Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

FMM24 - New Features Revealed + Screenshots

Football Manager Mobile 2024 will be out on the 6th of November and exclusive to Netflix

What this means is you will need a Netflix subscription in order to play the game. The game will still be available on AppStore and Google Play but you will have to sign into the game using your Netflix account.

Subscriptions to Netflix start at £4.99 (might vary in other countries) and you must have a paid Netflix subscription to play the game whether you download it from Netflix, AppStore or Google Play.

More information can be found here: https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-mobile-coming-exclusively-netflix

The decision to partner with Netflix is explained in this blog post.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dev+blog

The basic premise of the section on FMM is that the deal with Netflix has saved the game. Declining sales in recent years mean they would most likely have stopped making the mobile version of the game and Netflix is there solution to that.

New Features

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/football-manager-2024-mobile-new-features-revealed

Screenshots

image.thumb.jpeg.4dfc8033c9f2588356df915e43b47761.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b2003e0e38797d74536648ed82b3460.jpeg

image.thumb.png.d54f23458cd96723f1e10824f6338b70.png

image.thumb.jpeg.8c885f7620343341651ebe8894eb0f85.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19bcdf20426cea9c473de66702e01689.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a48e36695e4b13db761f588f91cc30a4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8824e7d894e9d1e285ecd7460394efa9.jpeg

I will post more information in this post when we get it.

image.png

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-mobile-coming-exclusively-netflix

If you’re an existing player with a Netflix membership, you'll be able to find and install FM24 Mobile through the Netflix mobile app when the game launches in November. It will appear in a dedicated Games row on Apple phones and a separate Games tab on Android devices*. 

Players can still find FM24 Mobile on the App Store and Google Play, but you’ll need a Netflix account to log in and begin your next journey to footballing greatness. 

If you’re not logged in to Netflix on your device, you will receive a sign-in prompt upon reaching the game’s loading screen. At this point you’ll either need to enter your Netflix account details or sign up for a new membership.

Hmm

Edited by Jon58
Lined the important thing

So, is it like FM FC, or, if you don't have Netflix you can't play AT ALL?

2 minutes ago, Jon58 said:

So, is it like FM FC, or, if you don't have Netflix you can't play AT ALL?

If you don’t have Netflix you can’t play at all is how I read it.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

If you don’t have Netflix you can’t play at all is how I read it.

Same. Thank you!

I don't like this idea...

I happen to have a Netflix account so this won't affect me. So I'm saying this as a neutral but that's a bizarre decision that will surely lead to lots of piracy. I wonder if they will explain the rationale? Because if it's just "money" we would want to see an improved game, not just "four new languages".

Disgusting expecting people to pay over £130 a year for a mobile game. 

SI should be very, very ashamed of themselves. 

We're in a cost of living crisis and they pull a move like this? 

Oh wait, Netflix does not have any free subscriptions? Even without anything? Now this is not sad, this is bad news!😡

So it's 7 dollars for standard plan.

I guess the game will be free then?

7 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

Disgusting expecting people to pay over £130 a year for a mobile game. 

SI should be very, very ashamed of themselves. 

We're in a cost of living crisis and they pull a move like 

Let's see, what they will say. Maybe we will need to pay only once, and 7 dollars (standart plan, as I see) is almost the same price as FM23 costs.

1 minute ago, Jon58 said:

Let's see, what they will say. Maybe we will need to pay only once, and 7 dollars (standart plan, as I see) is almost the same price as FM23 costs.

Is that 7 per month? It states you need to be logged into a Netflix account to play the game, presumably that requires an active Netflix account meaning you need to keep up your subscription. In the UK that's 10.99 a month for Standard Netflix. 

Why have SI decided to do this? So so disappointing.

Edited by Michel01

Why connect it with another completely separate service? Seems odd and totally random

Sinking feeling it's something deeply corporate. Some deal or your preferences/info get used for advertisements

Does that mean it's free if you have Netflix subscription or you need to both buy the game in Play Store and have a Netflix subscription?

For a mobile game I have to keep a subscription, which is unimaginable! It's too expensive.

It’s a similar system to they used last year with Touch being on Apple Arcade. Basically you have to have a paid Netflix account to be able to play the game. That means if you aren’t interested in Netflix shows you are playing £11 a month simply to play FMM.

Great if you already have and use Netflix as the game is effectively free but not so good if you don’t want Netflix.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

It’s a similar system to they used last year with Touch being on Apple Arcade. Basically you have to have a paid Netflix account to be able to play the game. That means if you aren’t interested in Netflix shows you are playing £11 a month simply to play FMM.

Oh god I'm raging right now.... I don't ever never want netflix, and I don't want to stop playing FMM... This is utter madness!!!

3 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Does that mean it's free if you have Netflix subscription or you need to both buy the game in Play Store and have a Netflix subscription?

Yes. 

Stupid decision, you will get the game free with Netflix but have to pay the monthly subscription to keep your game going. This must alienate a lot of long term fans of the game. I thought that they were idiots last year when they made Touch apple arcade exclusive but that was the tip of the iceburg, just a tone deaf and out of touch decision which will lead to more piracy long term.

If you have a Netflix account, it doesn't really matter. If you haven't, the thought of paying £130 for a mobile game is absolutely crazy. You will be prompted to sign up for account before been able to play the game. Madness.

4 minutes ago, dec2812 said:

If you have a Netflix account, it doesn't really matter. If you haven't, the thought of paying £130 for a mobile game is absolutely crazy. You will be prompted to sign up for account before been able to play the game. Madness.

Luckily my wife pays for Netflix. But isn't the point, it's going to upset alot of people. And rightly so 

4 minutes ago, Nextros said:

Does it mean that it will be impossible to play while in airplane mode ? 😐

Now this is another great question

Edited by Jon58
Gramatical mistake
Just now, Jon58 said:

Now this is another great question

Shite I'm going florida in February 😆