Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Career of David Allen

Rhewi

Eyebrows were raised in the world of football today, so much so that Carlo Ancelotti was jealous. In a surprising move, AFC Telford United have sacked boss Gavin Cowan just weeks before the start of the season. In his place, the Lillywhites have named former Orlando City SC assistant David Allen as the club's new manager.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-19-42-13.png

Fans have questioned the appointment of Allen, who has never played in any level of English football. In a recent news conference, Allen addressed these concerns and assured the fans that the team will find success sooner, rather than later.

Reporter: Why have you decided to take the job at Telford?

Allen: I have always wanted to be a head coach, and after many years as an assistant in the United States, I was given an opportunity to lead a club and I could not say no. Telford has the best facilities in the league and a great fan base. I felt it was the perfect time to take this job after the successful season Orlando just had in the MLS.

Reporter: What are your aspirations for the team this season and in the near future?

Allen: This season I expect the team to compete for the Vanarama North title. With players like former York midfielder Andy Bond and former Wrexham forward Jason Oswell, I expect this team to contend right away. We have the experience and leadership to get the job done. As for the near future, I expect this team to be playing league football within 3 years.

Reporter: Wow, 3 years? It seems you have high expectations for the club. How do you plan to get this done?

Allen: By being better than everyone else.

AFC Telford United boss David Allen has released the preseason friendly fixture list to the public. The fans were delighted to see the Shropshire Derby against Shrewsbury Town on the 29th of August. When asked about the schedule, Allen said that he wanted the team to play every week to maintain sharpness as well as challenge his team against opposition that they could face in future cup games.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-19-27-41.png

BREAKING NEWS

AFC Telford manager David Allen has agreed to an offer of 100k from Bromley for starting left back Ross White. Allen has said that White will not play in the upcoming friendly against Ashton.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-19-25-32.png

Allen Wins Debut

New Telford boss David Allen finds success in his first match in charge, a 3-1 victory against Ashton United.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-20-33-56.png

BREAKING NEWS

AFC Telford manager David Allen has agreed to sell star midfielder Henry Cowans to Carlisle for 200k. When asked about the move, Allen said that kind of money is impossible to turn down and will be used to strengthen the squad for a title run.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-21-14-53.png

LACK OF OFFENSE DOOMS TELFORD

AFC Telford could not muster any offense in the Shropshire Derby today. In what could be seen as a decent performance from Allen's side, the team could not find the goal in a 2-0 loss to rival Shrewsbury Town.

Screenshot_2020-11-30-21-26-59.png

9 hours ago, RichD said:

Good luck mate, lower league games are always fun 😁

Thanks. Selling those 2 players has given me enough money to plug all the holes on my team. I just need to figure out a tactic that works amd I should be off to the races.

AFC Telford still looking for goals.

AFC Telford were disappointing today as the offense failed to show up in the league opener. Despite controlling possession for most of the game, the Lillywhites could not make it count in a 1-0 away loss to Darlington.

Screenshot_2020-12-01-15-26-14.png

FA Cup run ends for AFC Telford

The offense went missing once again for AFC Telford today, losing 1-0 away to Chesterfield in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round.

Screenshot_2020-12-01-15-56-46.png

Allen Masterminds Giant Killing

AFC Telford pulled off the upset today in the third round of the FA Trophy. The Lillywhites defeated King's Lynn 0-1 and continue their run of good form in the month of December.

Screenshot_2020-12-01-17-55-53.png

Edited by Rhewi