Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Are the new features reveal over?

The new game seems amazing to me and i'm buying on friday, as soon as possible. But there is one thing that bothers me, that hasn't been talked about yet: how managers reputation work.

Let's see an example, that I posted on another topic: If I get, let's say, third place with Levante in La Liga, it would be "normal" if Atletico, Sevilla or even Real made an offer.

I would love that and would add realism. I hope this is included in the new game

Marc Duffy, and the FM twitter account said that there are new features that we'll discover for ourselves 

Like you, the manager reputation something I hope has been addressed. In Germany especially, a good season with a small /medium sized club would have a manager linked with a top club 

I think it's even more important this year, as the tactics seem to have been given a massive upgrade, so there is much more potential and options to over achieve with small teams 

2 hours ago, bestmanager99 said:

But there is one thing that bothers me, that hasn't been talked about yet: how managers reputation work.

You ask a good question and I agree it could use a couple tweaks tbh. 

In your example bringing Levante to new heights of course getting offers from traditional top sides would also largely depend on the success those clubs and managers were having at that time. 

I think the biggest "reputation" issue in FMM17 has been the inevitable damage to one's reputation when moving to lower or weaker/smaller leagues for example. After having decent to good success in top leagues such as EPL and then going down to smaller leagues in the UK, it proved really hard to climb back up again as if starting from scratch whereas one would expect to have at least earned some sort of credit or made a name for oneself to not entirely be treated or seen as a managerial noob. So hopefully this reputation thingie's received some SI love too. 

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

You ask a good question and I agree it could use a couple tweaks tbh. 

In your example bringing Levante to new heights of course getting offers from traditional top sides would also largely depend on the success those clubs and managers were having at that time. 

I think the biggest "reputation" issue in FMM17 has been the inevitable damage to one's reputation when moving to lower or weaker/smaller leagues for example. After having decent to good success in top leagues such as EPL and then going down to smaller leagues in the UK, it proved really hard to climb back up again as if starting from scratch whereas one would expect to have at least earned some sort of credit or made a name for oneself to not entirely be treated or seen as a managerial noob. So hopefully this reputation thingie's received some SI love too. 

There is an article I came across here sometime ago where someone worked out how many manager points you get for each game you win or loose and the points for various competition. 

Surely there will a few more announced. If not, I'll be quite happy with what they are offering so far. I love the game and it improves every year for me. SI/Marc Duffy always seem very good at interacting with the fans etc. I would love manager contracts in the game (nothing too complicated). The game would more or less be perfect for me then.

56 minutes ago, MWJ2014 said:

Surely there will a few more announced. If not, I'll be quite happy with what they are offering so far. I love the game and it improves every year for me. SI/Marc Duffy always seem very good at interacting with the fans etc. I would love manager contracts in the game (nothing too complicated). The game would more or less be perfect for me then.

Manager contracts would be great, instead of having to resign when you want to move on you could just let your contract run out, similar to the ai too because then we wouldn't have to see Antonio Conte at Spurs for 10 years!

1 hour ago, Creed-Darkness said:

Manager contracts would be great, instead of having to resign when you want to move on you could just let your contract run out, similar to the ai too because then we wouldn't have to see Antonio Conte at Spurs for 10 years!

Exactly. It would be a great feature I reckon. Adds a little more realism to it. You could even agree a deal with another team before your contract runs out. Release clauses too.