Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe How to make a Super League

Pete123

How to make a Super League

I have got a lot of questions about this and I am always happy to help people who are interested. Two links first.

1) If you want to edit FMM23, just download @nyongrand's amazing editor. I don't know if he plans an FMM24 one but maybe if you ask nicely. Link

2) For all other hex editing questions, ask in the Hexer thread. I can only make leagues, I don't know how to do anything else and I won't answer questions on anything else. Link

Let's get started

First, decide what you want to do. You cannot create a league, you can only edit an existing league. The choice matters - for example the Irish league is the easiest one to edit as it only has 20 teams and no relegation from the bottom league, but Ireland has a low reputation so the team budgets will be small. England has a high reputation so your teams will have lots of money, but it has 164 teams and you have to allow for six new clubs every season.

Also think about where you want your league to be. You should make a European Super League in a European country. You should make an Asian Super League in an Asian country. This will help ensure the right players and other competitions will be correct.

The USA league is hard-wired and you cannot edit it. The Australia League has a scheduling problem and doesn't work. Other leagues I may also not work but I have not tried them all.

Remember you cannot change anything about the league format. So if you want to make the Czech league, which has 16 teams, you have to accept that if you base it on the Irish league it will only have 10 teams and play in the summer, or if you base it on the Polish league you will have 18 teams. This is why imaginary Super Leagues work better than real national leagues.

What you need

First you need to download the vanilla database, which @NguyenDucAnh has shared in his post. This database is for the current version of the game (15.1.2). When the game is updated by SI, this database will no longer work. So if there is an update, either do not update your version of the game or ask Anh politely to share a new vanilla database. The database includes 70 files but we only care about club.dat and competition.dat 

Second, you need a Hex Editor. I just downloaded one on Android.

Once you have the Hex Editor, you need to know how to work it. Use it to open club.dat. A Hex Editor can do many things but all we care about are "string" and "hex fragment". String is the words like "Manchester City" or "Everton". You use them to find the club you want to edit. Hex fragment is the code. In the next post I'll show how to edit things.

Edited by Pete123

To edit club.dat you only need to edit two things in each club's file. One is the country in which the club is located. The second is the league in which it participates.

Go to club.dat and look for Manchester City. The name of the club will appear on the right side of the screen. The code will appear on the left. In the string you will see the words Manchester City.....Man City.....MCFC.....MCI - these correspond to the club name codes on the left. If you point your cursor or click on the last letter I you will see that it corresponds to the hexcode "49" on the left. The next four entries are "8b 00 8b 00". 

8b 00 means England. The first entry is the code for the country Man City compete in. The second one is the country Man City is located in. This sounds like the same thing  but consider Cardiff or FC Andorra - they compete in a different country than they are located in.

I have highlighted the relevant entry in the picture below.

Screenshot_20240215-214512_HEX Editor.jpg

Now comes the harder part. Scroll slowly down through the Man City code and you will see a piece of code "05 00 ff ff". It can be hard to locate but should appear about twenty lines below the country code. I have highlighted it in the picture below. "05 00" means English Premier Division.

Screenshot_20240215-214654_HEX Editor.jpg

Now all you have to do to make a Super League is to change the country each club competes in (the first "8b 00" in the example above) and the league they compete in.

But what about the teams already in that league? You cannot leave them there or the game will not work. To remove them you simply change their league code to "ff ff".

So say you want to make a European Super League based on the Irish league. First you have to remove all the Irish clubs. You must search for each one and find the Irish league codes "5a 00" for the Irish Premier Division, and "5b 00" for the Irish First Division, and edit it so it becomes "ff ff". See below example with Shamrock Rovers.

Screenshot_20240215-215259_HEX Editor.jpg

Now we are going to add Man City to the Irish League. So first we find the code for Ireland by looking at Shamrock Rovers above, it is "a3 00". Then we edit Man City's code to this, see below.

Screenshot_20240215-215457_HEX Editor.jpg

Now you simply repeat this process for all 20 clubs you want to have in the league, giving 10 of them "5a 00" for the top division, and 10 of them "5b 00" for the second division.

Once you are finished, check your work. (Look at NguyenDucAnh's post for instructions on how to load a new database). Start a new game with just the Irish leagues loaded, and voilà.

Very important

If you mess anything up it is hard to fix. So work slowly and save often!

Now we have to make the Irish Premier Division into a European Super League by reputation. We do this by changing the league reputation. Open competition.dat, find Irish Premier Division, and find the reputation. This is a number from 0-200. However it is in hex code, so you need to decipher it. You do this using this website: http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/hex-to-decimal.html

The league reputation is the tenth entry after the end of the league short name. I have highlighted it below.

Screenshot_20240215-220629_HEX Editor.jpg

So the entry is "54" but that does not mean the league's reputation is 54 out of 200. This 54 is a hex number but using the website I shared above you can convert it into a decimal number, which is 84.

If you are making a Super League you will want it to have the highest reputation possible, which is 200. Using our conversion website, we find that the hex equivalent is "c8". So we change the Irish Premier Division's reputation to c8, as below. You will then want to change the Irish First Division's reputation as well, to a slightly lower figure.

Screenshot_20240215-221158_HEX Editor.jpg

Edited by Pete123

Last part!

If all this has been successful, you should have a working league. However it will still be called the "Irish Premier Division" and you want to call it the "Super League". For this you will need to create a changes.txt file. It's very easy to do this on an Android file manager or a computer, or just download the one I have attached to this post. You can generate the entries by using this link: http://fmmvibe.com/changes-txt-generator/index.html/

Your result will look something like this:

"COMPETITION" "Irish Premier Division" "Super League" "Super L" "SL"

Edit this however you like, then put the changes.txt into the "files" subfolder in the FMM folder. Open the game and reload skin and it should work fine.

changes.txt

added 0 minutes later

That's it. Feel free to ask any questions. 👍

Hey man..
Thx for sharing how to create a superleague..
i try to create indonesian league from poland league..
but the problem is this new league cant participate asian champions league (i already change region poland to asia from nation.dat hex code 02 to 01)
in league standard - reputation menu poland still in europe region..

any suggest for me to make this indonesian league playable?
thx for your attention

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 16.36.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 19.30.37.jpeg

I want to ask, I just created an Indonesian league based on the Polish league in the game.

Can the league I created earlier be moved to the Asian zone or region? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Pengkurjackson said:

I want to ask, I just created an Indonesian league based on the Polish league in the game.

Can the league I created earlier be moved to the Asian zone or region? Thanks.

I don't think so - that's a question for the Hexer thread where people have better coding skills than me!

4 hours ago, Pete123 said:

I don't think so - that's a question for the Hexer thread where people have better coding skills than me!

Oh ok, thanks