Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Implementation of contract negotiations in FMM 16

hardikchawla6

Hello there, since the next game in the ever popular series of sports interactive's popular handheld franchise FMM 16 is on the way , I thought I would give my views on how contract negotiations should be handled in FMM 16.

Contract negotiations in fmh 15 were pretty limited, you could only offer players wages , contract length and sign on fee. While these are the basic features FMM 16 should be looking to expand upon this and offer some more features. While fmh 15 also offers a couple of clauses , I would expect something more from FMM 16. Si have not announced anything about contract negotiations in FMM 16 and with that in mind we need to keep our expectations in check about any updates to the contract negotiations system in FMM 16.

Problems with the current system -

• Constant contract negotiations with players
  • Severely limited negotiations options
  • Lack of use of contract clauses by Ai
  • Lack of more clauses such as buyout clause 

These are the major problems with the current negotiations system in the game. The players constantly demand new contracts , a problem that needs to be addressed , young players with high potential demand new contracts every few months which is unrealistic and these demands should be made more reasonable. The ai very rarely offers any players any clauses in their contracts and they are almost never used . Another major problem is the lack of clauses in the game , clauses like buy out clause are used all the time in real life but are not present in fmh 15. The negotiations with players are also severly limited resulting in contract negotiations being an ignorable part of game.

New negotiations options that should be added in FMM 16 -

• More clauses like  buy out clause
  • Offering players team roles like starter or star player to lure them to your clubs
  • Contract bonuses for certain achievements like team of the year

Improved negotiations by Ai

The current system has to be given more clauses as the 2 current clauses aremail too primitive and basic for a game costing what fmm/h does. THe game should allow managers to offer player team roles like star or youth player when signing so they can specify the demands they have from the player when they sign him and if he's not happy at his current club , he can be offered a better role at his new club. The game should allow wage increase/decrease if a team gets promoted or relegated or if a player gets player of the year he could get extra bonuses. Per assist and goal bonuses are present in the game but are  totally random and 9th yes should be allowed to customise them.

Fmm/h is a handheld game after all so si should find the balance between the current setup and having a too advanced setup. Hopefully they will get it right in Fmm 16 and improve upon the current system.

So hopefully you liked this, please comment if I missed something and express your opinions.

Nice work :)

In buying terms I like the idea of buyout clauses but as a seller they'd have me somewhat worried. If you can set the clause it'll likely never be used as everyone will set stupidly high releases while if the game auto selects them I can see them being fairly low. 

The team role idea doesn't interest me much, but I could see it's uses for smaller sides. 

Bonuses outside of POTY type ones are unlikely as the game currently doesn't do much in that area. 

Goal/assist/clean sheet bonuses were player selected on the PSP but it made little difference. Could be a decent option if it effected how the player performs if they have a greedy personality or something but outside of using it to attract players on small wages I see little use. 

One thing I would like is to be able to search players with clauses though, as it stands it's a rather hidden feature. 

Nice work :)

In buying terms I like the idea of buyout clauses but as a seller they'd have me somewhat worried. If you can set the clause it'll likely never be used as everyone will set stupidly high releases while if the game auto selects them I can see them being fairly low. 

The team role idea doesn't interest me much, but I could see it's uses for smaller sides. 

Bonuses outside of POTY type ones are unlikely as the game currently doesn't do much in that area. 

Goal/assist/clean sheet bonuses were player selected on the PSP but it made little difference. Could be a decent option if it effected how the player performs if they have a greedy personality or something but outside of using it to attract players on small wages I see little use. 

One thing I would like is to be able to search players with clauses though, as it stands it's a rather hidden feature. 

The player ai should be able to disagree if the release clause is too high.

In that case the feature has little importance as the game will force you to sell him for a price under your view. The player could refuses to sign a deal when the release clause is too high but again that equals the same problem of the game deciding what he's worth to you which is wrong. However in real life you hear all the time about stupid release clauses, isn't Bryan Ruiz's at Sporting something daft like 40m for example. 

The player ai should be able to disagree if the release clause is too high.

Dead right it needs more room in negotiating. I'd love to see buyouts, but it seems unlikely to me - as Ashez says, it would be hard to make it work.  As for as club roles go, why not make it less about star player, and more about whether they're being bought to strengthen the squad, be a first team regular, or whatever? As it stands, I rarely buy players who are agitating to be a first team regular at another club,, unless they're absolute stars - I wouldn't want to buy trouble. Making you make a commitment might make some of the more bizarre requests for a FTR more understandable. And it would stop me buying willy-nilly (I'm trying to control my habit, honest....)

I've not noticed too many players the number of players wanting bigger contracts is there to stop you overspending, I reckon - I've just taken a team right through the divisions, and it's only happened (understandably) now that we're in the Champions league. I've seen Phil Jones, and Raheem Sterling always seem to be asking for more, but I've never found it that big a problem, if I keep my wage bill close to the amount allowance - I often adjust budgets to squirrel away a surplus over the change of seasons, and contract requests often happen when I've got a significantly higher wage budget than the bill. Not sure if that's deliberate or just my imagination...

Dead right it needs more room in negotiating. I'd love to see buyouts, but it seems unlikely to me - as Ashez says, it would be hard to make it work.  As for as club roles go, why not make it less about star player, and more about whether they're being bought to strengthen the squad, be a first team regular, or whatever? As it stands, I rarely buy players who are agitating to be a first team regular at another club,, unless they're absolute stars - I wouldn't want to buy trouble. Making you make a commitment might make some of the more bizarre requests for a FTR more understandable. And it would stop me buying willy-nilly (I'm trying to control my habit, honest....)

I've not noticed too many players the number of players wanting bigger contracts is there to stop you overspending, I reckon - I've just taken a team right through the divisions, and it's only happened (understandably) now that we're in the Champions league. I've seen Phil Jones, and Raheem Sterling always seem to be asking for more, but I've never found it that big a problem, if I keep my wage bill close to the amount allowance - I often adjust budgets to squirrel away a surplus over the change of seasons, and contract requests often happen when I've got a significantly higher wage budget than the bill. Not sure if that's deliberate or just my imagination...

tthat should must be a coincidence. Some players are just greedy in the game.

Job release clauses would be great for coaches but doubt that will be available, it's si that we're dealing with here.

How else will you be able to sign ageing players as coaches? Unless you can only sign players at your club which will suck. 

How else will you be able to sign ageing players as coaches? Unless you can only sign players at your club which will suck. 

wWe don't even know if coaches will be real life ones or just a fictional bunch.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't have ageing players as coaches, that's the main appeal of the idea imo. If it's a bunch of random names with no meaning the feature becomes pointless instantly.