Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

I was watching a video last night on WWE stables and it got me thinking: I’m amazed the Undisputed Era never got promoted to one of the main brands. It’s WWE’s own version of the Bullet Club (cool faction, but with the PG element E like) and would be amazing causing trouble across one, or maybe two, of the brands.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I was watching a video last night on WWE stables and it got me thinking: I’m amazed the Undisputed Era never got promoted to one of the main brands. It’s WWE’s own version of the Bullet Club (cool faction, but with the PG element E like) and would be amazing causing trouble across one, or maybe two, of the brands.

I genuinely believe HHH is blocking it because he doesn't want Vince to ruin them like he has done so many others. Since Cole & co. came to NXT they've been brilliant. No matter who they as a faction fued with or individually, they are show stealers. 

13 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I genuinely believe HHH is blocking it because he doesn't want Vince to ruin them like he has done so many others. Since Cole & co. came to NXT they've been brilliant. No matter who they as a faction fued with or individually, they are show stealers. 

That’s a cracking point. Such a shame as they’d be incredible on a higher profile show 

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

That’s a cracking point. Such a shame as they’d be incredible on a higher profile show 

I've thought for a while that they'd be brilliant on one of the main shows but always had that niggle that they'd get lost because they're not big bruisers like Vince prefers. The thing they have going for them is strength in numbers so I think they could have a Shield like impact quite easily. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of them falling into obscurity to find out.

It’s a weird one. They’ve been awesome in NXT for so long, Triple H doesn’t usually have much input on who goes to the main roster, so I find it very weird that they haven’t gone up. Maybe a bit like Ciampa they don’t want it?

I won't spoil anything but if you weren't planning on watching Takeover, I suggest you get it watched. Some really solid matches and there's sort of an answer to our Undisputed Era question's.... 😉

3 hours ago, Dai_ said:

I won't spoil anything but if you weren't planning on watching Takeover, I suggest you get it watched. Some really solid matches and there's sort of an answer to our Undisputed Era question's.... 😉

Thanks. Will try to watch today.

5 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Spoiler

So I just watched the main event. Absolutely loved the whole thing, including the ending.

1 hour ago, Rob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So I just watched the main event. Absolutely loved the whole thing, including the ending.

Spoiler

The only crap thing is they could potentially just push Cole onto the main roster. If they were to make the jump, you'd like them to be the faction when they do it. Saying that, this could always pave the way for the others to come in at a later date and "save" Cole from a situation or something.... I'm not sure. Will we see Cole vs Balor vs Dunne at takeover on Mania weekend before Cole debuts on Raw the next night?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thank you for using spoilers, as I’m watching now, whilst “working”.

You'll not be disappointed, my friend.

I always watch the UFC whilst I'm "working" too. On the odd Saturday night I'm rota'd on, that is.

Just now, Dai_ said:

You'll not be disappointed, my friend.

I always watch the UFC whilst I'm "working" too. On the odd Saturday night I'm rota'd on, that is.

I watched UFC 258 yesterday when I woke up, you watched that? 

I’ve only got BT app just for UFC and WWE and it’s well worth it 😁

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I watched UFC 258 yesterday when I woke up, you watched that? 

I’ve only got BT app just for UFC and WWE and it’s well worth it 😁

Yeah man. I watched it in work. 😁 Thought it would be a cuddle fest but man, was I wrong. 

Only realised last night that Elimination chamber is next weekend. I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since the Rumble. Was going to get a quick recap on my days off here. Knowing the chamber is next week, I'll do that today. Love a good chamber match I do.

Just now, Dai_ said:

Yeah man. I watched it in work. 😁 Thought it would be a cuddle fest but man, was I wrong. 

Only realised last night that Elimination chamber is next weekend. I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since the Rumble. Was going to get a quick recap on my days off here. Knowing the chamber is next week, I'll do that today. Love a good chamber match I do.

Yeah what a main event, I was hoping Burns would do it and he had great start, but Usman is a scary bloke 😂

Yeah chamber next week, I will be staying up for that, nothing to do with cesaro finally getting pushed and smackdown revolved around him Friday just gone 😁

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just watched it, very good main event 👌

Balor & Dunne are two of the best workers around tbh so I wasn't expecting anything less than great from them.

What did you make of the ending? I thought they were going to try to get Balor in the UE. To replace the seemingly always injured Bobby Fish. I didn't see the super kicks coming. 😂

Just now, Dai_ said:

Balor & Dunne are two of the best workers around tbh so I wasn't expecting anything less than great from them.

What did you make of the ending? I thought they were going to try to get Balor in the UE. To replace the seemingly always injured Bobby Fish. I didn't see the super kicks coming. 😂

I thought exactly the same thing, I thought he was about to do there sign and then boom a super kick! I liked it, but also think it would be a bit of a shame if undisputed era broke before they ever got to the main roster 🤔

All the matches were good expect for the women’s triple threat, they could have made that a lot better I think. 

All in all though, I’m never disappointed in a takeover as the quality of matches is always brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought exactly the same thing, I thought he was about to do there sign and then boom a super kick! I liked it, but also think it would be a bit of a shame if undisputed era broke before they ever got to the main roster 🤔

All the matches were good expect for the women’s triple threat, they could have made that a lot better I think. 

All in all though, I’m never disappointed in a takeover as the quality of matches is always brilliant.

Yeah. You know you're in for a real treat whenever there's a takeover. I wouldn't mind them being monthly tbh. Could never get tired of them. Probably because the matches aren't really directly aimed at a certain storyline. They're just really good matches. The talent there is just incredible and the way its run is brilliant.

As I said in my spoiler post earlier. It makes little sense sending Cole to the main roster on his own. O'Reilly has a chance at singles glory in NXT now so kicking him out might be the route they go. I suppose they could all stay in NXT and they're trying to prevent UE getting stagnant by mixing it up a little.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

On NXT?

Yeah man. He interrupted the Pre-show to announce that he'd signed with NXT. Hopefully not another James Storm or Bobby Roode. Granted, Roode is getting a bit of a push at times but I'm sure his CV in TNA he would have hoped for more by now. 

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Any of you guys watch any of the old territory stuff on the network?

I have in the past, but haven’t for a while. You been watching any specific one?

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I have in the past, but haven’t for a while. You been watching any specific one?

Nah, but I would love to know where to start on one of them and sort of watch it as new? I feel a bit like that with late 80s WCW.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Nah, but I would love to know where to start on one of them and sort of watch it as new? I feel a bit like that with late 80s WCW.

I’ve just opened the network now, there’s so many old territories to pick from. Global wrestling federation is the one I’ve opened. Steve Austin, Jeff Jarret, Jerry Lawler on here from 1990-1992. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I’ve just opened the network now, there’s so many old territories to pick from. Global wrestling federation is the one I’ve opened. Steve Austin, Jeff Jarret, Jerry Lawler on here from 1990-1992. 

What a roster that is!