Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Lower league possession (60-70%) tactic (4-1-2-2-1)

MarkD

Hello guys, hope everyone is well

I did NOT create this tactic, i found it online for the PC version, but i tried to convert it to the mobile version.

its a fun tactic to use, ive tried it in the Vanarama National South division in England with Dulwich Hamlet (i always use them) and had some good success, winning the league easily in my first season, the possession i was getting was usually between 60 and 70%, creating a good amount of chances and the opponents not have too many although most of the goals that we conceded seemed to be from the first shot on target 🤨, ill put this down to my goalkeeper being rubbish 😂, so hopefully with better players, this tactic "should" flourish...

This is where Bayern Munich finished on the PC version

1928711900_Screenshot_20220218-172922_YouTube1.thumb.jpg.56cff1dc53d9f655920af00a4321c87a.jpg

and here is the tactic.....

689611592_FM22_Mobile_2022-02-18-17-24-421.thumb.jpg.4a06a351272c39ac10451eda3a502b25.jpg

1400896991_FM22_Mobile_2022-02-18-17-24-481.thumb.jpg.5bb7d10897b893dbe4fdb263803255ce.jpg

1847666402_FM22_Mobile_2022-02-18-17-24-561.thumb.jpg.f545141334b3e36e5528c4379b61f336.jpg

452403923_FM22_Mobile_2022-02-18-17-25-041.thumb.jpg.5c07e1c4452f4ec4a915e0d242aa684b.jpg

and this was the first season.....

1628433840_FM22_Mobile_2022-02-18-17-24-071.thumb.jpg.6c2dc79a9e78f4835742a4ac0772d9b2.jpg

if you have any questions then please feel free to ask, i might not have the answers but you can ask anyway 😂

try it, tweak it, give feed back but most of all... have fun, cheers guys

Edited by MarkD

Tried this with Stevenage. Won League 2 by 10 points in first season. Changed a couple of things with regards to player roles to suit my squad but good tactic. 

8 hours ago, 1985 said:

Tried this with Stevenage. Won League 2 by 10 points in first season. Changed a couple of things with regards to player roles to suit my squad but good tactic. 

ive not used this for a while, glad it worked for you, what changes did you make?

27 minutes ago, MarkD said:

may have to try it

In my experience, the IWB cause a lot of problems for the spacing. They open up huge gaps on the flanks that the DC can't cover.

13 minutes ago, LostHorizons said:

In my experience, the IWB cause a lot of problems for the spacing. They open up huge gaps on the flanks that the DC can't cover.

thanks for the input, much appreciated

2 minutes ago, LostHorizons said:

I also haven't really been able to tell much of a difference spatially or behaviorally between the IF and IWB but I'm going to take a look now.

i always struggle making my own tactics, i dont have the patience to watch the games or have the know how.

would like to make my own though 😂

7 minutes ago, MarkD said:

i always struggle making my own tactics, i dont have the patience to watch the games or have the know how.

would like to make my own though 😂

So I just played 4 games with the same team. I swapped my IF to IWB and played one game for each role on disciplined shape and expressive. 

With the IWB he only drifted in when slightly when there was an overlap with my WB. I measured it by the lines of grass. He only drifted 1.5 lanes at the most. Even using the instructions of look for overlap didn't help 

With the IF role he would literally sprint to the center of the defense even if he didn't have the ball. 

This does give me an idea though for a tactic that I'm going to work on creating.

2 minutes ago, LostHorizons said:

So I just played 4 games with the same team. I swapped my IF to IWB and played one game for each role on disciplined shape and expressive. 

With the IWB he only drifted in when slightly when there was an overlap with my WB. I measured it by the lines of grass. He only drifted 1.5 lanes at the most. Even using the instructions of look for overlap didn't help 

With the IF role he would literally sprint to the center of the defense even if he didn't have the ball. 

This does give me an idea though for a tactic that I'm going to work on creating.

yeah the IF is pretty much a second striker that starts in a wing position, ive been wanting to make a tactic using a target man, IF and a winger, ill give it a go soon

11 minutes ago, MarkD said:

yeah the IF is pretty much a second striker that starts in a wing position, ive been wanting to make a tactic using a target man, IF and a winger, ill give it a go soon

Why a target man? For the aerial presence?

4 minutes ago, LostHorizons said:

Why a target man? For the aerial presence?

mainly because im a nottingham forest fan and thats how we play

the ariel presence and hold up play is nice

On 31/03/2022 at 20:40, MarkD said:

mainly because im a nottingham forest fan and thats how we play

the ariel presence and hold up play is nice

Youuuuu redsssss 🔴🔴