Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely’s Great Big Evogen Study

Peely

The conclusion is the regen/evogen isn't as beast as fmh 2013, right?

Not necessarily less "beast": you can still find plenty of very good evogens and most of the time the process is hardly changed. The shifting around of PAs does tend to create a slightly odd database by the end of a long career, though, which I find rather unsatisfactory. You get highly valued players that look awful and very technically skilled players that never develop.

Hmm i see now, that's why some player has nice attributes but just play like

Edited by Lee-Roy
We don't swear on this site as we have a large audience of minors

This is amazing work !!

I think it is good that SI have done this as makes it so much more harder to find the evogen especially if PA can get passed on...

This finally explains why an old English chap from very low leagues suddenly got a 180 PA on one of my saves ...

Thank you for this analysis that is really awesome!

This finally explains why an old English chap from very low leagues suddenly got a 180 PA on one of my saves ...

Looks like he got the Giggs treatment ;)

This is amazing work !!

I think it is good that SI have done this as makes it so much more harder to find the evogen especially if PA can get passed on...

While a bit more variety and challenge is welcome, I do feel that the current system is quite badly flawed. It tends to produce unrealistic players, both in terms of their attributes and playing positions. I've seen wide players that can play in the DM R, DM L, AM R and AM L positions, but cannot even be retrained to play in the M R or M L positions; I've seen goalies that are awkward in every other position on the pitch. There are also the players with a PA in low double figures but technique of 18+ or supposed wonderkids who couldn't dribble a ball without tripping over their own feet.

The random assignment of a retiring player's PA to an existing player is just bizarre and looks like it should be a bug. The idea that any player in the game can suddenly become super-charged is hardly realistic and feels like a band-aid solution at best.

I hope that they will sort this out in FMH 2015 since the current system just doesn't work very well and impacts on the enjoyment of a long career.

Looks like he got the Giggs treatment ;)

This is amazing work !!

While a bit more variety and challenge is welcome, I do feel that the current system is quite badly flawed. It tends to produce unrealistic players, both in terms of their attributes and playing positions. I've seen wide players that can play in the DM R, DM L, AM R and AM L positions, but cannot even be retrained to play in the M R or M L positions; I've seen goalies that are awkward in every other position on the pitch. There are also the players with a PA in low double figures but technique of 18+ or supposed wonderkids who couldn't dribble a ball without tripping over their own feet.

The random assignment of a retiring player's PA to an existing player is just bizarre and looks like it should be a bug. The idea that any player in the game can suddenly become super-charged is hardly realistic and feels like a band-aid solution at best.

I hope that they will sort this out in FMH 2015 since the current system just doesn't work very well and impacts on the enjoyment of a long career.

It is very weird how someone's PA can go to someone else,it is flawed.

I'm on my 3rd season and giggs regen hasn't of yet appeared .

I use to app to identify the regen via the hidden stats attribute so if all stats match then that is the regen.correct?

Pretty much. The first two hidden stats are random to some extent (work rate and important matches). The remainder should be more or less identical to the player, just before they retired, but do change over time. I'd look for stats that are close to the original players and follow the same sort of pattern, but bear in mind that they could be a little different.

If you look at the Giggs regen (Danny John) you'll see the hidden stats have diverged a bit over the years.

Pretty much. The first two hidden stats are random to some extent (work rate and important matches). The remainder should be more or less identical to the player, just before they retired, but do change over time. I'd look for stats that are close to the original players and follow the same sort of pattern, but bear in mind that they could be a little different.

If you look at the Giggs regen (Danny John) you'll see the hidden stats have diverged a bit over the years.

Tbh I have gave up on finding regens in my saves as I have felt if ruined my save imo,

Can you ever be 100% sure that the regen you think is the correct one.

I have spotted nationality changes recently but some people will see a AMC/CF Spanish regen and assume it's Villa

As long at the PA hasn't been moved to another player you can generally be pretty sure you've found the correct regen. Where the PA is the same, positions are similar and the hidden stats are more or less the same that will be the regen. This will be trickier with players who don't have very high PAs, since there are likely to be a lot more 150 PA players than there are 190 PA players.

Yes, the players promoted from the youth academy are all regens/evogens. They're often not very good, since there are a lot of rubbish players that need to be regenerated, too, but sometimes you get lucky.

As long at the PA hasn't been moved to another player you can generally be pretty sure you've found the correct regen. Where the PA is the same, positions are similar and the hidden stats are more or less the same that will be the regen. This will be trickier with players who don't have very high PAs, since there are likely to be a lot more 150 PA players than there are 190 PA players.

But some people not using the save editor or the app they are just assuming the regen

That is a lot more troublesome. There have been several occasions where I thought I'd found a regen and the save editor has proved me wrong. Like you, I tend not to go looking for specific regens these days, since they can be very hard to find and you often end up with poor quality impostors (or the real regen with a much reduced PA).

The one thing that I would strongly advise against is the old method of filtering by a high PA and assuming that any players you find will be good. They will often be useless.

Are Regens only created in their home countries?

for example Giggs regen is always created at the welsh league.

Not always. Some non-English UK/Ireland players regen in England and Scotland. Strangely, on England Solo, a lot of welsh players seem to generate rate in Wales, in lower league clubs no less, but hardly any Scottish players regen in Scotland.

Edit: Adding on to this.

European top clubs, mostly Spanish and German it seems, also regen players of small nations. Nations without local clubs either regen at these clubs or at big clubs on their continent. Africa can get a little weird because of this, as there are so many nations with players but without local teams (On a side note, I really don't like how african regens are handled).

Great article! This is going to help me alot! Im got a question though, lets say you win the world cup with wales a few times will the game change how high PAs they get? Or another case is if you get the welsh leagues rep up to one of the top nations would it chsnge anything?

Great article! This is going to help me alot! Im got a question though, lets say you win the world cup with wales a few times will the game change how high PAs they get? Or another case is if you get the welsh leagues rep up to one of the top nations would it chsnge anything?

I think it's too early to say. If somebody ever manages to get a minor league up the rankings we may be able to answer this, but I'd be surprised if it changes the way regens are handled for that nation.

Just started a new career managing ManU (as a LFC fan I feel slightly dirty), into season 2 and then wound up Jays SE to check some things that were confusing me. Emre Can has a PA of 200!!! (bet Rodgers would be surprised) but as a tradeoff, there are no MC with PA higher than 175 (other than usual suspects). Even Pogba has PA 173.

Makes me wonder if there is some sort of game total PA that cant be exceeded so one high Pa like this causes others to be lowered to ensure average stays the same??.

I think it's too early to say. If somebody ever manages to get a minor league up the rankings we may be able to answer this, but I'd be surprised if it changes the way regens are handled for that nation.

Hmm okay cool, ive started a my club in wales and put most of the high PAs and im going to win the champs league and see what regens wales get, it will probably be none but im going to do it till wales are one of the top leagues n then see what regens come, if I finish it il put what ive found on here.