Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Newcastle United Signing Analysis

halamadrid

Newcastle United Signing Analysis

Hi everyone,it's been a while since I'd written any content,but today I(halamadrid) will be presenting you an analysis of Newcastle United's signings this summer.During recent times,Newcastle were known for their low ambitions and attitude of signing players,let's take Charlie Austin for an example,Newcastle made a 12m bid for him,but QPR negotiated for a 15m bid,and just like that Newcastle gave up on him,this lack of persistency on recruiting new and talented players had cost them a lot these past few seasons,and they even had a close shave with relegation last season.But after Steve McClaren's appointment,things had sort of changed.They started to gain confidence from their fans by making star signings(which they should've done ages ago),considering they were the 19th richest club in the world,how hard could that be?Now,without further ado,let me present you the signings.

Georginio Wijnaldum - PSV Eindhoven - $14,500,000  

Aleksandar Mitrovic - Anderlecht - $ 14,500,000   

Florian Thauvin - Marseille - $ 12,000,000

Chancel Mbemba - Anderlecht - $ 8,000,000

Ivan Toney - Northampton Town - Undisclosed Fee

These 5 signings will be reviewed by their performances and ability and will be given a Player Rating and Club Rating(how much he will help the club)score between the scale of 0-10.

Georginio Wijnaldum

During the World Cup,this Dutchman produced an eye-catching display and also helped his national side to achieve 3rd Place,he himself also scored a goal against Brazil during the 3rd Place Playoffs.Before his move to Tyneside,he was one of the main players of PSV and has established himself in the starting eleven as he scores goals and develops assists from his attacking role in midfield in Eredivisie, KNVB Beker and Europa League. In his first game as a Magpie,he finished Gabriel Obertan's cross with a perfectly placed header against Southampton.In the next few games,Wijnaldum continued to shine and proved why he was the third most expensive signing for Newcastle.

Player Rating: 8.5/10          Club Rating: 9/10

Aleksandar Mitrovic

At the age of 20,the Serb had already been tipped as a future star,due to his strong performances for Anderlecht(44 goals in 90 games),he had been linked with Newcastle for a long time and now he's here,a lot of fans would love him for sure.Although he's a strong target man,he is known for his tough-tackling and not his sharp-shooting.In fact,he got a caution 22 seconds into his debut after replacing Cisse.If he hopes to become a top striker who can bag in lots of goals(which means he'll need to play more games as possible),he must stop his aggressive approach to the game.

Player Rating: 8/10           Club Rating: 7.5/10

Florian Thauvin

This Frenchman was exactly what Newcastle needed,an influential playmaker who can create a lethal pass completely out of nothing and help change the tide.Of course,prying him away from France wasn't easy,so they had to throw Remy Cabella into the equation to seal the signature of him.When he first arrived at the club,it wasn't really hard for him to settle,as there were many Frenchmen at the club.He produced a wonderful display during the 4-1 win over Northampton in the Capital One Cup after scoring one and creating three goals.So it seems that Thauvin can follow the footsteps of Yohan Cabaye or maybe even more better than him if he can continue his run of form.

Player Rating : 8/10           Club Rating:9/10

Chancel Mbemba

Signed from Anderlecht,this Congolese left-back has fast becoming the fan's favourite player as he has good technique and quick feet,his strength wouldn't fail him either.He is the type of player that can raise the morale of his teammates and help others to feel confident during matches.He can also be a predecessor to Coloccini as captain considering his young age of 21.

Player Rating: 7.5/10           Club Rating: 9.5/10

Ivan Toney

All the four signings were good ones,except for this one.A player rarely known by a few comes into the fray of a well-known club,just seems too good to be true.Despite his young age,he seems unlikely to succeed at the club.I know,Steve might think he's an investment for the future,but his ability says it all,he'll just turn out to be another useless player.A really poor piece of business,that's what I reckon.

Player Rating: 3/10          Club Rating: 2/10

That's the end of this post,stay tuned for more of these by me(halamadrid)

Do note that this is just based on my own perspectives and opinions,please do not take these into consideration or reflection of the player's real-life ability.

Thanks for reading,comments and feedback are appreciated.

Till then,bye.

Halamadrid ®

Nice work HalaMadrid :) But honestly Mitrovic is a bit too aggressive than he should be being a striker and as for Wijnaldum I believe it will take some time for him to gel in.

Good work mate but this hardly relates to FMH at all. My suggest would be to use in game images while also discussing the players role and stats. 

A bit harsh on Toney IMO. He is only 19 and was alright for Northampton last year. I reckon 5 or 6 would have been a bit fairer for him. Over than that though, great article!

As a avid Newcastle fan there are many points I disagree with.

Low ambition- We like most clubs have high ambition just because we didn't bid a few extra million doesn't mean we lack ambition it just means why should we pay £15 Mill for a striker that has 1 year left on his contract.

Ivan Toney- You rating is very low considering he is a up and coming talent and I have watched him play loads as he played for my home town team Northampton

But other than that nice work but has nothing what so ever to do with FMH there is no relation to FMH with this article