Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 Starting in Wales - A Wrexham Career

Daniel

I it here as the new manager of Wrexham, I'm a local having being born in North Wales but as I'm Cardiff fan I'm not sure the fans will be happy with me, but that just gives me more of a challenge to win them over.

This club hasn't seen the happiest of times recently with the club slowly descending down the football league system, recently being relegated to the Blue Square Premier but it has plenty of potential with some talented players and an exceptional stadium for a club of this level, the board have immediately made it clear they want to see the club make an effort to finish in the play-offs, a tough task but one I know we are definitely capable of.

Tactical wise you'll see me taking a more attacking approach with a fluid but well balanced 4-3-3 formation, having used it during my managing as a youth coach it's one I think will suit as in the division and one that I can build around the players I have, with Andrew Mangan acting as a target man, Taylor lying deep and Brown playing off him as a poacher, you may be wondering about Andy Morrell who was previously tipped as one of the key players in our promotion campaign, unfortunately he's suffered a horrific injury which will already see him out for 12 months which has certainly came as a blow. We kick off the season with a couple of local friendlies soon so I can settle in and get used to the squad I have to work with.