind..

25 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Quick CL observations from me.

Chelsea have surprised me getting this far.

Dortmund where a tougher team to play than the form book suggested. 

I can see PSG playing against City in the same way Dortmund did and how PSG did against Bayern. 10/11 men deep behind the ball then quick counters. This time City have Mbappe and Neymar to contend with using that tactic which could be frightening.

I didn't see any if the Liverpool second leg just the stats. 4 shots on target at home when they needed to score at least 2 goals???

Sad to hear about another attack on an opponent's team bus. This the famous support and , European atmosphere that gets banded about so often?

Some of us remember English teams being banned from European Football. We certainly don't want to be back there again.

A Real v PSG final looks like the most obvious final from where I'm standing.

Hopefully I'm wrong as an all English final would be nice again although those games always turn out trash mind..

Pep, Poch, Tuchel and Zidane final all would be impressive imo. I’m excited to face Chelsea after this as they play excitingly so far

48 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Pep, Poch, Tuchel and Zidane final all would be impressive imo. I’m excited to face Chelsea after this as they play excitingly so far.

The best 4 managers in Europe, they say the cream always rises to the top 😉

NFL draft is coming soon. Anyway, if we did a European football draft and you could only pick players 23 and under... who would your first five players be?

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

NFL draft is coming soon. Anyway, if we did a European football draft and you could only pick players 23 and under... who would your first five players be?

Mbappe, Haaland, Tonali, Camavinga and TAA

· Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Rob said:

Foden, Greenwood, Haaland, Mount, and Pedri.

Edited by Chelseaplchamps2022

Secret Agent Smalling was on another level this evening, the level below 'Absolute HorseSh*t' 

... There was some brilliant goals though, Cavani's assist for Greenwood was class, the first and last goals for us were my personal favourites. 

If we don't win it this year, I'll probably be pissed up at the bar, moaning to whoever is nearest to me. Its never any teams right so to speak to win a trophy but we're 4 goals up on Roma and would play Arsenal (I hope It isn't against them, cause the final will be so boring to watch) or Villarreal who I would quite like to face, not least cause we've only faced them 4 times before, though they all ended nil-nil.... 🤦‍♂️So do I really! 😂...

Sidenote (kind of) our performances in the the first half (of almost every game) is just bizarre, it seems the players wait for the bollocking at half time to start playing their own game. We play to our opposition too often and that becomes frustrating, when Shaw, Pogba and Bruno are on the same pitch, they will create a lot of chances over the 90 minutes, so let them play! 

Good night for us on the whole and if we win it I won't be overjoyed but it'll be something (it would make us the 17th best team in Europe) 😁 which doesn't sound good or bad really 😂

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Foden, Halland, Mbappe, Camavinga and Upamecano.

Had to try and get a defender in, if I didn’t Pedri would have got in.

Funniest thing happened earlier. I saw a news story on a website saying Inter Milan had won the Italian league. I thought to myself, ‘this is a late April Fool’s joke. It’s always Juventus’ and just ignored it. What a bunch of idiots those website people are! 

14 hours ago, Rob said:

Funniest thing happened earlier. I saw a news story on a website saying Inter Milan had won the Italian league. I thought to myself, ‘this is a late April Fool’s joke. It’s always Juventus’ and just ignored it. What a bunch of idiots those website people are! 

Wish I had put money on it now, had a feeling Conte would do it. So glad to see Ronaldo not win the title more than anything 😝

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Wish I had put money on it now, had a feeling Conte would do it. So glad to see Ronaldo not win the title more than anything 😝

Conte’s a great short term manager ain’t he? And why the Ronaldo hate?

On 03/05/2021 at 10:50, Rob said:

Conte’s a great short term manager ain’t he? And why the Ronaldo hate?

Just never liked his arrogance, no doubting he’s an amazing player though. Just don’t like the way he is. Plus I have a better 6 pack.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Just never liked his arrogance, no doubting he’s an amazing player though. Just don’t like the way he is. Plus I have a better 6 pack.

Yeah, you are like a Welsh Bobby Lashley 

Spoiler

Bobby Heenan

Mourinho will be rocking up at Roma next season then.

Another healthy pay off in 24 months time.

The big one tonight boys and girls. 

Can City keep the slender lead or will the CL remain a bridge too far?

18 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Mourinho will be rocking up at Roma next season then.

Another healthy pay off in 24 months time.

The big one tonight boys and girls. 

Can City keep the slender lead or will the CL remain a bridge too far?

Mourinho's become a con artist over the last few years. 

I think yous draw tonight, going through and facing Chelsea in the final, which will be a tactical masterpiece, by Pep and Tuchel.