Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career North Ferriby - How far can we go?

I can't bare to click continue and play any more for the fear of losing!

i have fought tooth and nail every single game and this is the first time we have topped the table!

I bought Matthew Warburton for 10k at the start of the season and he was on fire, then was struck down with a 3 month injury!  He returned for 4 weeks but never hit form then was hit again with a 3 week injury!  He has since recovered and is not hitting form again.  Each of our remaining games also have 7 days between each fixture!  

Could we actually win this and get automatic promotion???  Dare I even think about dreaming???

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

Well I persevered and Warburton finally hit form! We won the last 6 games to lift the trophy that up until April I never believed we would even finish in the play off positions!

Heres how we finished......

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Massey127

Matthew Warburton was our main man and saving grace.  Signed from Curzon Ashton for 10k he went on to score 29 goals in 37 appearances whilst spending a total of 3 months 3 weeks of the season injured.  Warburton finished top scorer in the division and is now worth a healthy 300k!  Not bad for a 10k investment.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow good job! 16 shooting is probably something to kill for in the Vanarama National league North. No wonder he's banging in the goals

Season Two

After our promotion to the Vanarama National we set about strengthening our squad with a transfer budget of £140k.  I tried to sign many players but could not get anyone that was good enough to improve us that wanted to sign for us!  Very frustrating! So we pretty much had the same team so had to tweak the tactics.  We played more cautiously in the first half switching to a more attacking mindset during the second half.  The strategy for this season was to keep Warburton as fit as possible so he could play as many games as possible.

so how did we do........

image.jpg

image.jpg

We finished second! Amazing considering we had the same team as last season and lost and drew ten games each!  Wrexham were unstoppable and tanked us twice!

warburton again saving our season and keeping him fit is key if we are to avoid relegation next season!  Warburton is now worth £750k from a £10k investment!

This pre-seasons priority is a new DL and DR.  The current have aged beyond use and in need of replacing.  Any recommendations gratefully received.