Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Inspired by Futsal, created for FMH

Dec

Futsal: What is it?

Futsal has been getting more popular each year and with the release of FIFA Street has gotten more exposure but what does an indoor football game on a smaller pitch with less players actually do? For a start it gives each player more of touches of the ball meaning teamwork is a must. However, this isn't all with only 1 defender the 3 attackers must be versatile and with this the pitch being smaller means attack and defence is simply one pass away, but passing is the aim of the game. Space is tight in Futsal with 4 outfielders battling in a pitch which width wise won't accompany both sets of players.

Futsal: The philosophy

So by now you must be wondering how this can be implemented in FMH and why would I want to do such a barking mad thing? Well the simple answer is the way Futsal is played.

Imagine a FMH tactic that contains possession and works spaces in tight areas in order to get a shot on target and with this the sheer amount of shots when the pitch size is increased will be so great. The teamwork and versatility in the unit will be insane as the whole team goes forward or back in order to contribute and be more effective. Futsal is a very attacking game with lots of action so being on the attack is necessary as the physical aspect of the game is little with interceptions preferred through high pressure by all players once the ball is lost.

Team Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Short

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: Yes

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Futsal: The defence

In FMH I decided a standard back 4 would be the most potent with WBKs and BPDs so they can push forward as they do in Futsal. While defensively this can cause problems it means the team works as a unit.

WBK-BPD-BPD-WBK

Futsal: The midfield

Now Futsal doesn't really have a midfield as such but in order to bridge the gap between attack and defence I went with a compact structure of 1-2-2 with each having several roles in their "wave".

Wave 1 - DLM. His role is to stay back and allow the defence to push forward by moving the ball on, he is the first point of defence and attack.

Wave 2 - B2B (x2). They look to go back and forward, they are key to the whole structure of the side as they push the attack into place and then make up the numbers in defence. It is vital for these to be on top of their game with high stamina in order to run backwards and forwards as they maintain the balance and teamwork in the side.

Wave 3 - InF (x2). The inside forwards' main job is to support the striker like in Futsal however they also must drop back to retrieve the ball and make up the numbers when not in possession. They're a great attacking threat to the unit and provide unpredictability to the side.

-INF-INF-

-BBM-BBM-

--DLM--

Futsal: The attack

A single lone striker makes up the attack but being a CmF means he can do what is needed; even defend, in order to get the ball and keep the opposition defence on their toes. His role is not only to score but set up for the other players by doin what is necessary and is the attacks living organism in order to make the attack potent.

--CmF--

Futsal: The weaknesses

Due to it being a high pressure game the obvious weakness is stamina and player ability. If your players aren't up for it then they will fail and this is further shown as you concede a fair bit despite being a very strong attacking force. This can only be used with the best players as one of the best in the league as you need to outman your opponents in every aspect with your superior teamwork and general play that Futsal is based around.

Futsal: My results

Within the injury crisis challenge I picked Celtic and managed to dominate opponents by having over 60% ball possession on average, well over 75% pass completion (reached 85% on some games) and most importantly dominated ALL opponents by having more shots on target than they did shots in general! In the right hands this tactic can be deadly as within 18 games I lost 1, won 13 and drew 3 with my goals in this time 38 and goals against 19! It is a lethal cocktail of philosophy and attacking force that has the potential to outclass your opposition in every way with high scoring games and wins expected.

Short option:

Team Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Short

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: Yes

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

--CMF--

-INF-INF-

-B2B-B2B-

--DLM--