Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 100 goals a season without wingers

I would like to know the technique used to achieve close to 100 goals by a striker without using wingers. A different outlook from the traditional cross and aerial for target man

Avoid your B2B mids to go forward and let them stay in the middle - force them to "through balls" and let your poacher convert those 

This way your striker will get more goals instead of midfielders and thus better individual score. 

Reaching a 100 goals / season is all about the team that your striker is playing in but surely you can try to get your man to reach 80+ 

5 minutes ago, scouse_v said:

Avoid your B2B mids to go forward and let them stay in the middle - force them to "through balls" and let your poacher convert those 

This way your striker will get more goals instead of midfielders and thus better individual score. 

Reaching a 100 goals / season is all about the team that your striker is playing in but surely you can try to get your man to reach 80+ 

How do I get them to stay in the middle? And do I pray through center?

4 hours ago, Mike16 said:

How do I get them to stay in the middle? And do I pray through center?

There are different player roles. You can assign your midfielders as CM or RP. That way, they wont get into the final third and score but will be involved in assisting your strikers. 

Its about trial and error. May or may not work consistently but for a larger portion of matches it will be significant. 

Also, you can shift the focus of passing as center and get your players to 'work in the box' which will involve lot of passing and eventually your attackers scoring most of it.