Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Tafftastic 3-2-3-2; Plug-N-Play

Dear FMM2017 fans,

I purchased the new version of FMM2017 when it came out back in November and used the Tafftastic Tactic to employ a plug-n-play style of gaming (I'm a big fan of re-creating scenarios from the 1990s and 2000s; i.e. making Auxerre a European powerhouse with just French and cheap African players and building them up, or using only players from the commonwealth countries for a Coventry project).

The 3232 tactic w/inside forwards and APM was amazing as it meant that pretty much no matter which team from which league you picked, you were going to do amazing. I have proof of a Forfar project that I started as my first big game.

However, as the year and updates have gone on I've found it harder and harder to keep a team going; they tend to struggle and the tactics fail. Which is weird as these tactics ALWAYS worked season in season out.

Does anyone have something close to the successful tactics Taff came up with that are mentioned above? The game is becoming tough and tedious...

The game is great and it takes a bit more this season. I dont Think there is such a thing as plug n play. How Do YOU want to play and do you have screenshot ?

i have seen 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3, 4411 and 4231 work, but it all depends on how you want to play?

my most succesfull tactics in this season have had 3 defenders, 4 in the midfield ( 2 wingers and 3/2 up front in verious combos.

6 hours ago, AndersJ said:

The game is great and it takes a bit more this season. I dont Think there is such a thing as plug n play. How Do YOU want to play and do you have screenshot ?

i have seen 3-4-1-2, 3-4-3, 4411 and 4231 work, but it all depends on how you want to play?

my most succesfull tactics in this season have had 3 defenders, 4 in the midfield ( 2 wingers and 3/2 up front in verious combos.

Thanks for replying AndersJ.

Without sounding shallow I don't really mind how I play; I just found that the tactic worked well with pretty much any team in any division to the point where players could fit into the system and perform. This was great as you could build up a squad with an identity, like the projects mentioned above. This was my biggest satisfaction when playing the Football Manager series.

In FMM2016 I used to the tactic to take Berwick Rangers from the bottom to the top in Scotland; with this, I decided to do the same with Forfar (strange thing is that my season placements and stats done show; maybe it was a post-update thing?).

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

That there looks great although i always go with pressure, but that tires the players :)

are you not satisfied with what you Got there?

if you look in community from 2016 it looks a bit like the tactic from Ozymandias :)

AndersJ this is great; but when exporting the tactics to Auxerre, they seemed to stumble somewhat. I had a project with Circle Bruge too and that didn't work either.

Another project I have is with Tranmer and after successive promotions they are now also stalling (the Forfar project was the first one on the new gamecock ride that seemed to work)

50 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

How large was the difference in player quality between the clubs?

Which clubs specifically? With Auxerre, my midfield is tight. And even though I generally buy cheap and build up, my squad is decent

Only thing i Think is sometimes when i change clubs is a go down a nudge in quality to build up again as i has to do with Nantes now in my challenge :)

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

Only thing i Think is sometimes when i change clubs is a go down a nudge in quality to build up again as i has to do with Nantes now in my challenge :)

Yeah that's a good point. Right now I always struggle for results against PSG and Monaco (PSG just dominate every year).

i think with the new FMM2017 the finer margins in terms of the quality needed for certain matches at lower clubs are more obvious and make a bigger difference. With FMM2016 a certain tactic could dominate all, with the Ozymandias (spelling) being a perfect example of how one tactic can generally work well for most teams in many divisions and countries.