Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics the tactic approves

teodoro

Hi guys, any unspoken suggestions for this I would like to score more goals and also be strong in defense so that they don't score me.

SOLONE_E1457_Screenshot_20211203-232834.png

SOLONE_E1457_Screenshot_20211203-232841.png

SOLONE_E1457_Screenshot_20211203-232819.png

Why even have 3 BPDs n a Sweeper Keeper if you're not gonna play it short? Either play possesion football or dont.

Edited by summrsXO

You needn't play 3 CB, you need 2 CB and 2 fullbacks; play control football and put more emphasis on midfield; dont play narrow- ive found personally for me narrow doesnt work; i would also advise to play short passes rather than mixed; 

I’m guessing you want to keep this general shape as opposed to people telling you completely different formations that could work…

I’d switch to CB/BPD/CB at the back to stop all three of your defenders being caught out of position. 

The main problem I can see if your lack of wide players/width. You could try and play ‘wide’ as you’ll get caught out down the wings with the team being so narrow and having no naturally wide players but I’m not sure if WM alone will handle that. You could make a slight tweak and change DM to CM and WM to WB which will keep your general shape but give a bit more balance. They’ll give you a passing route through the middle from defence - midfield - attackers. Having no one between DM and AM means you can get overloaded in the middle easily. You’re also focussing your passing down the flanks but have no real wide players. When the opposition wins the ball back out wide they have the whole wing open to them to charge down. Same with overlap being selected. You have no players to overlap with so this may be confusing things. 

On 07/12/2021 at 02:00, summrsXO said:

Why even have 3 BPDs n a Sweeper Keeper if you're not gonna play it short? Either play possesion football or dont.

I think you may have got it wrong. It’s better to play mixed than short when having BPDs and SK. They spray the ball forward a lot and aren’t limited to only short passes.

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I think you may have got it wrong. It’s better to play mixed than short when having BPDs and SK. They spray the ball forward a lot and aren’t limited to only short passes.

I'd agree here, CB play it short and simple, whereas BPD are encouraged to play more penetrating balls so mixed, or even direct, would suit them better.