Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Some thoughts about the game

Hi

Been trying to get to grips with this game. Like many (I suspect), it is a nice contrast to the over arching complexity of the full game, but still offers a believable football universe to play in.

If I ask the computer (assistant manager?) to pick the team, he comes up with some strange decisions. Is he worth trusting at all. For instance, at Leicester, he ALWAYS picks Zieler in goal instead of Schmeichel

When searching for new talent, it would be really useful to be able to save player search filters but I can't see a way to do this?

It would be nice to be able to see the "venue" on the match screen, particularly in "neutral" tournaments like World Cup, Euros etc. I used to love in the "classic" championship manager games that when it came round to a World Cup it would list the fixtures and the stadium/city in which the match takes place. Likewise, when playing in a European club tournament (or any where the final takes place at a neutral venue), it would be nice to see the final venue revealed at the start of the tournament so you can plan you're own "Road to Cardiff" for example.

Some slightly more detailed financial information would be good too - even if it was just the overall bank account balance!

Overall though, it is brilliant. As a guy in my mid 40's, and having played Football Manager games of every iteration since the first one on the Spectrum, to think that I can have a fully featured game in the palm of my hand is astonishing!

1. you shouldn't always trust your assistant manager
  2. you can actually save your search filters and you can actually search for players using templates from your own team
  3. I think you can see the venue but i'm not sure
3 hours ago, Alex Pead said:

If I ask the computer (assistant manager?) to pick the team, he comes up with some strange decisions. Is he worth trusting at all. For instance, at Leicester, he ALWAYS picks Zieler in goal instead of Schmeichel.

The AI, or assistant manager, chooses the team putting players with the highest Star Rating, in the Coach Report, in each position.

I'm not fully sure how the Star Ratings are calculated but it definitely takes in account form and average rating which affects the rating heavily.

The condition of the player, however, overwrites the Star Rating and the AI will instead choose the player with the highest condition.

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

I think you can see the venue but i'm not sure

No you can't and it's really frustrating. I believe they do mention where the World Cup (or whatever tournament) is going to be in a news item at some point in the lead up, but if you blink, you miss it. Then you can't find out where it is until the final when they mention the venue in a news item.

I guess there may be a way to find the location somewhere in the competition info, but I couldn't find it and it meant I had no idea where the World Cup I was in was located! It would make so much sense to list the stadium name on the game screen.

I guess the argument against that is it means the game needs to assign a ground to each game and record it in the database etc, whereas in doesn't need to do any of that at the moment. I guess that's in the trade off zone of performance vs functionality. I'd still have it in though..